What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No need of any watering here rain yesterday and today.
Managed to get through the night without a migraine!!
@DJC3 as @Viv19 says what else are shoes for - that is a minor indiscretion compared to my two who pulled up the carpet ate the grip strips and made inroads into the newel post at the bottom of the stairs.
Off to work and then a hair cut.
Take care

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning to start the week. My window of opportunity to get the garden done is tomorrow and I've been reliably informed the tree feller is due Wednesday, although I shan't hold my breath as he failed to show last time. Have a great week :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 8.3

So I am going down again hopefully back toward the 6.something of a couple of days ago.

The body just does its own sweet thing. It has its own agenda which you are not privy to....

Happy Monday
Happy new week
Take care

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone form an excitingly tempestuous thus even more dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of recuperation from the aftermath of the TT’s visit delivered a kindly 4.9 to compensate me for thinking that 0525 was really 0700.

A dinner of salad with mackerel last night very nearly included a nice juicy slice of left thumb which got itself out of position when holding a tomato. I stopped slicing when I realized that such a succulent addition to the meal would have tipped the protein load over the limits. Can you run your thumb under the cold tap whilst at the same time dancing a jig? Britains Got Talent here we come.

Have a great day if you can.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.
Full and overcast here in the capital.

One observation someone else made resonated with me, yesterday, may be of some use to others..

It's not about being in charge of fasting rather it's about listening to hunger.

Hunger is like a child - sometimes it's just grizzling and you can ignore it, sometimes it's really upset and you shouldn't ignore it.

The problem with carbs is you can get into a relationship where you've got an anxious/whiny child that just won't quit

And just quickly, here is a thought provoking post, that doesn't seem to appear on the "Recent Posts" page.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/thought-for-the-day.166537/.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. I woke to a 7.9 this morning which is bloody good for me.
I was a little scared going to bed last night I hit 6.6 (this low carb malarkey seems to be having an affect) Part of me wanted to have a slice of toast, but I decided on getting a care giver to wake me up at 2am to see if I was dropping, but the whole night was nearly a smooth line on my libre, no lower than 6 no higher than 8.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone form an excitingly tempestuous thus even more dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of recuperation from the aftermath of the TT’s visit delivered a kindly 4.9 to compensate me for thinking that 0525 was really 0700.

A dinner of salad with mackerel last night very nearly included a nice juicy slice of left thumb which got itself out of position when holding a tomato. I stopped slicing when I realized that such a succulent addition to the meal would have tipped the protein load over the limits. Can you run your thumb under the cold tap whilst at the same time dancing a jig? Britains Got Talent here we come.

Funny, because of how you write it up
Many hug, because I bet that stung.... And it ruins any meal if your throbbing with pain while holding the knife and fork.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was a little scared going to bed last night I hit 6.6 (this low carb malarkey seems to be having an affect) Part of me wanted to have a slice of toast, but I decided on getting a care giver to wake me up at 2am to see if I was dropping, but the whole night was nearly a smooth line on my libre, no lower than 6 no higher than 8.

Hey @Fndwheelie .

Great u found yourself on this part of the forum.

Fantastic to see the great effects LC is giving you.
Marvelous work so far.:)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 this fine morning. Wokeup early with bad hayfever, really hope it isnt a cold because that will prevent my eye injection happening on Wed. Have taken antihistamin and keeping everything crossed. Lots of vacuuming required today since I did a laundry marathon yesterday. Also a trip to Sainsbury for milk and gin :cat:
Bet any one of you can improve on my Monday plan.
@Bildad hurray for no migraine sleep. @gennepher good news best not to ponder the whys of the higher numbers. @trick60 hope your day gets better. @Bubbsie this week is going to be very hot so am not looking forward to watering duty, poor plants!
Anyway have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @Fndwheelie .

Great u found yourself on this part of the forum.

Fantastic to see the great effects LC is giving you.
Marvelous work so far.:)
I have to admit I only found this part of the forum because of the post highlighting it doesn’t show in the ‘recent posts’. I like the fact it’s full on chat. It’s amazing the LC because any readings below 10 were an achievement, now I can be in the green for hours on end. (I know readings of 8-9 are not brilliant in the whole scheme of things, but I will take what I can get.)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.1 this fine morning. Wokeup early with bad hayfever, really hope it isnt a cold because that will prevent my eye injection happening on Wed. Have taken antihistamin and keeping everything crossed. Lots of vacuuming required today since I did a laundry marathon yesterday. Also a trip to Sainsbury for milk and gin :cat:
Bet any one of you can improve on my Monday plan.
@gennepher good news best not to ponder the whys of the higher numbers.
Anyway have the best Monday you can everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Hugs that all is okay for Wednesday and it goes well.

>^..^<

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to admit I only found this part of the forum because of the post highlighting it doesn’t show in the ‘recent posts’. I like the fact it’s full on chat. It’s amazing the LC because any readings below 10 were an achievement, now I can be in the green for hours on end. (I know readings of 8-9 are not brilliant in the whole scheme of things, but I will take what I can get.)
Hi and welcome to our friendly corner where we all try our best with our individual targets and have a laugh or commiserate and support each other. Hope you enjoy the banter. Great start btw.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch,ouch! I hope it isnt too bad and you recover quickly. I dont like cuts on fingers, horrid and makes you clumsy with plasters on. Do they still call them plasters?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, I also find some posts I've been interested in don't appear on there either.

And as for the scores..
As much as we are a group, we are all still on our own individual journeys, going by slightly different methods and speeds, but there to support each other however we can.

So yeah, seeing other scores can seem disheartening...(I used to envy the 4 pointers, but that's not somewhere I can go happily... So I got over my envy and am happy with what I can do having the desired effect for ME.)

And yours is definitely working for you.
Anywhere below where you were is a step forward for each of us.

Lower is the New High...;)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Nice smooth line - no nasty, scary numbers -and you have great set of baseline readings to move forward with.
For me, the decision now would be to decide what to do next - stick with what you are currently doing or working at lowering that 6-8 line down a bit, and then a bit more.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this week is going to be very hot so am not looking forward to watering duty, poor plants!
I don't fare well in the sun PM...I am so pale it burns me quite badly I do my best to avoid it...plant watering is a chore but I love sitting here looking out at the plants & flowers while sipping my coffee so I will make the effort...fingers crossed it is just a bit of hay fever & good luck with the injections.