What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 today was up and ready before I tested though so I'm not sure if that counts. I know my FBG levels are not too bad but I have tried really hard to make them better and to be honest I am a bit fed up. FBGs used to be more likely just above mid 5s currently they are more typically low 6s. Last week, within an hour or so of getting up my bloods showed as 7.1. In all the time I have been testing, around 3 months now) I have never seen my bloods reach the 7s before I have eaten. Don't know if it is the summer weather, or stress (I've got an HbA1c test tomorrow), or just the peculiarities of diabetes as in when you think you are "taming the dragon" you find it has a sting in its tail. Ok enough grumping, tomorrow is another day.
Hope all goes well tomorrow

Reactions: HarryBeau

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all goes well tomorrow
Hope so too. Thanks. My problem is I am a pretty inconsistent tester so don't have an accurate average. I just forget to test postprandial at times or I miss the 2hr window and will test late. I also wasn't testing prior to my last HbA1c so don't have any guidelines from that to know if my levels are lower. I don't want to tempt fate but I am thinking positively. I still think I will be in prediabetic levels but with better results than previous. We shall see. (To be continued....);)

Last edited: