1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Pump & Libre sensor & swimming

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by sparklesoc, May 17, 2019.

1. Heathero

Heathero Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Ok thanks have now purchased.

2. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

3. Heathero

Thank you I have found this now and ordered sports wrap .Used today slid down when exercising, started to come of when got a bit wet. So may need to try something else going to see what happens when I do aqua aerobics tomorrow !

4. CondorX

CondorX Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Tegaderm works really well for me with my Libre/ MiaoMiao combo. i use the 10x12 one, available on Amazon. I have tried kinesiology tape and also used Vet wrap, but they make my skin itch after a day or two. The ver wrap is clingy and elasticated, probably that's why, kinesiology tape starts to irritate my skin. But the tegaderm is brilliant, and water resistant. No issues covering the libre with it, readings remain consistent on the sensors i have used so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Heathero

Try wrapping a wider area, it does slide easy but I did find if I wrapped it from right below my shoulder to elbow it worked better.

6. Chas C

Chas C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I've never had this happen unless its too loose. Or been used too many times before and needs replacing. Try tucking the end corner under itself too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Heathero

Did wrap a bit under and stayed in place for swimming. If too tight reduces circulation so cannot sleep with it on ready for morning. Will try again for exercise tomorrow, thanks for advice.

8. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Yea, you have to learn not to wrap too tight anyway as your arm will start to ache. It just needs a slight pull.

#28 Marie 2, Jul 20, 2019 at 6:21 PM
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  9. Heathero

Ok thanks sorry read but forgot to respond.
    All seems ok now 3 Rd libre has stayed in place for longer than 3 days!
    Only 3 days left.
    Have found using Skin tac wipe before applying sensor, and being very aware of it on my arm when dressing or drying skin reduces it being pulled too.
    Also placing on my arm where muscle not visible when flexing arm reduces pull, and also if swimming using self adhesive/ supportive bandage helps .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dustydog

Dustydog Type 1 · Member

Although it’s not the same as actual swimming I do aqua aerobics and detach my pump whilst doing this. I find that the Libre does stay in place. However I am considering purchasing from Amazon additional adhesive patches as I have just be confirmed as eligible for NHS funding. I find that after the aqua my bloods tend to be low but given 30 minutes they tend to spike. I hope this helps

11. bonerp

bonerp · Well-Known Member

I've knocked off my libre a couple of times so now use tegaderm which seems to hold it much better. You need to pierce it though in the middle to let the sensor breath else you get duff results. Water doesnt affect sensor through the hole.

12. Heathero

I wear Omnipod pump while swimming no problem under costume or elsewhere. Does not detach but I’m careful to dab dry after swim and not forget where it is / rub with towel.
    Libre now I’m used to it’s location which I now place just under arm at back I do purchase and use skin tac before applying which adds additional adhesive to skin that it sticks less strongly to. Also putting just under back of arm as a woman get caught less on clothes / doorways etc .
    I no longer use anything on top of libre as no need as do aqua aerobics 1-2 x a week.

#32 Heathero, Sep 4, 2019 at 2:14 PM
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook