1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I also seem to recall hirsuteness being a side effect of cyclosporine.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

He He, the T1 circus

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

This is me!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

We lost power for a couple of hours, so I decided I'd go to bed a couple of hours early. To get woken up 3 different times during the night with my alarm warning of a low starting. So much for thinking I'd get a few extra hours of sleep!

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Eeeek!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. WuTwo

Morning world. Have great days!

Fairly sleepless night running to the loo to wee eggcupfuls at a time. Dizzy very wakeful as a result so he's going to be a tired and cranky boy today. And I have an excuse for being a cranky woman!

Tell you what though, the Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry juice is a thing of beauty to drink.

• Hug Hug x 4
  8. WuTwo

Also, boss is out for the day so I am taking my infuser thingy in with me together with some herbs and will brew a pot of herbal tea at the office. If I'm going to drink loads then I'm going to drink loads of the good stuff.

Not saying boss would mind but he'd be taking the mick all morning about my tendency to treat things with herbs and stuff. I think he has visions of pointy hats and parked brooms.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, wet here though not raining right now. I'm not sorry to see it as it's pretty parched though not as bad as last year, might be fed up by the end of the day as it's predicted to be wet all day.

I'm obviously having trouble adjusting to lower temperatures and a change of site; woke up on an 11.3 according to Libre, 9.3 according to meter - so much for increased accuracy of sensors! I'll be keeping a close eye on this but it's too far out for comfort and this is its third day.

Hope you all have a good Friday whether it's wet or dry!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. WuTwo

Yeah - ours is going to be a wet day but in the centre of town it's much needed. We're a tourist town and it can't be helped but there's an overwhelming smell of greasy chips clinging to the pavements until it rains, when they're all cleaned off again.

Thankfully I may work in town but I never hang around here - straight in, straight out - so at the end of the day I'm headed back out to our little bit on the edge of town. It feels like a village - there's a few shops, everyone knows each other and stops to talk, the neighbours are friends and we look after each other's keys and take in packages etc. Lovely feel to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

Morning from a damp South Westish,
    I hope it stops raining at lunchtime. Otherwise, I can't run down to my spin class because my trainers are not waterproof.
    Legs are feeling much better today so I'll probably give the gym program another go later.
    But first I have to convince my BG to rise a tad. According to Libre, last night was a kids rollercoaster where the highest it went was about 4.5 with a couple of dips.

Have fun with the ducks ... in the rain.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WuTwo

Husband was looking for frozen cranberries too, but said thee's every other kind of berry in the world in the frozen section (or so it seemed) but no cranberries. But the Whole Berru juice is a pretty near substitute I think.

@helensaramay - do you need new outdoor trainers so you can poddle about in the rain? And maybe take the indoor trainers in a bag?

13. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, damp here, well more wet than damp really! Was up early to take daughter to school early as she's off on a residential long weekend - teachers are amazing, I couldn't face a long weekend away with ~200 12 yr old girls, but at least they're in France and the french are good at producing certain quaff-able beverages........! She wished me good luck - getting through the weekend with just the wife :hilarious: (If I haven't posted by end of play monday you'll know we've killed each other!:rolleyes:)

On the BG front I was low this morning, and yesterday I didn't do too badly after the 5.something, ended the day on 6.1 and was fairly steady in range for most the day.

On the cat front, we're letting him out tomorrow!

• Like Like x 3
  14. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning. In knee pain. At school. Last day. That is all.

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  15. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@slip did I did 14 residentials throughout my teaching assistant career, with children ranging from 8-11. Four of them abroad travelling on an airplane (passport nightmare!) They were all absolutely exhausting, but also some of the most rewarding events in my life. Happy memories!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

An interesting day. Awoke on a 7 after a 1:30am correction due to my nemesis-beer! A good level for swim training. Arrived at pool without my Libre scanner duh! Blood testing meter low battery (haven’t used it in 10 days) took a dextrose to be safe. 80 lengths including a timed 200m (3min 52sec). Left pool in pouring rain in sandals yuk! Arrived home to a 7. Result I think. Happy Friday all. Food shopping here, then an hours grandparent duty before we hit the wine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Wet here in the Midlands and looking set for the day - so the annual Big Clean has started. Not heard from my House Elf for any work during this Uni holiday yet, but I've got plenty of paper sorting jobs of the variety she prefers if she does call in. She does willingly clean and undertakes any housework job I ask of her (except gardening), but I've noted the sigh of relief when I get her onto sitting down tasks!! Anyway, I've got a shedload of Very Bad Mood energy to wear off before I've any chance of enjoying a relaxing break... Often takes me time to decompress, so I'm not bothered about it, and the VBM energy does get an awful lot done!!

So, I've started on cupboards and storage space. With some ruthless decluttering going on.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Kim Possible

Kim Possible Type 1 · Expert

@WuTwo looking at the curtains of rain pouring down at the moment and my road that is turning into a river (or at least a little stream), forget outdoor trainers (although most running shoes are not waterproof nowadays), I think the only option is wellies to and I can't run in them: more like puddle plodging, I think.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

You don't want to get near azathioprine if you can help it.

Hey @hh1, I found the Libre was always off much more when you are a nine plus in BG's. Hopefully it settles down soon. Some stayed off and then I would call Libre for a replacement. If you call for a replacement it used to have to be 30% off in readings.

20. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Marie 2, thanks, it's been my experience too that the higher or lower the reading, the more out the comparison was likley to be, but my recent experience has been far better than that. I've had a number of replacements due to inaccuracy but not for a good while, so I was lulled into a false sense of security that the reliability of the sensors had improved. Silly me.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook