Obesity, T2 and my right to eat the diet that will heal me

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been cross and upset over some news reports over the last couple of days...One is Michael Buerk saying that fat people are weak and the NHS shouldn't treat them, and they will die early anyway etc.

Well I am obese because the NHS has failed me several times over. Too much to go into on this thread, but the Eatwell plate was not good for me and has exacerbated my health issues. The low fat message was disastrous for me, but I am now eating healthy animal fats and whilst I am still obese, my weight has come down since adopting LCHF. Little by little I am working to put right the ills caused my body by bad science.

The other is the news reported today that we are being urged to become vegetarian or vegan to save the planet! Do people really believe these lies that animals are causing global warming? Do they realise that not everyone can eat soya?

Please understand I have nothing against folks choosing veganism or vegetarianism as the diet of choice for themselves, everyone has the right to choose what suits them and their health best. But we very soon won't have the choice to eat meat. That is very wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...roduction-key-to-climate-crisis-leaked-report

According to the news feeds this morning, it apparently calls on all governments to mandate the global diet within the next 2 years. Last week CNN interviewed the CEO of Impossible Foods, and he stated that it was the company Mission to replace all animal protein by plant based proteins within the next 2 years, so he already knew what the IPCC was going to say.

Euronews had a business report that said Beyond Meat was building huge processing plants around the world to meet demand in 2 years time.

Now we know why the Amazon rainforest is being deforested and planted with GMO Soy crops. It is not for animal feed since only chickens use it anyway, but to supply the new factories producing veggie burger products and tofu and tempeh etc. Funny how beyond meat do not discuss how soy isolate is made from GMO soy crops, or that barilla and Cargill are directly supporting Monsanto in Brazil where this year deforestation increased by 300% this year, but animal pasture did not increase at all.

CNN also hosted a discussion group to discuss agriculture issues and climate change . All 8 of the 'experts' turned out to be committed vegans, and there was not a single meat eater in the studio, but the chairperson did admit to having been a meat eater once. The panel decided that the vegan diet is the most healthy one on the planet anyway without mentioning the deficiencies it has, and they advocated using processed foods like fake meat since the nutrients in them are more readily absorbed by the body than with animal products. No one questioned why vegans blame heme iron for being behind the red meat toxicity claims they state as a cause of colorectal cancer, and yet they are bending over backwards to fill impossible burgers with GMO created heme iron as an added ingredient that will be used to fortify many vegan processed foods. Eh? Cake and eat it time. We are now being fed such blatant lies in the media.

We need to stop producing so many goods that we just don't need. Stop aiming for growth in the economy. Growth just means we use up the world resources more quickly, and in doing so add to global warming. None of this has anything to do with cows but everything to do with greed.

This is scary. What happens when in 20, 30, 40 years this is proved to be yet more bad science foisted on us by bad people? Unlike the low fat message, we won't all be able to revert to a sensible omnivore diet. Once the cows are dead they remain dead. Gone forever. As I have said before on the forum, although I wouldn't call myself a great meat eater, I would hate to be able not to have the choice to do so. And I love cheese.

So maybe I'll just do what Michael Buerk wants and stay fat and die early. Life won't be worth much if we don't have the right to choose our diet for ourselves.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with a lot of what you say and am not planning on becoming a vegetarian, though I do eat less than I used to do replacing with fish and lots of vegetables.
However, no matter how we feel the science does prove that animal production for food is contributing to global warming.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The problem with science is that it can 'prove' what ever it is paid to prove.

The myth of cattle burps causing global warming has been debunked and was frankly ridiculous, cattle were here for many centuries before global warming. Global warming started with the industrial revolution and population growth.

This morning there was a climate change scientist who was complaining about the rainforest deforestation for cattle feed i.e. soy crops when the land should be used for arable crops instead.

Now soy is actually toxic to cattle - the oil destroys the enzymes in the rumen, and leads to death. Some people suffer a similar problem with soy - approx. 50% of the world populace believe but we only get stomach upsets.

The deforested land is NOT suitable for arable farming. The leaf mulch and sparse vegetation on the forest floor is acidic, and normally needs to be burnt off as step 1 of reclamation process. Step 2 is to allow the land to recover as scrubland, then step 3 add ruminants and chickens to cleanse the soil and aerate it. Finally a fixing crop is grown such as soy or other oily crop such as rape or clover is grown and then ploughed in to get the nitrogen fixed into the soil and fibres into the topsoil. After many years of cattle and rotation cropping, then the land will sustain arable crops. So arable needs cattle. Cattle are a useful and economic way of reclaiming land so it is not surprising to see cattle being raised on cleared land.

Edit: Cows don't currently eat soya, but 'they' are experimenting with feeding cows small amounts of it. Why on earth you would mess with an animal's natural diet, I just don't know. Well yes I do, nothing to do with global warming but everything to do with money.
https://www.drovers.com/article/soybeans-may-be-viable-cattle-feed-option

Last edited:

mr_cat

I noticed a similar article in the telegraph. [no comment allowed too]
it has been a few weeks rest from the propaganda drive so i guess its ramping up for another push.
The heard 'they' want to control /cull really is human.
disgusting.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
The problem with science is that it can 'prove' what ever it is paid to prove.

The myth of cattle burps causing global warming has been debunked and was frankly ridiculous, cattle were here for many centuries before global warming. Global warming started with the industrial revolution and population growth.

This morning there was a climate change scientist who was complaining about the rainforest deforestation for cattle feed i.e. soy crops when the land should be used for arable crops instead.

Now soy is actually toxic to cattle - the oil destroys the enzymes in the rumen, and leads to death. Some people suffer a similar problem with soy - approx. 50% of the world populace believe but we only get stomach upsets.

The deforested land is NOT suitable for arable farming. The leaf mulch and sparse vegetation on the forest floor is acidic, and normally needs to be burnt off as step 1 of reclamation process. Step 2 is to allow the land to recover as scrubland, then step 3 add ruminants and chickens to cleanse the soil and aerate it. Finally a fixing crop is grown such as soy or other oily crop such as rape or clover is grown and then ploughed in to get the nitrogen fixed into the soil and fibres into the topsoil. After many years of cattle and rotation cropping, then the land will sustain arable crops. So arable needs cattle. Cattle are a useful and economic way of reclaiming land so it is not surprising to see cattle being raised on cleared land.

Edit: Cows don't currently eat soya, but 'they' are experimenting with feeding cows small amounts of it. Why on earth you would mess with an animal's natural diet, I just don't know. Well yes I do, nothing to do with global warming but everything to do with money.
https://www.drovers.com/article/soybeans-may-be-viable-cattle-feed-option
Some wise person saw fit to feed cattle on cow's brains. Perhaps they've forgotten BSE?!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The other is the news reported today that we are being urged to become vegetarian or vegan to save the planet! Do people really believe these lies that animals are causing global warming? Do they realise that not everyone can eat soya?

Please understand I have nothing against folks choosing veganism or vegetarianism as the diet of choice for themselves, everyone has the right to choose what suits them and their health best. But we very soon won't have the choice to eat meat. That is very wrong.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...roduction-key-to-climate-crisis-leaked-report

According to the news feeds this morning, it apparently calls on all governments to mandate the global diet within the next 2 years.

So if we had a choice between moving over to alternative sources of fuel or going veggie to avert climate change, which would we choose and why?

Reactions: LooperCat

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So if we had a choice between moving over to alternative sources of fuel or going veggie to avert climate change, which would we choose and why?
why should it be a choice when the science is wrong about going veggie to avert climate change?

This discussion is about dietary choices, not choices between fuel and food.

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That will be a lot harder to pull off in the USA,maybe,but if they do I'll be raising indoor rabbits and chickens in the garage.Indoor veggies with my own solar power,and a lot of sprouts if getting seeds are possible.Im not going along with em as long as there is some option.

Look up that 'blood' in impossible burgers,thats scary stuff,completely untested,and they are in your face that they arent testing it either.Told FDA to stuff it,its GRAS (generally regarded as safe) as a plant product, and a trade secret.And they have HUGE backing on that.You really believe they can make genetically same as 'animal blood' out of plant roots and a 'special' yeast?WAKE UP PEOPLE!

The future folks? 1984 will be a reality,its coming.I feel for them,I may be the last or second last generation to have any control over my life.
Sorry,Im not buying global warming any more than I bought into peak oil.Remember when oil ran out in 2000? Neither do I.

Also remember,the media is NOT the news.It is a propaganda forum run by a few for their visions.I take what the media says,turn it around 180 degree's and surprisingly it makes more sense than what they are dishing out.Dont be a sheep,wake up.

Agenda run rampant IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Serena51

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
why should it be a choice when the science is wrong about going veggie to avert climate change?

This discussion is about dietary choices, not choices between fuel and food.
Something has to give. So there is a choice where meat is concerned. Personally I can’t see a good reason for the paranoia on meat and climate change which is of course a large element within the opening post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Now we know why the Amazon rainforest is being deforested and planted with GMO Soy crops.
Clearing of the Amazon rain forest is partly to blame for the global warming problem, they are cutting down the lungs of the planet by doing so.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clearing of the Amazon rain forest is partly to blame for the global warming problem, they are cutting down the lungs of the planet by doing so.
Yes it is. And it's not being cleared for cattle but for GM crops. So let's stop growing the GM crops and only cut down areas that we are going to replace with new trees...as young trees are more effective as ' lungs'.

