What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Finger prick 5.8 at 6.30 am. I did set an alarm at 3 am finger prick 5.9. CGM drew a straight line. Obviously hit the jackpot with the long-acting.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.9 this morning. @ert, you sound a lot more upbeat this morning, good result with your meds.
Sorry, if my posts aren't always upbeat. I'm just scared, that's all. Positive, but scared.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today was up and ready before I tested though so I'm not sure if that counts. I know my FBG levels are not too bad but I have tried really hard to make them better and to be honest I am a bit fed up. FBGs used to be more likely just above mid 5s currently they are more typically low 6s. Last week, within an hour or so of getting up my bloods showed as 7.1. In all the time I have been testing, around 3 months now) I have never seen my bloods reach the 7s before I have eaten. Don't know if it is the summer weather, or stress (I've got an HbA1c test tomorrow), or just the peculiarities of diabetes as in when you think you are "taming the dragon" you find it has a sting in its tail. Ok enough grumping, tomorrow is another day.