Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki You're asking the wrong person. My baby cousin threw out my years work on free will v determinism on behaviour. she is not even trying to blow raspberries, she is literally blowing real raspberries. :hilarious: Oh yes I think I saw her on an advert on social media - blueish green short hair?

@WuTwo My inner feminism likes what you posted. Could you share some height please? I'd love to be taller but I'm everyone's leaning post. I feel taller women look fantastic in dresses because of the legs, I'll look like I'm cleaning floors with dresses on. :hilarious:

@helensaramay I agree, I fear for my baby cousin because kids can be mean. :( I didn't have it easy through school because of being Chinese so a lot of racism was involved. Then because of DKA, I was overweight from 11-16 years old, so I have 5 years of people picking on about my weight. My periodontal disease because of DKA never made it easy, my mum had to force me to go to school and I didn't want to because I was ugly with gaps in my teeth. If it was back teeth, i'd be like whatever but unfortunately it was the front teeth. Along with my mum also highlighting the fact I was fat even my ankles had rolls. As soon my weight started to come off and I had orthodontic treatment, the bullying stopped.
I've tried on real jeans, the non stretchy kind, it fits when i'm standing up and walking but as soon as I sit down, oh boy it's belly restrictive. :hilarious: Men clothes have pockets!

Hello friends, sorry for the late report. I've been bouncing up and down for the last few days, it settled yesterday and then shot up to 12.6 this morning. You can say I was moody, miserable and had the face ready to slaughter my bf. Who had kindly picked up my last drug item and bought some snacks home. :hilarious:

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dearie me. I didn't dare do my usual check of the thread over my lunch break for fear the topics of conversation last night would trigger our nanny software at work to block the site completely!

Currently utterly morose about the Main Paid Work prospects for next year and seriously considering, for the first time since taking on this job, a change of direction. What was going to be a nice week, enjoying the company of my students who are about to leave has turned into an awful "Get ALL the paperwork sorted out, done and dusted, NOW - because you're shifting areas next year." whirlwind. I've not shifted from the computer for two days, and tomorrow really doesn't look any better. Those who aren't shifting are panicking about just exactly how much I really do to keep most things under control without most people really realising and are panicking about how they are going to cope.

I don't take well to this kind of random unexplained change which makes no sense to anyone expect the person who made the decision... fortunately some key people have clear memories of what happened last time this happened and are doing their best to keep me sane as they don't want me going down that dark hole of utter despair again.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Day 4 of antibiotics for acne and I must say my spots look hideous. The tablets have made them crispy but it's slowly healing. But make up would look hideous on top of these spots as well, it can't hide the crustiness. :hilarious:
No sight of new friends on my face.
I am finally reunited with cans of chick peas, fruits and soy yogurt. I also cannot wait to rip this sensor off my arm, it is in need of a good itch. :arghh:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, a bit early because diabetes decided to hypo and I think it’s because I misjudged my fiasp for pizza earlier. Yep, I haven’t quite mastered my insulin for pizza. Last time I went sky high.
I changed my profile pic too because it’s the best expression to describe diabetes when it is confused or being a plank.

Reactions: hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning friends, a bit early because diabetes decided to hypo and I think it’s because I misjudged my fiasp for pizza earlier. Yep, I haven’t quite mastered my insulin for pizza. Last time I went sky high.
I changed my profile pic too because it’s the best expression to describe diabetes when it is confused or being a plank.

Hope things are better this morning. Lately, this should be mine, take care
34407908_10156197777411996_339393826172960768_o.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all, off to work v soon, hope you all have a good day :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps, completely all over the place for the last two days, I need to get my basal set right for this particular week and it’s not going well. Stupid body. Never mind, eh? I wasn’t much out of range, but all the up and down-ness of both the bg line and temp basals (the blue bit) show that I need to adjust my basal. I’m using an override feature where you can alter the basal in increments of 10%, I just need to get it set spot on.

4BB6EEC2-34F5-4BB4-B9BC-72CCF0688A6C.jpeg

Currently waiting for a work call, hopefully...

Have a good day, friends x

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all. Going well so far .... not. I have a special carafe and water glass that I love. Really pretty. So today I put the glass down because Dizzy asked for a pick up onto the sofa, but I missed with the glass and it dropped onto the floor and smashed. It wouldn't have, except it landed on my spare hard drive. Shame the glass was full of water so I could swig my tablets.....

Top of my list on payday - new carafe and glass. I'd had that set for years, picked it up in a charity shop and I loved it!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yeah but it's a new system. It's going to take a bit of time to learn to trust it. It's natural :)
I was only just about trusting finger pricking. Woke in the middle of the night 3.9, had a glucotab, waited, pricked again 14.2!!! That's one amazing tab. Unlike @Mel dCP (cwtch) I didn' t correct and went to bed. Woke up at usual time, madam doing a rumba 6.6.
Clearly my body is excited about going to France
à bientôt

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was only just about trusting finger pricking. Woke in the middle of the night 3.9, had a glucotab, waited, pricked again 14.2!!! That's one amazing tab. Unlike @Mel dCP (cwtch) I didn' t correct and went to bed. Woke up at usual time, madam doing a rumba 6.6.
à bientôt
Blimey, how big was the tab? Jealous of your France trip. No holiday for me this year as saving hard for uni (no work today :( ) I was totally overwhelmed by my lovely friends this week, I need to get a bit of kit for my course, and a few of them suggested I crowdfund it. So very nervously I set up a thing, and have got enough to buy a really nice (purple) stethoscope :) All the people sponsoring it picked an emoji to be engraved on it, so whenever I use it, I’ll be reminded of them ❤️

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP - I love that idea! Brilliant - well done.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
à bientôt
Morning all, holiday's really over now, went to Rosemoor and it's fantastic. One more exciting thing to do today; go and look at puppies. Fingers crossed there's one who thinks she wants to live with me.

@SueJB, could you possibly have pricked a finger that had contact with the glucotab?

Have a good day all whatever you're up to (or up and down to if bg is touring the Himalayas :wideyed:)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Blimey, how big was the tab? Jealous of your France trip. No holiday for me this year as saving hard for uni (no work today :( ) I was totally overwhelmed by my lovely friends this week, I need to get a bit of kit for my course, and a few of them suggested I crowdfund it. So very nervously I set up a thing, and have got enough to buy a really nice (purple) stethoscope :) All the people sponsoring it picked an emoji to be engraved on it, so whenever I use it, I’ll be reminded of them ❤️
That's so lovely about the friends and the stethoscope
The tab was raspberry flavour so that might account for the leap or their mix might have been unbalanced or because it was just after midnight or ????. But I pricked, washed hands before @hh1 so it's another of those diabetic mysteries
Can you trust finger pricking even if your hands are clean?

Reactions: porl69 and hh1

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Can you trust finger pricking even if your hands are clean?
If I’m surprised by a reading I’ll retest on another finger. If they’re very different I’ll do another finger and go with the best out of three!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
If I’m surprised by a reading I’ll retest on another finger. If they’re very different I’ll do another finger and go with the best out of three!
I usually do but early hours I wasn't surprised, I'd woken up sweating. Ever prick is a surprise

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'm not entirely sure what to say to that. I think my mind leapt down into the gutter again, so I'll go and have a cup of coffee and find my rope ladder ....

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Mornin all, here we go again . . . Too early in the day for me An aural memory sprang into my mind, a nurse or doctor saying “Just a little scratch.” Anyone know when that one was instigated?
Hope you all have a good one!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Fairygodmother - no, but it annoys me every time. I suppose they got too many comments whe they said "Just a little prick".

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Mornin all, here we go again . . . Too early in the day for me An aural memory sprang into my mind, a nurse or doctor saying “Just a little scratch.” Anyone know when that one was instigated?
Hope you all have a good one!
It’s what they/we have to say now, miserably. Takes all the fun out of making holes in people... :(