What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. All. 6.2 at 08.45 after a very late night didnt get to bed till 1am. Lovely evening out with my three NCT ladies who I met 29 years ago. We all different lives now but have an incredible bond, not least because there were five of us down the years but one of us is no longer on this planet. Food was ok ish though I didnt eat enough and was cold and hungry when I went to bed. But the comaraderie was top notch
@Debandez that festival sounds fantastic. If you book next year can you give me the heads up when to do so. I just might make it up that far. @Bubbsie great FBG keep the coffee rolling, it suits you. @Bildad not another bad night so hope the medics can come up with a plan. @harrison and @PatsyB sky larks take the day gently. @ianpspurs good to see you back where you belong and nice score. Dont worry it will soon be the new season never easy in a gooner household.
Well I have pottering to do today while OH and youngest son go to the cricket in Southampton. Youngest son arriving soon for cooked breakfast and with his bag of work shirts for me to turn around (after his first week in his new job).
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
I certainly will. I would be so happy if you could.

Reactions: HarryBeau

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 ouch
Tested twice to confirm

Not a disaster but not happy with that

Have a nice day

Pavlos

PS Not in Protaras today but there in spirit
20190722_074230.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 8.6

It was 8.3 last night as well

Have a good day

It's hot here, so I won't be doing much, just lazing around, with cat...the swing is in the coolest place in the garden, and so I will be swinging all day long...

Take care

>^..^<

Viv19

fbg 8.6

It was 8.3 last night as well

Have a good day

It's hot here, so I won't be doing much, just lazing around, with cat...the swing is in the coolest place in the garden, and so I will be swinging all day long...

Take care

>^..^<

Yes it’s pretty hot here at present gennepher. Forecast is 30C with a bit higher the next days. It’s survivable as long as it cools off at night which it has been. Luckily our old house stays quite cool at least at ground and cellar level. Bedrooms are into the roof so can be quite warm if temperatures don’t fall.
I have physio after lunch so I’ll be good for nothing later on.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it’s pretty hot here at present gennepher. Forecast is 30C with a bit higher the next days. It’s survivable as long as it cools off at night which it has been. Luckily our old house stays quite cool at least at ground and cellar level. Bedrooms are into the roof so can be quite warm if temperatures don’t fall.
I have physio after lunch so I’ll be good for nothing later on.

Chill out after the physio! :cool:

We have 29C predicted, getting a bit hotter over next couple days.
My outside thermometer in the shade already says 20C at 6:30 am!
I used to like my last old house, you could always find a cold place in it. Not so here. It's a bungalow. Unbreathable in hot weather especially at night. I have been known to camp out in the potting shed at night in a heatwave because it cools down quickly at the end of the day, and watch the night stars through the open door...

It confuses the cat when I do this...

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s already very warm. The back of the house faces south and the doors from the dining room and the door from the unnamed room are fully open. It’s already very warm.

The wonder wheel of waiting for the decorators to arrive and the anticipation of smelly gloss paint spouted forth a sterling 4.8 this morning.

My wonder wheel to the great god Libra will be working hard for the next few days. Lots of fluids today and taking care not to get sun burned. I will be digging out my best long sleeved Laura Ashley and a big floppy hat, or perhaps a parasol- got to love a parasol.

Have a great day if you can. Keep cool.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kept my clothes on too! Photographer said that all he knows is that they prepare these articles ready for a lull in the news. Not going to happen any time soon! But a few of us had photos done today so my guess is it might be sooner rather than later. My interviewer said it's a full week on diabetes. DCUK behind it I'm sure she said. Happy days.

Yes definitely in collaboration with DCUK so the info bits and what to eat etc should be spot on. Glad you got to keep your top in too!

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 this morning. Which is brilliant by my old goals of below 10, but I think I might need to move the goalposts soon. My plan for today is get up to the shop while it’s still early and coolish, then come home and die in the heat. My talk with the diabetic nurse was successful, I think I’ve gotten one who’s onboard with Low Carb. Or she was ****** off about me asking a dentist at the hospital to refer me to the diabetes team there as I’m not happy that what she calls controlled diabetes just got my operation cancelled. She’s agreed to let me adjust my insulin doses by small amounts as I see fit. Now I’ve just got to get it in writing before my care givers allow me to play about.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning the sun has scorched through the morning mist in the last 10 mins so I’d better organise dog walking session pretty soon before the heat. Dennis’ latest foible is that eating out of his bowl is tedious - he likes his meal served in a closed egg box so he can have fun ripping it apart to get to the grub. Luckily I eat a lot of eggs so have plenty of boxes.
@Viv19 hope the physio goes well.
@PenguinMum I think London is set to bake today, hope you can stay cool. Are you driving?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s already very warm. The back of the house faces south and the doors from the dining room and the door from the unnamed room are fully open. It’s already very warm.

The wonder wheel of waiting for the decorators to arrive and the anticipation of smelly gloss paint spouted forth a sterling 4.8 this morning.

My wonder wheel to the great god Libra will be working hard for the next few days. Lots of fluids today and taking care not to get sun burned. I will be digging out my best long sleeved Laura Ashley and a big floppy hat, or perhaps a parasol- got to love a parasol.

Have a great day if you can. Keep cool.

That mental picture of you wearing Laura Ashley and a parasol has set me up for the day, I’m still chuckling over it!
Is the Libre new to you?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last readings
5.2 Sunday
5.3 Monday
5.2 Tuesday

Out if the 6s it seems. Made simple changes. Less wine and nuts! Was creeping up. Not good for me late night nibbles.

Had an amazing weekend at Real Food Rocks. Met a very inspirational diabetic nurse there (a few actually). I'm already friends with her on Twitter. So I popped into her profile on my return. She has over 2k followers. Many Drs and HCPs. So now I'm following them too! And lots are following me back. The net is growing. All good for the cause. Speaking of the cause, photoshoot at mine yesterday for the Sun feature. Lovely guy. Been doing shoots for over 20 years. I was very relaxed with him. Lots of shots. Indoor, outdoor and he took me to our local park. One shot at mine made me smile. He wanted to take me at my laptop. I had DCUK home screen on. Every time I looked at my screen (on his direction) the lovely @Rachox was smiling back at me. So I wasnt on my own, I was in great company.

Today I'm going to the hospital with my daughter. Bloods to test for gestational. 2nd pregnancy. She had it with the first. Expecting same result this time but neither of us are concerned as we know the script :) then we are going for lunch which will be nando's. Got a voucher.

Cracking the flags here. Bright blue sky.

Going to have a slice of kingsmill no crust toasted (7.4g) with lashings of butter. 5.2 warrants that I'm thinking.

Have a good day to all. Still got over 100 posts on thread to read but time later.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That mental picture of you wearing Laura Ashley and a parasol has set me up for the day, I’m still chuckling over it!
Is the Libre new to you?

I have had the Libra for over a year now. It’s a very good tool to have for me when eating to blood sugar readings and also looking at trends.