Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, a cheeky 4.1 this afternoon and I feel like I've been rolled under a car for a few hours. I think the 1 unit fiasp is too much during the evening, I'll give 0.5 a round tonight. I've come to terms that I'm more insulin sensitive in the afternoon-evening. I ate my bf's last cheeky hobnob :hilarious:

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I. Am. Officially. Bored. Over the past 10 days I cannot get my evening/overnight figures right. I've been having a reasonable amount of exercise, nothing I've not done before, it's been very warm, and I'm either hypo or hyper after dinner, and last night when I wasn't I woke up on a 13 which zipped up to a 14.8 by the time I'd got downstairs. I've tried more carb, less carb for dinner, upped and downed bolus and basal, and I'm sick to death of jelly babies. Don't like them anyway and have eaten far more of them than any person should have to :meh::confused::sour: Thanks for listening, rant over.

@Delticmatt100 good luck with the tests, did they say what they were?

Hi @hh1 I am pretty much in same boat. My overnights generally have been poorish. Going to bed with BG of say 6.5 and BG rising overnight sometimes to as high as 13. Annoyingly it is happening maybe 3 nights out of 4 making it difficult to know if I need to adjust my overnight pump settings, as sometimes its fine.

Rest of daytime early evening is usually not too bad

T1 defo keeps us on our toes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hello friends, a cheeky 4.1 this afternoon and I feel like I've been rolled under a car for a few hours. I think the 1 unit fiasp is too much during the evening, I'll give 0.5 a round tonight. I've come to terms that I'm more insulin sensitive in the afternoon-evening. I ate my bf's last cheeky hobnob :hilarious:

I'm definitely far more sensitive in the evenings than mornings - my ratio triples from 1 unit:3 g carb to 1 unit for 10g carb. And its different at lunch - sort of partway between the two.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The corner shop must think my bf and I are fatties, all we buy from there is oreos, sweets, crisps and coke. It's easier to go there for hypo treatments, coke is the same price as ASDA or Tesco. :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The corner shop must think my bf and I are fatties, all we buy from there is oreos, sweets, crisps and coke. It's easier to go there for hypo treatments, coke is the same price as ASDA or Tesco. :hilarious:
At my local Aldi they must think I eat tons of veggies and fruit thanks to my guinea pigs :p

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Aaaand for no good reason, out of nowhwere - 2.9 ..... *very rude words*

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'm not even wearing any socks!! Not fair.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Grrrrrr, hugs to you both! D-emon at its best, eh? :banghead::mad:

Not much to report today, didn’t get any further than Morrison’s and Aldi to do a spot of shopping. Went for my Couch to 5k stagger up and down the lane, it’s getting easier but I wouldn’t class it as “fun”. I think there’s something wrong with me, I just don’t get the endorphins from exercise. 5.9 when I started and 4.3 when I finished. It dipped down to 3.4 so I took one dextab and let Elvis take over. He’s TakingCareOfBusiness like a champ :cool: I’d knocked everything down to 80% before I started, might try 70% for the next one. Pottering along merrily at 5.9 again.

Husbeast made the most fabulous fluffy eggy bread today, using my keto bread recipe plus an egg mix with grated pecorino cheese and a splosh of almond milk to make it runny and able to soak into the bread. Cooked nice and slow in an ancient cast iron pan, it was the best eggy bread I have ever had. He actually preferred mine to the one he’d made for himself using a sourdough loaf. Texture and boinginess was absolutely spot on. I’ve not had eggy bread since going low carb and it was so nice to have worked out a way to eat one of my favourite meals again :) The whole meal was 5.4g carb and now I can’t move :rolleyes:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm not even wearing any socks!! Not fair.

Lol, WuTwo, I recommend reading the recently published doctoral dissertation by a loser at a third rate university called, "Socks: proof that wearing socks makes T1 management unpredictable and not wearing socks makes T1 management very unpredictable."

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Lol, WuTwo, I recommend reading the recently published doctoral dissertation by a loser at a third rate university called, "Socks: proof that wearing socks makes T1 management unpredictable and not wearing socks makes T1 management very unpredictable."
We should totally write that paper.

Reactions: WuTwo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
We should totally write that paper.

How will we choose who’ll wear what when we all arrive for your Ig-Nobel Award? Odd socks, skiing socks, windsocks, fluffy socks, silk socks, bamboo socks . . . Better all get knitting

Reactions: WuTwo and hh1

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 when I was experiencing high nights but not all the time, I tracked it down to my evening meal. Pasta and curries lasted longer than I expected. Once I sorted out my extended blouses for higher carb/fat meals, the strange night time highs disappeared.

Hi @helensaramay I agree that I think a lot of this is down to curries and pasta etc but I have virtually cut out pasta and only have a small amount of rice. I have tried dual bolus on the pump taking about 50% upfron with the other 50% spread over anything between 6 and 8 hours. In most cases it makes little difference.

I am reluctant to increase my basal too much as at times it is perfect through the night, some nights even dropping a little. I am going to experiment a bit more and have increased basal from 1.4 to 1.5, for a few hours between midnight and 2 am and keep my eye on it.

Thanks as always for the helpful and friendly advice

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What about tights, stockings, stay ups, pop socks and no socks?
I hope this research is going to be thorough.
Do we need to consider time of day?

This is why researchers always say at the end of their reports, "further research is needed to clarify."

First stage is going to be me getting enough out of the sponsors to get a free holiday in Italy to make sure merino wool sources are "enviromentally friendly" or whatever guff Guardian readers talk about these days.

Then, the first stage report will lead me into, "interesting research opportunities which were not previously identified" which will involve them giving me more money for a freebie to Japan to explore the massive benefits which Asian silk socks, or thongs, or mankinis will give to T1s.

The popsocks issue will definitely require a third stage trip to Cuba.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is why researchers always say at the end of their reports, "further research is needed to clarify."

First stage is going to be me getting enough out of the sponsors to get a free holiday in Italy to make sure merino wool sources are "enviromentally friendly" or whatever guff Guardian readers talk about these days.

Then, the first stage report will lead me into, "interesting research opportunities which were not previously identified" which will involve them giving me more money for a freebie to Japan to explore the massive benefits which Asian silk socks, or thongs, or mankinis will give to T1s.

The popsocks issue will definitely require a third stage trip to Cuba.
And as a keen knitter of socks, I’ll need a lifetime supply of Very Expensive Yarn. To go with my carbon fibre knitting needles.

Reactions: WuTwo

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Went for my Couch to 5k stagger up and down the lane, it’s getting easier but I wouldn’t class it as “fun”. I think there’s something wrong with me, I just don’t get the endorphins from exercise.

I'm not sure I count running as "fun", but I do feel better for having done it, and if I've done nothing (run, cycle, walk) I get twitchy. Related to this was my fitness level after our last holiday. Cycling 50+ miles/day for two weeks with a full camping load definitely made me fitter, but it didn't make going quickly any easier, it just meant I could do it more. As Greg Lemond put it, "it doesn't get easier, you just get faster" - rides or runs after the holiday have been harder work, but quicker.

Reactions: hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was nice seeing my family today, we all enjoyed a bit of Wimbledon Mens tennis as well. My mum said Rosie (my baby cousin) is teething. Am I stupid to say that is a bit soon for an 8 month old baby? I know babies grow at different rates, but teething at 8 months? :wideyed:

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was nice seeing my family today, we all enjoyed a bit of Wimbledon Mens tennis as well. My mum said Rosie (my baby cousin) is teething. Am I stupid to say that is a bit soon for an 8 month old baby? I know babies grow at different rates, but teething at 8 months? :wideyed:

"We're all different."

That said, most babies begin to teethe at 6 months so 8 is not unusual. :)

Evenin' all, how are we? F1 was excellent for a change earlier, no need to snooze through that one. Levels have been thankfully less exciting despite the snacks I had during the race.:angelic:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
"We're all different."

That said, most babies begin to teethe at 6 months so 8 is not unusual. :)

Evenin' all, how are we? F1 was excellent for a change earlier, no need to snooze through that one. Levels have been thankfully less exciting despite the snacks I had during the race.:angelic:
Thank you I guess i'm as a novice as my auntie, :hilarious: