Type 1'stars R Us

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It seemed to be when any reporting was done live from the Houses of Parliament, thinking back.. So thanks for not making me feel I wasn't "tripping." Though, Boris.... What the hey!! Maybe I am...
America has Donald, we have Boris - wonder what havoc the two of them can cause.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ask and ye shall receive....... We probably won't need to wait for too long to find out how it's going to be!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It is very popular here! About a 100,000 visitors a month plus!

We are trying to do a makeover on our bonus room ........6 months later and the bookcases are almost finished lol!

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo and Knikki

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I am frustrated because the weather decided to rain and thunder. So I had to close all the windows and we absolutely sweated and baked, :(
I hypoed in the last few hours and including the weather ruined my sleep, so heres to mopping around today. To also add we’ve ran out of coffee and fruit as well, *cries in diabetes*

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, did you manage to get back to sleep after the thunder? Pretty amazing noise and light show I thought.
Working in Oxford today boowee
Hope you all keep well watered

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning all. I slept, well dozed on the sofa last night until 1 o'clock as it was so hot up stairs and now up and ready for the school run, but not sure if it will last until terms ends though, lad does not like school !!
Whatever you are doing today have a good one and be safe in the intense heat.
Awoke on 5.9, with a slight rise during the night :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not a drop of water overnight here, desperate for some rain! Some boring things that have to be done but I'm fitting in a visit to my puppy, still over three weeks till she's old enough to bring home. And a week after that I'll be asking what on earth possessed me :hilarious:

Have a good day all and stay cool

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, not a drop of water overnight here, desperate for some rain! Some boring things that have to be done but I'm fitting in a visit to my puppy, still over three weeks till she's old enough to bring home. And a week after that I'll be asking what on earth possessed me :hilarious:

Have a good day all and stay cool
Hh1 it was like monsoons here about 3am

Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, hot everywhere but sleeping not bad under minimal cover. It feels close, so maybe the thunder storms will move this way after all. Basal down to pre-Hamish now but still a few hot weather lows though 7.1 on waking. Quick correct and back to 5.3 so happy but foot on the floor’s just beginning so another jab now.
It seemed like a long day yesterday with full on mud pie making then meet up with old friends near Dover. Lucky mud pies and meet up both near the sea, a bit cooler. Frio pouches alternately cooling overnight in the fridge these days before the morning swap.
Lovely first ever time working with porcelain yesterday, it behaves differently from the usual slap and bang clay I use and I love it. Looks like mud pie making’s about to get more expensive.
Stay cool and cheerful today, find iced coffee, veggies, dogs, and hedges, brambles, nettles, school-hating kids, stay where they’re happy.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, woke up just before 6 am with 6.4 blood sugar, which is quite close to what happened yesterday, I like a bit of consistency, though I'm sure it won't last.

Amazon decided to deliver something yesterday, so I didn't get my networking done, so I'll have another try today. I was, of course, quite grateful for the smooth delivery, and the discovery that even when I don't go anywhere my blood sugar plummets around midday. I usually go out and do things in the morning, so aren't often inactive at that time. Anyway, I will make use of that information today, even though it probably won't follow the same pattern. :(

Should be cooler today, google says, doesn't feel like it just now. Oh well, I'll just see what happens.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Still in bed behind my blackout blind blast shield and under the ceiling fan so no idea if we had a thunderstorm yet. I slept through the night pretty soundly, due to the three tons of painkillers I’d taken for my knee! Much sympathy to those of you who had a rough night, it’s a killer.

Not much to report, off to the ambo station in a bit for my MMR and Hep A jabs, so that’ll be fun.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I was awake until just gone midnight but no storm by then down our way, and I didn't wake up until just gone 8.00 I wish we had had one. I like a good storm.

4.7 on rising which feels very nice! Makes me feel like getting some stuff done today; I just have to decide what "stuff" might be.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lightening last night, no thunder. Hot.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If there was thunder and lightning here, I slept through it. Surprisingly. as I normally wake up really easily -especially with lightning.

Concluded that should the rest of my summer be taken up with Jury Service (for if 4 weeks it is, that takes me up to time to go back to Main Paid Work, and it's only pre-paid holidays away which count as a possible exceptional circumstance, not the much needed few weeks a year where my life is my own and not the fact I'm "just" not at work.) I might as well make the most of the next five days to do what I want and abandon the job list which I can fit in around other things, but which I was wanting to get off my conscience this week.

Apart from the wedding which I'm playing for tomorrow... That I do want to do as it's for a friend, but it is still work. Plus, I've remembered I'm going to confuse half the congregation as they've not seen me for either six (a funeral) or ten years (last time I played for a service at this church) and I've changed shape in the meantime thanks to this LADA malarkey.

Still, I had an encounter of the "Wow, you've lost so much weight, tell me your secret." variety on Monday, and seem to have the answer still down to a fine art. By the time I'd finished, the acquaintance was regretting asking the question. What do they teach clergy these days about tact in a pastoral care situation?! This was a passing meeting in the street, but still... My favourite was one of my work colleagues (who's employed as a counsellor) who made that exact comment and followed it up with a crestfallen "Oh, I was hoping you were going to tell me it was something like "Slimfast".

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot! Hot! Hot! (Even with fan) Thunderstorms and lightening. Bad dreams, a can of Coke and 4 Jelly babies Just done basal in my posterior, sat back down on bed, blood everywhere. For goodness sake! Things can only get better.
After keeping 2 year old sun safe and entertained yesterday, today am doing absolutely nothing.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We had a good few claps and flashes last night too :)wideyed:!!)

So this morning was a repeat of yesterday (and who says diabetes is never the same the next day!?), 5am wake to a low, took some glucotabs and nodded back off for an hour - still low then, a few more glucotabs and a dog walk in the early morning coolness, all good.

Sue are you in the city centre today?

Reactions: hh1

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Japes I was thinking 'is that a typo? playing or paying?' then of course you're an organist doah!........it's too hot already.....

Reactions: WuTwo and Japes