My latest HbA1c results...

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diagnosed diabetic in Jan 19 with a HbA1c of 95,
April 19 HbA1c was 50
August 19 HbA1c 46 I know a lot of people have done better than me but tbh I'm over the moon. At first I struggled with food and then I've struggled with stress so I wasn't expecting a drop at all. My hard work is paying off and I'm not on any medication so I've done this all on my own.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Well done Starfish 18. I've followed your waking posts so I've seen how hard you've worked for this. You deserve a wee celebration, that's for sure.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
August 19 HbA1c 46 I know a lot of people have done better than me
I think you're mistaken. 95 to 46 in 8 months is amazing and there are not a lot of people that have done it! It's just that there are more people on this forum who have managed something like this than there are in the rest of the world.
Congratulations!

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think you're mistaken. 95 to 46 in 8 months is amazing and there are not a lot of people that have done it! It's just that there are more people on this forum who have managed something like this than there are in the rest of the world.
Congratulations!
Thank you :)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think all who follow the morning bloods thread will have shared your pain over the past few weeks. I remember when you were getting in the 4s regularly and I thought I need a "jealous" emoji as my bloods were rubbish compared to yours. Then your bloods suddenly were in the 6s and 7s and you were trying all ways to get them down. You should be justly proud of your results as @Antje77 already said getting bloods down from 95 to 46 in 8 months is a great result. Don't need the emoji bag over your head this time this one will suit you better today.
th

Very well done and congratulations.

Starfish18

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think all who follow the morning bloods thread will have shared your pain over the past few weeks. I remember when you were getting in the 4s regularly and I thought I need a "jealous" emoji as my bloods were rubbish compared to yours. Then your bloods suddenly were in the 6s and 7s and you were trying all ways to get them down. You should be justly proud of your results as @Antje77 already said getting bloods down from 95 to 46 in 8 months is a great result. Don't need the emoji bag over your head this time this one will suit you better today.
th

Very well done and congratulations.
Thank you so much. It can be hard work ar times can't it. On wards and downwards for us both

Reactions: Prem51

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much. It can be hard work ar times can't it. On wards and downwards for us both

You're telling me but that feeling you have when you get a good blood result money cannot buy. Now just need to keep it that way or better. Hope your docs pleased.

Reactions: Prem51