What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me this morning. My lowest fbg in a while. Only awake because the dustbin men woke me up, I didn't know what day of the week it was at first, throws me out when I work the weekend. Lol. I was confused why the dustbin men were here lol

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to you all. Really pleasing to read of happy starts for you @HarrisonK, @JohnEGreen and @karen8967 . My fasting bg was 4.9 today at 6.05 ish for which I am grateful if very sceptical of the accuracy. Even after 4 years I remain uncertain how it can be reliably replicated or how that fits into any plan for all round wellness and wellbeing. Today we are richly blessed to have our grandson staying over so those things matter diddlysquat. As the man sung, these are the days - enjoy yours because we are laying up some real treasure here.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning around 6:00am. Had an awful night, far too hot, finally gave up trying to sleep around 2:20am and went downstairs to sleep. (We have a downstairs bedroom). A little bit cooler but not much.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fanatsic stuff @Barba_Rossa should be a good meeting with the GP. @Starfish18 must feel good being in the 5s again so well done you. @HarrisonK good to see you as ever and 6 is fine and dandy. A 5.1 for me this morning after eating meat yesterday for the first time in about 7 weeks. It is a pretty tasteless foodstuff which until LC I thought I enjoyed. On the very plus side, our grandson stayed yesterday and the evening meal with the meat also had his dad and little sister so here's a little verse to sum up my day
These are the days now that we must savour
And we must enjoy as we can
These are the days that will last forever
You've got to hold them in your heart.
:):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: Barba_Rossa and ert

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Reiterate Ian's good wishes to everyone and to Ian himself, can't compete with Ian's literacy talents though so wont even try.
Well had a bit of a fast yesterday, went to bed at 4.6 got up this morning 5.5. Also lost 1lb in weight so spot on this morning. Its strange how the simple things can put a smile on our faces but then that 1lb has been hanging around for weeks.