Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree. Are they proper bakelite knobs? (no further comments from anyone else please!)
Hi bro.:)
4 of them look like knobs of Bakelite.
The one on the left looks like it’s been removed and there’s just a little thingy sticking out. Not sure how best to describe it on account we’ve used the term knob to describe the other 4.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Just a random question, do any of you beautiful men and women wear or use any makeup? Is there anything you highly recommend? This girl has acne scarring and she is in need of a real life photoshopping session. :hilarious:

Before anyone comments let me be first......only when I wear my summer frock. I just use my other halfs make up

Reactions: Fairygodmother

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how best to describe it on account we’ve used the term knob to describe the other 4.
Yo Bro!

well if we've used knob to describe the ones that stick out what can we use for ones that go in............? Ladies, whats your favoured word for 'it'? @Antje77 best be on ready stations for moderation......:nailbiting::hilarious:

Edit: I guess I should have said we can call it a **** or a ***** or ****** and we'd all be really confused

*not edited by moderator! :wideyed:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Yo Bro!

well if we've used knob to describe the ones that stick out what can we use for ones that go in............? Ladies, whats your favoured word for 'it'? @Antje77 best be on ready stations for moderation......:nailbiting::hilarious:

Whatever I put in reply will be moderated....soooo not going to reply :hilarious::bag::bag:

Reactions: therower

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Made coffee but I found out the milk had gone bad. Was fine an hour ago. Stupid heat.
Trying to think up something to make for dinner. Preferably something that'll last me for 3 days, is very tasty, very easy to make and quite low carb as I eat very late with this weather and don't want to find myself having to correct things after bed time.
And no soup or salad, as I'll be bored with that after the first day and then I'll have to cook again tomorrow...
Thai Chicken Curry.
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/thai-green-chicken-curry/

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@porl69 Oh nice, Pics or it didn't happen :hilarious:
@helensaramay @Knikki I'm on Lymecycline and it has helped my face, not so much my scalp. However because of my Asian complexion, once spots go they leave a pigmented mark behind. :shifty: So makeup would be a temporary fix until I see my GP again when I finish my course of antibiotics.

Reactions: porl69

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Surviving the heat 101: Eat 200ml of Oppo Chocolate and Hazelnut Ice-cream. Now there's something I couldn't do pre-insulin post-diagnosis.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, after the in bloom plant dousing, I came home and made a bollognaise for tomorrow, prepared ready for cooking today’s lunch-roasted veg, new potatoes and Peri Peri chicken for husband. Fish and various green veg for me. Put Halloumi into marinade, mixed up some sugar free jelly and made 2 loaves of bread, one white one wholemeal. Why? Must be bonkers.

Reactions: hh1 and Antje77

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@ert remembering the excitement around Oppo icecream, I decided to treat myself recently.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. They seem to reduce the carbs by adding artificial sweeteners which made it too sweet to my taste.
I am really happy others like it but, now you are on insulin, you can try some "real" icecream. In my opinion it tastes much better ... especially if you are going to pay the high price of Oppo.

But, we are all different. If you like it, go for it.
It's been such a long time since I had ice-cream, it may have been low carbohydrate, but it was simply the bee's knees.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Seeing as most, but not all, seem to have reduced their insulin doses due to the weather, do you think the NHS see a slight seasonal drop in usage of insulin but perhaps an increase in testing strips especially during hot weather?
I’ve had to increase all mine by 20% #awkward

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just a random question, do any of you beautiful men and women wear or use any makeup? Is there anything you highly recommend? This girl has acne scarring and she is in need of a real life photoshopping session. :hilarious:
Just black eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow pencil and a dash of red or purple lippy on occasion. I don’t use foundation beicause I don’t like the feel of it on my face!

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just black eyeliner, mascara and eyebrow pencil and a dash of red or purple lippy on occasion. I don’t use foundation beicause I don’t like the feel of it on my face!
That reminds me of when I was 17, it was mascara, blush and a lipstick. :D
I do like red lipstick, but I'm too scared to wear it. What shade of red do you like? vampy red? marilyn monroe red? sexy red? deep berry red? bright orange-neon red?