Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep, I do the handwashing thing too. I still don't know what could be on my fingers that would produce a low reading though. Any suggestions?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Does anyone know if sleep affects diabetes - either length or quality of sleep? I've been wondering about that, and this is the place I usually come to find out stuff about diabetes.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Does anyone know if sleep affects diabetes - either length or quality of sleep? I've been wondering about that, and this is the place I usually come to find out stuff about diabetes.

Always harder to prevent running high after a poor night’s sleep. And harder, too, to contain the frustration it creates.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've not seen anything that way out on the low side on a meter. On Libre if I've slept on it, and high on a meter if I've handled something sweet and not washed my hands, but not low. Btw how did you get on at the hospital on Wednesday?

Hey hospital was great. Had eye test too. Drops stung bit.

Consultant said they are unsure if I’m either type 1 or 2.

So he sent me for a blood test which had done before I left hospital to see if there a genetic issue and if my Pancras is starting producing on it’s own again. He said pending blood test results they might take me off insulin for a while just to see how my Pancras is holding up. So fingers crossed hey.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Guys I took reading this morning and I was like ***. Why Aint I having a hypo I feel fine. Then I thought I better re test then it hit 6.5. Lucky I did and not go to my naughty cupboard to eat sugar things other wise the correct reading would been sky high. Anyone else had this before? View attachment 34255

Yes, I have a Tee2 meter as my backup one, and occasionally it's a rogue strip. I always retest if an under 3 appears and I don't feel hypo as I have pretty good awareness. The retest almost always confirms what I'm really thinking it should be.

Especially, as for me, I find the Tee2 runs higher than any other meter I've had.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Totally. Bad sleep makes me quite insulin resistant the next day. My Fitbit tracks my sleep so I get a pretty detailed analysis of light/deep/REM sleep and I have a look at that over my morning coffee and get an idea of what the day may hold in that respect!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I manage to shower strips all over the plae, but never found a needle in a stray place. Too worried about paws!

You sound like the most wonderful, supportive teacher anyone could ever hope for. In the spirit of @therower -have this Top Banana award!

Thank you!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I’m currently reading “Why we sleep” and the answer is yes! Length and quality of sleep affect blood sugars and mental health and pretty much every area of the body.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Diakat - did you get that on Amazon? If I can get it as a Kindle, it'd be an interesting book to read. Not to say it wouldn't as a paper book but I get those with the very best intentions and somehow ....... I tend to read at night with my Kindle Paperwhite, or else I need a bedside lamp which always keeps my husband awake. He needs a fair bit of sleep and I don't like to wake him.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat - did you get that on Amazon? If I can get it as a Kindle, it'd be an interesting book to read. Not to say it wouldn't as a paper book but I get those with the very best intentions and somehow ....... I tend to read at night with my Kindle Paperwhite, or else I need a bedside lamp which always keeps my husband awake. He needs a fair bit of sleep and I don't like to wake him.
I got it from the library! Author Matthew Walker, ISBN 978-0-141-98376-9, should be available as an ebook or Amazon.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Diakat - that's a big help. I'll have a look and I can put it in my basket for the end of the month.

Slightly overspent this month, what with the new ink and then there was this skirt, and some knickers .......

Reactions: Diakat

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I am very tired. According to my libre I’ve hypoed all night and I did feel it was a struggle to get out of bed earlier today. 4.7 on meter, 4.8 on libre, I think the update isn’t doing too shabby.
I know some of you have said 4.5 ish isn’t quite hypo, for me I feel absolutely rubbish. You’ll find me eating at around that level :(

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Diakat - that's a big help. I'll have a look and I can put it in my basket for the end of the month.

Slightly overspent this month, what with the new ink and then there was this skirt, and some knickers .......
Pah, who needs knickers?

I read exactly the same way. In bed, no bedside light, so I don’t disturb the husbeast. Much as I adore “proper” books, they don’t light up!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely straight 5s all night and half the morning. Went out to rub down paintwork in the summerhouse and within half an hour I was 9 and on an upward arrow. Grr! Why can’t exercise make me drop so I can have something extra to eat rather than having to inject more insulin.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm having my not too clever hour, I think (at least I hope it's only an hour) but I can't find the T1 food thread anymore. Can someone help me out?
Also, I was so busy trying to get a picture from my meal on that thread that I forgot to inject for it. Found out an hour later and noted the correction in the Libre app and still forgot to inject.
Did it just now, luckily it wasn't a very high carb meal and all nice and slow acting with lots of mayonnaise based sauce. But I'd still find my clever back rather sooner than later.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I. Am. Officially. Bored. Over the past 10 days I cannot get my evening/overnight figures right. I've been having a reasonable amount of exercise, nothing I've not done before, it's been very warm, and I'm either hypo or hyper after dinner, and last night when I wasn't I woke up on a 13 which zipped up to a 14.8 by the time I'd got downstairs. I've tried more carb, less carb for dinner, upped and downed bolus and basal, and I'm sick to death of jelly babies. Don't like them anyway and have eaten far more of them than any person should have to :meh::confused::sour: Thanks for listening, rant over.

@Delticmatt100 good luck with the tests, did they say what they were?

Reactions: karen8967