Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just got back from jabs, my MMR arm is fine, Hep B arm a little achy. Bloods a little wobbly as I thought I knew best and over corrected and then went a little low.

Must. Leave. It. Alone.

Ah well. Nice day to relax in the garden, I like school holidays!

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today is a warm day of bread baking, spinning and important meeting.

Putting bread making, and spinning in the same sentence has created a rather appealing imagine of you sat at a spinning wheel, creating thread. I know it's not that sort of spinning, but...............

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Made a short video message on my tiny garden to send to a friend who has lost both his parents in the last two weeks, so hard to know what to say.
It doesn't matter what you say, it's the saying something that counts. So as long as you leave out real big stupidities, your message will be perfect :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh boy, remember I said my gp referred me to get CBT for anxiety etc? I had my assessment around late April and I’ve been waiting since April to get a referral to see someone. I got a letter yesterday from the hospital to book an appointment. My opinion on waiting 4-6 weeks for help has changed, this process was just as bad. But finally, I got an appointment.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
No sign of black eyes but she must have bruised shoulders.

Not sure like is quite the right response but there isn't an "Ouch" to select.

Reactions: Knikki

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I just found out Libre sensors are 37 euro's in France (it's 60 here) and you can apparently buy them at any apotheque (when they have enough in stock, there seems to be a bit of luck involved). So I posted a message on facebook to ask if I know anyone who is going to France and willing to try to get me some and I found a likely candidate within the hour :)
Fingers crossed it'll work out and there won't be dodgy sensors as I can't go back to the pharmacy where it was bought.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Definitely fingers crossed for you - that's a big saving. Could you not order by post or would the duty payable take away the saving?

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Definitely fingers crossed for you - that's a big saving. Could you not order by post or would the duty payable take away the saving?
Not a clue, actually.
<starts google search>

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Awesome. I'd certainly make a road trip to France to buy Libres at 37 Euros. Let me know how it turns out. Is that £33. I'm stopping myself jumping for joy and have just crossed my finger instead.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.9 waking this morning. I decreased my long-acting by a unit because of the heat. I guess I'm not finding it hot (being Australia) so I'm adding a unit back tonight. It's only 30 degrees C here. A warm winter's day in Australia.
We had a thunderstorm here last night. My puppy barked at the thunder. She would go to the window, put her two paws up on the windowsill, her nose into the rain and bark to tell the thunder to be quiet. It lost its charm after the second time.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just found out Libre sensors are 37 euro's in France (it's 60 here) and you can apparently buy them at any apotheque (when they have enough in stock, there seems to be a bit of luck involved). So I posted a message on facebook to ask if I know anyone who is going to France and willing to try to get me some and I found a likely candidate within the hour :)
Fingers crossed it'll work out and there won't be dodgy sensors as I can't go back to the pharmacy where it was bought.

:banghead: Wish I knew this when I was over there in May...

Reactions: ert

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Awesome. I'd certainly make a road trip to France to buy Libres at 37 Euros. Let me know how it turns out. Is that £33. I'm stopping myself jumping for joy and have just crossed my finger instead.
The roadtrip would cost me close to 200 euro's for gas, so that's a lot of sensors to buy to make it worthwile... Especially as I don't want to be in France and do not particularly like driving.
I'll see if friends can help me out :)

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The roadtrip would cost me close to 200 euro's for gas, so that's a lot of sensors to buy to make it worthwile... Especially as I don't want to be in France and do not particularly like driving.
I'll see if friends can help me out :)
I like France. I like driving. I have a lot of free time. And I have a lorry license. :D