Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tegaderm works really well for me with my Libre/ MiaoMiao combo. i use the 10x12 one, available on Amazon. I have tried kinesiology tape and also used Vet wrap, but they make my skin itch after a day or two. The ver wrap is clingy and elasticated, probably that's why, kinesiology tape starts to irritate my skin. But the tegaderm is brilliant, and water resistant. No issues covering the libre with it, readings remain consistent on the sensors i have used so far.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Heathero

Try wrapping a wider area, it does slide easy but I did find if I wrapped it from right below my shoulder to elbow it worked better.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you I have found this now and ordered sports wrap .Used today slid down when exercising, started to come of when got a bit wet. So may need to try something else going to see what happens when I do aqua aerobics tomorrow !

I've never had this happen unless its too loose. Or been used too many times before and needs replacing. Try tucking the end corner under itself too.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did wrap a bit under and stayed in place for swimming. If too tight reduces circulation so cannot sleep with it on ready for morning. Will try again for exercise tomorrow, thanks for advice.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yea, you have to learn not to wrap too tight anyway as your arm will start to ache. It just needs a slight pull.

Last edited:

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yea, you have to learn not to wrap too tight anyway as your arm will start to ache. It just needs a slight pull.
Ok thanks sorry read but forgot to respond.
All seems ok now 3 Rd libre has stayed in place for longer than 3 days!
Only 3 days left.
Have found using Skin tac wipe before applying sensor, and being very aware of it on my arm when dressing or drying skin reduces it being pulled too.
Also placing on my arm where muscle not visible when flexing arm reduces pull, and also if swimming using self adhesive/ supportive bandage helps .

Reactions: Marie 2

Dustydog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been on the Medtronic 640g pump for 16 months & libre for two months.
I’ve recently taken up regular swimming where I’m in the pool about four times a week & finding the sensor is losing its adhesive quite quickly. The other thing is I detach my pump whilst swimming but find my sugars have been quite high sometimes after coming out of the pool? Do other pump users wear your pump in the pool? I know you can but I just seem to want to protect pump & disconnect it? However silly that may sound?
So what are people’s recommendations for the libre whilst swimming? Do you cover it with a dressing/tegaderm? If so can hole bit in the middle of the sensor be covered with a dressing? Do pump users swim with their pump & how do you do it wearing a swimsuit? Many thanks & sorry for all the questions
Although it’s not the same as actual swimming I do aqua aerobics and detach my pump whilst doing this. I find that the Libre does stay in place. However I am considering purchasing from Amazon additional adhesive patches as I have just be confirmed as eligible for NHS funding. I find that after the aqua my bloods tend to be low but given 30 minutes they tend to spike. I hope this helps

bonerp

I've knocked off my libre a couple of times so now use tegaderm which seems to hold it much better. You need to pierce it though in the middle to let the sensor breath else you get duff results. Water doesnt affect sensor through the hole.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear Omnipod pump while swimming no problem under costume or elsewhere. Does not detach but I’m careful to dab dry after swim and not forget where it is / rub with towel.
Libre now I’m used to it’s location which I now place just under arm at back I do purchase and use skin tac before applying which adds additional adhesive to skin that it sticks less strongly to. Also putting just under back of arm as a woman get caught less on clothes / doorways etc .
I no longer use anything on top of libre as no need as do aqua aerobics 1-2 x a week.

Last edited: