Type one diabetes

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I am a type one diabetic in Australia I’m 20 years old and I’ve had it ever since I was 15 this is the first time I’ve thought about becoming apart of the community I have decided to for the support and to know I’m not alone or we are not alone I fight this disease everyday like everyone of you strong people out there I completely understand what you’re going through

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi and welcome aboard, lots of helpful members on here with a couple or a lot of diabetes years under their belts.
Nice to meet you @Jed.s

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey, I am a type one diabetic in Australia I’m 20 years old and I’ve had it ever since I was 15 this is the first time I’ve thought about becoming apart of the community I have decided to for the support and to know I’m not alone or we are not alone I fight this disease everyday like everyone of you strong people out there I completely understand what you’re going through

Hello friend, welcome to the squad.
You are never alone and we sail this boat together :)

Reactions: 1spuds

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Welcome, Jed.s from a fellow Australian. You've been on insulin a lot longer than I have but there are loads of experienced members here that are super cool at answering questions and solving problems. I hope you like cricket. I'm feeling outnumbered here with the Ashes test matches on at the moment.

Reactions: 1spuds and Juicyj

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jed.s . Welcome to the forum.
There are a few Aussies lurking around the forum, doing a great job of providing night cover for us pommies.:)
Nice to have a new T1 recruit to the ranks.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @Jed.s :)

Tell us more about your diabetes management and how are you finding it living with type 1 ?

Reactions: catarinagallo

Jed.s

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome @Jed.s :)

Tell us more about your diabetes management and how are you finding it living with type 1 ?

It’s so relentless diabetes is never easy I’m constantly in pain because of my blood sugars sometimes I don’t even have to have high bloods to feel like I have ketones and I’m doing my best to keep my bloods on the right number I despise people who can just eat without worrying about carbs I look at them eating a snickers bar without a card in the works but me if I wanted a treat I have to inject insulin with anything that has carbs in it but I guess that’s just what diabetes is

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Jed.s What type of pain are you getting and have you by seen by your doctor ?

Agree it’s relentless, for me the pain is where it interferes with a ‘normal’ life, so out and about and bam a hypo appears from no where, then the days when you feel like your on a roller coaster and levels are swinging high and low. What I do however is to keep challenging myself, so to exercise more, run a race, go biking, anything that takes my mind off it as that’s where I get respite from the sheer relentlessness of it.

I recommend you get a copy of ‘think like a pancreas’ written by a type 1, it’s a really useful read :)

Reactions: catarinagallo

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Not bothered by Snickers bars myself but do still dream of a baguette and Camembert as a picnic foodstuff. Working out the bolus on that would be too complicated.