Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Och, ye can kip on the sofa if yer ever round my way, Antje!
I was more worried about where to go when needing the bathroom... I don't think I could handle that decor when drunk. And I'd rather not use your sofa for that!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was more worried about where to go when needing the bathroom... I don't think I could handle that decor when drunk. And I'd rather not use your sofa for that!

Aah, I see now.

Well, there's a small and very well tended community garden 30 yards away from my front door, you won't get any bonus points for taking care of business there, but the guy at number 32 has been annoying me a lot, so feel free to take a leak on his front door any time you want!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aah, I see now.

Well, there's a small and very well tended community garden 30 yards away from my front door, you won't get any bonus points for taking care of business there, but the guy at number 32 has been annoying me a lot, so feel free to take a leak on his front door any time you want!
Number 32 sounds perfect and it won't make me as dizzy as your bathroom :) Provided I'm quicker than he is with his baseball bat of course.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
Another badge wearing day so that's a good start.
Off to the vet's at 8 to get a steroid injection in my shoulder. I hope it works so I can start swimming again. Miss going to our outdoor lido
Have a great Thursday everyone

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,
I accidentally fell asleep yesterday, tiredness struck my poor soul. But bf was monitoring my BG for the majority of the late evening and apparently sailing between 5-8.7mmol/l. So 5.6 this morning. :)

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, too much adrenaline floating around yesterday, so blood sugar went out of control yesterday afternoon, all is calm this morning though, and hopefully set for a nice steady day. Hopefully.

Have a good day, everyone.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone have a good day
FB_IMG_1553862645980.jpg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all - a not too shabby at all 5.3 this morning :joyful::joyful:

Have to say the butter seitan & cauli curry was delicious. We both ate hugely and have the same amount put by in the freezer for one of those "I have no idea what to cook" nights.

And I have to say, I love that Thai black rice. Chewy! And apparently it's stuffed with the nutitional things, not just carbs.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all - a not too shabby at all 5.3 this morning :joyful::joyful:

Have the say the butter seitan & cauli curry was delicious. We both ate hugely and have the same amount put by in the freezer for one of those "I have no idea what to cook" nights.

And I have to say, I love that Thai black rice. Chewy! And apparently it's stuffed with the nutitional things, not just carbs.
I love Thai red rice, when it cooks it turns a bit purple and it is absolutely delish. :D I heard it is a better alternative to white rice and my BG seems to agree.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I love Thai red rice, when it cooks it turns a bit purple and it is absolutely delish. :D I heard it is a better alternative to white rice and my BG seems to agree.

The black rice leaves the cooking water a dark, dark really intense purple and the rice itself is so dark it looks black (but is a deep purple really. We get it from Sainsburys! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_rice

I've not tried the red rice. Must get some!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Rise and shine everybody. 5.6 I can't believe how tired I feel when I first get up. I only begin to start to feel human after my morning run. Just putting on my running shoes, which I will have to replace soon as they're falling apart. Have a good day everyone.

Oh, is anyone else excited about the cricket starting today?

Last edited:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The black rice leaves the cooking water a dark, dark really intense purple and the rice itself is so dark it looks black (but is a deep purple really. We get it from Sainsburys! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_rice

I've not tried the red rice. Must get some!
My parents and I usually pop into an asian super market to get certain types of rices and spices. :D

Reactions: Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning diabuddies, awoke on a 6.1 :happy: which is great.
Going out with my daughter today, she has a couple of days off so we are going to a town with a lovely long river and possibly a boat ride too, now, waiting for the sun to pop it's head out.

Happy August 1st :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@ert quote: Oh, is anyone else excited about the cricket starting today?[/QUOTE]

Erm, no, I don't mind playing it, as kids we used to play it outside my mum and dad's house, by the garages and mark the walls with chalk wickets :oops::angelic: but watching it .................... zzzzzzzz