Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Half mullered the lilac, sorry lilac, love you really. Found things beneath it not seen for years including a big pot with a still-alive aspidistra in. Friend gave it to me 20 years ago because he was fed up with it, might plant it out now so it can stretch its roots. Thought of @Knikki and his aspidistra, and tried not to think of pianos and doilies.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Party yesterday started with a 3.3 due to the misjudged drop from the bike ride with pretty strong wind. Easily solved with the following hypo treatment:
67112627_398955424083230_8002738916832575488_n.png

Not a clue how many carbs and alcohol but it worked a charm and needed 8 units of insulin despite being hypo :)

Party ended with this lovely view on my way back (and no hypo's as the wind now came from the right direction).
67153941_1602376309898500_9104031920949297152_n.png

Woke up to a 6.5 with a straightish Libre line through the 'night'.
I never go without my morning coffee but today it tasted vile so I'm halfway a big pot of tea now :meh:
Planned activity for today is possibly making a second pot of tea and at some point putting a plate of food in the microwave.

Bit of a party for me last night too.. A secret location down in Dorset.. (Frequented by "rockers" by all accounts when mods used to have issue with them?)

This was later than the "usual" gig so a bit of an experiment.. I usually do my Lantus at 11. The gig started at 10.30. (2.5 hours straight. It went "rogue.")
I go to my van round the corner just prior to do the "drug." (14u.) The pub was heaving. & hot. By midnight I was low. (Thank the gods of metal for improv extended guitar breaks.whilst I batted it with Lucozade.)
By the end of the night. 5.5. By 2.30, 3.3. Treated. I was put up in a flat on the quayside (boats. I know!?!) ;) by a friend near the centre of the town. I wake at 4.40 to the sound of a bloke singing to a girl in the street & a washing machine upstairs on spin cycle. 4.6. (Better sort this with a little 5g)
6.14.. Woken b what sounds like work banter... 2.7Mmol.. I had drunk no alcahol. The plan was to head home to my wife as early ass poss, sober. She was an absolute sweetheart looking after the dog.

A new cartridge of Lantus gives a little issue when experimenting with rock & roll thrown in the mix. (I knew that!)

All in all. I wouldn't regret a thing.

Bon Jovi, euphoria for tha masses.
Lol, what a great night...:cool:

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Makes a change from Iain Banks's description of what drum solos are for in Espedair Street :)

Lol, hey! I'm thankfull to the rythm section too... (They see the Lucozade bottle & know the deal.) It was also the drummer's girlfriend that give me a bed for the night.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to like watching the fights on the weekend tv rockers v mods... :D

I chatted with an ex forces guy last night (back n the day.) who recounted the navy "joining in." :D He said the place was once a powder keg.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The question is not how did you get that low because the answer to that question is easy - it’s because I took more insulin than my body needed. In fact, being asked that question is one thing that annoys me most about other people’s reaction to my diabetes.
The question should be why did your body need less insulin than you expected?
And the answer maybe because there were less carbs in my meal than I thought or because I did more exercise than I planned for or drank more than I intended or, most commonly, because diabetes is not predictable.
And that is why we become strong. Because we expect the unexpected and live to fight another hypo another day.
My usual answer when a muggle asks me how I ended up low (like it’s some sort of personal failing) is “would you like to be your own pancreas for a day, a week, a month? See if you get it right the whole time”. Accompanied by a death stare that could teach Paddington Bear a thing or two.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Can I just ask what everyone thinks is a good number to go to bed on? quick answers appreciated as I've had a really tiring day and am knackered

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's another chickpea night for me, because salad needs finishing and bf doesn't eat salad as much as me. I reckon spicy chickpeas will go with an italian salad. :)

Could I just say I've had no hypos for the last 4 days and I feel fantastic diabetes wise. I feel like I've been waiting for this moment or feeling for so long. I guess my tiredness isn't diabetes fault and awkwardly my blood tests came back all fine. They couldn't detect anything or find a reason for my hair loss and tiredness. I've been napping less but I'm still mopping around.

Has anyone tried 1:30 or 1:35 ratio? At night or late evening I'm quite sensitive, which ends up me waking up on low end of normal -4-5.5mmol/l. I've tried 1:15 and 1:20, both have put me into low end of normal. Libre shows it's a yellow colour and I want it to be green. :hilarious:

MeiChanski - I assume when your bloods were done, they tested your thyroid? When it comes to thyroid, the NHS ranges are too wide for many people. There are some who can be very, multiply symptomatic when "in-range".

Fatigue and shedding hair are classic thyroid symptoms. As you already have one auto-immune condition, you are at increased risk of developing others.

It might be helpful to get the actual results and have a read up on what you find.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I aim for 4.5-6 but have alarms to alert me if I’m going low.
I need alarms. I'm tired of this waking up 2-3 time in the night to check, just in case. I have a Miao Miao on its way, in the post.

Reactions: Marie 2
D

Deleted member 308541

I chatted with an ex forces guy last night (back n the day.) who recounted the navy "joining in." :D He said the place was once a powder keg.
I vaguely remember something like that happenin at Deal back in the sixties, a biker mob started to cause trouble in that pub across the road from the pier. The bouncers were royal marines from the marine barracks there sorted them very quick.

Reactions: Jaylee
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Ooops - down to an accidental 2.8 - slurp hasty glass of wholeberry cranberry gubbins - which Nutracheck kindly informs me is 26g of carbs. Might be a slight over-correction .....:rolleyes:

Hope you're feeling a bit better now :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I need alarms. I'm tired of this waking up 2-3 time in the night to check, just in case. I have a Miao Miao on its way, in the post.
I wake up if I go properly low, my hypo awareness is fine - but I have my watch set to vibrate at 4.3 so I can deal with one before it happens. Means I lose less sleep than having a full on hypo!