Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I will leave it here, happy with the answers and responses I’ve had which have given me more insight.
We'll do some more agreeing or disagreeing about other things tomorrow or next week, happy to leave this one as it is.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Scones. Rhyming with stones or bronze?

And even more controversial, jam on top of cream, or vice versa?

My vote is butter, then jam, then cream. Cream first if no butter, because the top of the scone (sounds like gone) needs lubricant.

Aaaaaaaaaand GO!

Reactions: porl69

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry @Jaylee . Judging people purely on physical features and making comments that are detrimental, nasty, racist, uncalled for, sexist, are, I agree wrong.
But we shouldn’t allow a physical feature to be introduced to a post when it didn’t exist originally.
Why are we assuming that a well endowed woman is fat?
Yes I could move on but let’s point it out now before someone makes the assumption that fat people are predisposed to being diabetic.

Hey, it's not my "gig" anymore but you do a disservice to a respected member, mod & this marvellous thread racking up for a "corner pocket."

Your personal failure to see any concerns are irrelevant in the bigger picture. (There seems to be a a promoted "ideal image." Not all of humanity conforms to "that..")

Kind regards.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Sorry to not be able to follow the thread, it must be the weather that's causing it.
Scones. Rhyming with stones or bronze?

And even more controversial, jam on top of cream, or vice versa?

My vote is butter, then jam, then cream. Cream first if no butter, because the top of the scone (sounds like gone) needs lubricant.

Aaaaaaaaaand GO!
I'm with you. Didn't realise people served them in a different layer order.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've started reading 'My Sister, the Serial Killer', Oyinkan Braithwaite. Some light, uplifting holiday reading. Or not. Lucky I'm used to all the blood from my finger pricks and injections.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diakat

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Butter, jam, cream, no sultanas, rhymes with cones. Yum. Very. I have a recipe which uses heated yoghurt as the liquid and it makes the lightest scones ever. Irresistible.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't refer to a fat woman in the gym, I referred shortly to a well endowed woman in the gym and proceeded to talk about myself, as I have no idea what the woman in the gym looked like, except big breasted with no bra.
It was about body shaming.
I'm the sort of female that hisses at wearing bras, free the milk jugs! :hilarious:

Reactions: Antje77

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never had one, @Mel dCP . And can't make one either as you have different cream in the UK :(

That's one that's always weirded me about mainland Europe - cream. Nice bit of double cream, clotted for special occasions, but it always appears to be soured on the other side of the stream, which completely misses what a creamy taste should be,

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Scones.
Butter and cream only. Don’t like jam.
Sultanas or plain? No preference.
Bridgehouse in Boscastle, Cornwall . The ultimate scone.;)

Reactions: Kim Possible

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Scones.
Butter and cream only. Don’t like jam.
Sultanas or plain? No preference.
Bridgehouse in Boscastle, Cornwall . The ultimate scone.;)
I’ve had a cream tea there, iirc. Scones the size of dinner plates with about half a pound each of jam and cream?

Reactions: therower

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I have finally got the child to sleep after a night at the theatre. We seem to have a sick hamster.
Dried blueberries in scones.

Reactions: porl69