Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, didn't realise it was that high!
It would appear to be one of the most popular threads on the forum, especially if you do some mathematical stuff and match type1’s as a percentage on the forum v posts and views on the forum.
We’re interesting gals and guys:):)

Reactions: SueJB and Marie 2

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Made some diabetic apricot cockies my first attempt. :)
IMG_20190720_151234.jpeg

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It would appear to be one of the most popular threads on the forum, especially if you do some mathematical stuff and match type1’s as a percentage on the forum v posts and views on the forum.
We’re interesting gals and guys:):)

Yeah, I reckon it's to do with the way the thread can switch in a flash from blethering off topic about whether Joe90 was better than Space 1999, to sharing detailed views on how best to bolus for cheesecake and pasta.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah, I reckon it's to do with the way the thread can switch in a flash from blethering off topic about whether Joe90 was better than Space 1999, to sharing detailed views on how best to bolus for cheesecake and pasta.
Yeah I think you’re right. We take the thread beyond diabetes but still manage to be the prime go to source of information for T1.
Joe90 and Space 1999. Blast from the past:).
Do you remember UFO and a bit later Blake’s 7? A time when you could put a few flashing lights in a cardboard box and it appeared beyond technical comprehension.

Reactions: porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Do you remember UFO and a bit later Blake’s 7? A time when you could put a few flashing lights in a cardboard box and it appeared beyond technical comprehension.

Lol, indeed I do! Born in 1967, so all those cheesy space age shows with flimsy sets were part of my upbringing as a 12 yr old!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lol, indeed I do! Born in 1967, so all those cheesy space age shows with flimsy sets were part of my upbringing as a 12 yr old!
Never occurred to me back in those halcyon days that a being from the depths of the universe could speak perfect English but a mere human across a small stretch of water made no sense whatsoever.:)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Those cookies look nice @Delticmatt100 - what’s in them?

Had a lovely curry at our favourite “special occasion” restaurant- celebrating the new beginnings going on in our household in the next few months. Completely ballsed up the carbs guess and am now sailing along at 8.5 but Loop reckons I’ll be back at target in a few hours. It brings me down gently which I find frustrating at times, but better to have a soft landing than a hypo, I suppose.

Hope you’ve all had smooth days :)

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Completely ballsed up the carbs guess and am now sailing along at 8.5 but Loop reckons I’ll be back at target in a few hours.

Pesky Loop has decided it's more important to get the 20,000, 1000 calculations sorted out than keeping you in range, so yer on yer own with this one for a while!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Sillyo'clock waking.......... sweating, checked 4.7 now what do I do?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well let’s hope they taste like cookies, not sure what cockies taste like. I could ask around though I guess.:)

When my sister made a gorgeous looking round fruit cake at school( 1970's) we were all impressed, until my mum tried to cut it and a hammer, chisel, hacksaw and probably a jigsaw too was needed lol :rolleyes:, but I really did feel sorry for the poor garden birds :wideyed::(

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Hi @Robinredbreast - very lively start to the day there!

I'm just grateful it's Sunday and not Monday -and I'm hoping this dull, overcast weather moves on. Mind you, it's nice that it's a bit cooler.

I don't have much planned other than a bit of cooking. I'd like to get on with my current stitching, mainly so I can move on. I put this project sideways for a few weeks and I'm always bad at picking up again. Problem is it's the second of two in a mini-series, and I already have the frames so I have to finish. And I'm over half way through. (Can you hear me forcing myself back to my stitching frame?)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Good Morning, Good Evening!
I hear you WuTwo, I have paperwork that I have to finish sorting and filing that I have stared at for two days, sitting right next to my computer, so I can't ignore it.............I'm almost done so you would think...................