Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The question is not how did you get that low because the answer to that question is easy - it’s because I took more insulin than my body needed. In fact, being asked that question is one thing that annoys me most about other people’s reaction to my diabetes.
The question should be why did your body need less insulin than you expected?
And the answer maybe because there were less carbs in my meal than I thought or because I did more exercise than I planned for or drank more than I intended or, most commonly, because diabetes is not predictable.
And that is why we become strong. Because we expect the unexpected and live to fight another hypo another day.

Diabetes is predictably unpredictable :rolleyes:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am waiting to have a bunch of ginger planted, I love the smell! We are filling in what might have been previous owners beautiful then neglected pond.

But when we moved in it was full of cane toads, which aren't good things to have all around when you have dogs. So my hubby became the toad catcher and caught over 60 of those guys in 5 days and set them loose in another nice damp, no one lives near area. He kept wondering if he got stopped by the police how he would explain toads in a container on the seat next to him.

But looking forward to the ginger garden instead of the pond! And maybe some lavender and chamomile.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Start of another week. Happy hols to those who work in schools. Very windy overnight, awoke at 1am to find curtain blowing horizontally into the bedroom. All ready for swimfit but may change the shorts I had got ready to put on, for some longs. Still blowing a hooley!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone, how are you all? I've returned after a rather long absence. It's a bit of a long story...............and not very interesting either, I just had other things I had to do, but now they're under control I can come back.

Not much going on blood sugar wise, I've got lazier, with the libre, in that I don't try quite so hard to stay in target, as before, but it's all ok.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone, how are you all? I've returned after a rather long absence. It's a bit of a long story...............and not very interesting either, I just had other things I had to do, but now they're under control I can come back.

Not much going on blood sugar wise, I've got lazier, with the libre, in that I don't try quite so hard to stay in target, as before, but it's all ok.
Hi Alison, nice to see you again!

Reactions: Alison54321

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Another day at the office. Dropped cranberry juice down my top at breakfast and used a damp clean cloth to get it out. Now I have a nicely drying patch over one boob. Shows up really well on this top....

Thankfully I am alone at the office for at least another hour!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We lost power over the whole island this time. We decided we would go shopping oblivious it was island wide, until we hit the first stoplight that wasn't working and then all the rest of them too. No police anywhere, probably a Sunday thing. But gees, people just zipping through the traffic signals, not slowing or stopping for cross traffic on the major road. And only the Home Depot open and functioning! Luckily it only lasted about 3 hours in our area, 70% of the rest of the island wasn't/isn't as lucky!

It's been going off and on ever since the first time a few days ago, so I am thinking this won't be the last. But we are home with the A/C going and happy to have the lights and computers too. And our phones, it affected the phones too. It's a thing here, but the beaches are worth it!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all. So I must have been flat lined all night, only 0.6 difference between last nights 'score' and this mornings.........sadly both were in the 10's - but at least the wife and I survived the weekend, we didn't kill each other....yet! the daughter returns about 10pm tonight :D

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
But looking forward to the ginger garden instead of the pond! And maybe some lavender and chamomile.

Oooh - chamomile tea! One of my favourites :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, have just woken up. How marvellous. Elvis kept me flat and level all night, I seem to have got the settings right for most of the month, I’m very happy with it. Going for HbA1c bloods in a couple of weeks ready for my clinic appointment at the end of next month. Will be interesting to see if it’s made a difference - it’s certainly a lot less work.

Enjoy your Monday, I’m still resting my knee. Nice to see you back @Alison54321 :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sprain a knee turning tv on @helensaramay! Can’t help laughing, but with sympathy for him.
Hi again @Alison54321. Hope everything that kept you away more or less sorted. Good to see you again.
Has 0.3 below ever felt so frustrating, sitting waiting for the five to drive. A couple of gross charity pack sweets in so shouldn’t be long.

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I vaguely remember something like that happenin at Deal back in the sixties, a biker mob started to cause trouble in that pub across the road from the pier. The bouncers were royal marines from the marine barracks there sorted them very quick.

Lol, things may have changed since the "bad to the bone" days of the 60s.. I do a lot of biker rallies.
There is a fair bit of charity fundraising involved in way to change attitudes towards the generic "hell's Angel."

They fight for awareness of various conditions & diseases now.. :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So, that's the best time to go supermarket shopping in peace and tranquillity with the shelves fully stocked and pleasant staff - 9.00 a.m. on a Monday Morning!

Empty bus as well almost all the way home. Still got the ultra narky passenger who complained to the driver about my shopping trolley taking up space and me sitting in a priority seat when I wasn't disabled enough in his eyes to need it... Familiar to me Driver and I exchanged a smile - we both know this one of old - and both pointed out, the bus was empty, no-one else needed the buggy space, the wheelchair space or any of the 4 priority seats. The driver also added "Plus, Japes will always move as needed no matter how much shopping she may have. I've seen it happen. And she's getting off at the next stop!!"

And lo!! not only did he manage to stop the bus close to the kerb on my roundabout stop, he carefully lowered the bus so I could get off easily with the trolley. (Which, um, wasn't as heavy as it looked - most of it was new duvet.) There was a win - 90% of all drivers hate that stop, rarely stop near the kerb, or lower the bus if they do, and about 1 in 5 journeys include the "Will they/won't they stop?" moment. Every single time they stop round the corner or refuse to stop at that stop is reported and I will say it's got a lot better since I started doing that.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooo, I woke up at 7.6 which is pretty much what I went to bed on.. Subtracting 15% as I happen to know my Mobile reads higher than a calibrated NHS standard issue... (Between libre's at the moment.)
After walking the hound, 6.5.

Long weekend off.. Especially after the shanagins of Saturday night.

Will need to keep an eye out for some sneaky lows later I feel.. Spending some quality time with my wife at Bath spa thingy avin a steam.. Looking at the website, the Roman room looks pretty decadent.. ;)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Slept without my alarm as I've been stable for weeks. Woke to a Libre trace that went high overnight, above 10 and read 8.4 on waking rather than my usual flat line. What the hell? Finger prick said 4.3. So much ado about nothing. It's my first night off checking. I feel good. Here's hoping the Miao Miao arrives soon.

I'm on holiday. Just finished my third coffee and cream, corrected them with 1 unit of Fiasp and booked Qantas airfares home for my brother's wedding in October. Have a great day everyone.

Last edited: