Reactive Hypoglycemia What happens if we leave nocturnal hypoglycemia untreated?

ksdks95

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
A few times, I have recently had nocturnal hypoglycemia. I am afraid that one day I will not be able to react. Untreated nocturnal hypoglycemia as "standard" goes deeper?

Thanks for the answers.

Reactions: SOPHIE2006

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t know but basing this on my knowledge of A&P I guess your liver will eventually dump glucose to raise levels.

Reactions: ksdks95

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Or it will wake you up... it happened to me a few times.

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A few times, I have recently had nocturnal hypoglycemia. I am afraid that one day I will not be able to react. Untreated nocturnal hypoglycemia as "standard" goes deeper?

Thanks for the answers.

One of the strange things about reactive hypoglycaemia, sleep is good for hypos, because during deep sleep, the body does go into reset mode, a sort of default state.
This usually corrects the low blood sugar levels caused by episodes of insulin response to the carbs eaten.
You will still feel horrible symptoms and your brain will usually demand craving of carbs, hunger, brain fog and so on, this is usual hypo symptoms.
I would ask you to read the reactive hypoglycaemia forum, and how we treat the condition through dietary intake.
Reactive Hypoglycaemia is a condition caused by food that you may be intolerant to.
Avoidance is the best treatment.

Best wishes

Reactions: SOPHIE2006