Reactions: AloeSvea

1spuds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This dietary shift they are promoting will be far worse than the high carb ever was,and look at the health crisis that has produced.This shift is going to kill people,and big time too.

The agenda is human population has to be radically decreased,Its a stated goal.See Agenda 21,its REAL.They push your emotional buttons to get you onboard with lies and you really believe that propaganda.

You are seeing how they are going to do it,its right in front of us,right now.

Reactions: jjraak

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some wise person saw fit to feed cattle on cow's brains. Perhaps they've forgotten BSE?!
And that stupid act caused some people to stop eating meat back then because they didn't trust that it was safe.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Why choose? Stop wasting food, since 30% of the food produced is wasted. Wasted food rots causing more global warming. Nothing to do with animals, we don't need to all go veggie, just stop the waste.

I have already said stop producing so many goods that we just don't need. So much energy is wasted. What I would like to happen never will happen because those in power don't care enough to do it. Or they care too much about wealth to do it. I would love to see all unnecessary flights stop. I would gladly forego my holidays if everyone else did too. Stop expecting a growth in the economy. Go for decline and less production, less wasting of the earth's resources. Make do and mend. Stop throwing things out because we want new. Painful, hard, but do we want to save the planet or not? If it's that important to halt global warming (and it is) then stop wasting fuel (whether fossil fuels or not) on unnecessary things. Yes renewable energy is a good way to go, but what we really need is to be able to store electricity more effectively. Why go to the moon and explore the rest of the solar system when what we really need is to store energy here. We are never going to get to live on another planet, we won't be around for long enough, so why bother exploring there?

Planting trees is a great idea, but not at the cost of good farmland. Have smaller fields like in the 1950s and 60s with trees around the edges. Small woods in the right areas.

Why would anyone think it was a good idea to kill off livestock when there's so much else we could do? It doesn't make any sense. Unless as @1spuds and @mr_cat have said, the real agenda is killing off humans...

I am all for averting climate change, but putting all our efforts into some wacky scheme to stop people eating meat is not going to avert climate change.

sparkyrich

I seem to recall reading that the sustainable population of this planet was 4-5 billion. We are way, way beyond that and continue to breed like rabbits. “They” are obviously aware of this, but what’s their option? Admit we’re on a downward spiral or keep on keeping on. After all, when we go off the cliff most of the current crop of politicians will be safely out of the way.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Something has to give. So there is a choice where meat is concerned. Personally I can’t see a good reason for the paranoia on meat and climate change which is of course a large element within the opening post.
hmmm what paranoia are you talking about? Are you calling me paranoid? (I'm not, they really are out to get me :))
Or are you calling the nonsense about cattle causing global warming paranoia? Just checking...

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
The reports I read today on the Issue explicitly said they are not asking people to become vegan or veggie.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The reports I read today on the Issue explicitly said they are not asking people to become vegan or veggie.
True, but when the cows are dead to make way for biofuels and GM crops what choice will people have?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
The reports are accurate in so far as again putting reduction of animal foods as the priority. We were just about to go to one of the theme parks in Disney when the report came on, I asked my 14 year old, 14 year old niece and 16 year old best friends daughter if they wanted to go vegetarian - they all declined. I told them unless something changes they may have to get used to alternatives.

I saw what Mr Beyond Burger said, certain groups are playing right into his and similar hands without even having to lift a shovel.

The science is nowhere near settled, as the experts are the "other" opinion. "We" and when I say we there are millions of like minded who in simple terms want grass fed and grass finished real food, there are no man made equivalents that stack up on bio availability and or low sugars. The 50% of animal feed "they" bundle into their maths to make a 15% agriculture hit we don't want (even though they omit these feeds are not fit for humans so are effectively waste).

Persons such as lance McDermott, Nicolette Hahn, Peter Ballerstedt and Joel Salatin have not had their public say, even though their sustainable methods have been shown to work over and over again. The soil cannot be continually tilled for their alternative inferior protein.

There is light at the end of the tunnel perhaps. Shawn Baker was able to garnish 10,000 participants to a survey within 24 hours, Gaty Fetke has also stated he and others should do similar...I can't wait for the other side to be put to the general public.

I am just a Computer guy, and have amassed stacks of credible alternative facts, I know they know, so there is 1 major agenda snuck under the guise of climate change, why else would 15% if you believe that always trump 85% (always cows shown any time this is discussed).

Reactions: zand and AloeSvea