Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is this for an email? I'm not asking for an extension because they won't allow it. I'm not using my diabetes as an excuse either because they are aware of it. But my inner fear is like this is your 3rd attempt, so 3 strikes and you're out.
Dear xxxx
I am aware that my submission deadline was the 9th August. I am still working on the coursework and I am striving to have them completed shortly. I do apologise for missing the deadline, I hope you will still consider my submissions.
Kind regards,

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Ugh! It's my full day and boss is going on his hols later this week so he's jumping about like a blue bleeped fly. Painful for the rest of us. But - the reward is, I'll get a chance to tackle the boring but essential jobs while he's away.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke with blood sugar around 6. Remember some weird dreams from last night, must have eaten plenty of B6 yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Yep - I woke up on 5.2 - deeply surprised (I ate too much dark chocolate last night ... and then guessed at the insulin).... but yay!!! for the result.

Reactions: Marie 2

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm a huge MM fan. It woke me at 11.30 pm, telling me I was 4.3 and going lower. I ate two orange mini jelly beans, went back to sleep and woke to 4.9 this morning with a flat line overnight. I couldn't have done this without a lot of checking overnight, which I've been faithfully doing. I'm now finally sleeping like a baby.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Grandsons usual Tuesday at Nana and Pops. Message just arrived to say they will be a bit later as he slept in!! He’s 2! I’ve been awake since 5:30am. I need to know his secret. Happy Tuesday!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning Tuesday diabuddies, no single figures for me this morning, just on 10.
Whatever you're doing have a great day :)

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The weird thing is, If I was as half smart as my bf, I don't think I would have went for the sciences, maths or engineering subjects. I would still stick to the painful humanities subjects. :hilarious::hilarious: Although bioengineering, chemical engineering and marine biology all sound very interesting but the job market for those jobs is very slim.

You are at university and that is something, so well done :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sunny morning all
Big thumbs up @becca59 definitely, top banana
I love dogs but am sure even 7 little ones would be too much for me.
The Royal Academy was an eye fest, an amazing collection of works with prices that made my eyes water. I didn't buy anything naturally.

Today someone is coming to fix my hot water, very weird goings on the boiler bit, I'm really lucky they're coming so quickly. It's a little family firm and they're great.

BG just within range and am happily surprised because I had a choccy Hobnob before bed!!
Have a nice day

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
YAAAAWWWWN Cheers @Knikki :bag::bag: 3 yawns on the trot

Morning all woke to a 9 this morning. Sun is shinning, my brother (the boss) is on hols today and not much booked in, so a pretty easy day. I have a urology appt this afternoon, lets see if my kidneys are still at 21%

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sitting on a train with my glad rags on en route to a 4 hour meeting and presentation.
I think I am prepared (despite @Antje77 attempt to distract me with dogs): my dress was ironed, my faux leather jacket was clean, my legs are de-fuzzed and fake-tanned (but not too much), my hair is respectable, my eyelashes are tinted, my pump is discrete, my smart shoes are in my bag (and comfy shoes fit in the bag), my phone and tablet are charged (with extra power in my bag), my presentations are written and I have three options to share, ...
I wish I was a bloke who could drag his wedding/funeral/interview/important meeting suit out of the wardrobe and chuck my pump in my trouser pocket.
At least the sun is shining. I have no space in my bag for shoes and brolly.

Have a great day and wish me luck.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be great.

Reactions: Kim Possible

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a great day and wish me luck.
Good luck! And one last little distraction for you :)
They are rather small dogs too (all family of the one in my neck in my profile pic), so there's still room for me, although we'll have to see how much room for me there will be in my bed tonight.

Fits easily and we all slept very well :)
68521635_10218248172390072_9122361509928763392_n.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I start with my avatar and comparing myself to Kim Possible.
I hope they don’t think i’m a bit to quirky especially with the pink hair.

Not at all. Times have changed, quirkyness (is that a word) is good

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I start with my avatar and comparing myself to Kim Possible.
I hope they don’t think i’m a bit to quirky especially with the pink hair.
Knock them dead. Well, not literally.