Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sitting on a train with my glad rags on en route to a 4 hour meeting and presentation.
I think I am prepared (despite @Antje77 attempt to distract me with dogs): my dress was ironed, my faux leather jacket was clean, my legs are de-fuzzed and fake-tanned (but not too much), my hair is respectable, my eyelashes are tinted, my pump is discrete, my smart shoes are in my bag (and comfy shoes fit in the bag), my phone and tablet are charged (with extra power in my bag), my presentations are written and I have three options to share, ...
I wish I was a bloke who could drag his wedding/funeral/interview/important meeting suit out of the wardrobe and chuck my pump in my trouser pocket.
At least the sun is shining. I have no space in my bag for shoes and brolly.

Have a great day and wish me luck.

Good luck! They’ll all be stunned! Couldn’t resist an alternative to the dogs tho

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sitting on a train with my glad rags on en route to a 4 hour meeting and presentation.
I think I am prepared (despite @Antje77 attempt to distract me with dogs): my dress was ironed, my faux leather jacket was clean, my legs are de-fuzzed and fake-tanned (but not too much), my hair is respectable, my eyelashes are tinted, my pump is discrete, my smart shoes are in my bag (and comfy shoes fit in the bag), my phone and tablet are charged (with extra power in my bag), my presentations are written and I have three options to share, ...
I wish I was a bloke who could drag his wedding/funeral/interview/important meeting suit out of the wardrobe and chuck my pump in my trouser pocket.
At least the sun is shining. I have no space in my bag for shoes and brolly.

Have a great day and wish me luck.
good luck helen hope all goes well with your presentation :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Cheese addiction. I'm at the gym and away from my usual cheese supplies. I desperately want cheese, so-much-so that the chairs even have begun to look like large blocks of cheese. This may just well be the reason I'm not losing my weight bounce, methinks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Daryl Hannah sort of pulled it off ? :)

image.jpeg

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Just have finished the most amazing cheese salad as a second lunch, topped off by jarlsberg cheese for dessert. I've read that craving foods usual means you're deficient in something. I'm deficient in insulin. I wonder if that's what they mean?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
WElcome @Marcus0001

I am skiving for five minutes and am not really here..... *nothing to see here, move along .......these aren't the spreadsheets you're looking for ......*

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
That is so not fair. I am stuck in the office and I don't want to do anything more. I have done lots and lots and lots today. Now I want to do not lots.

Reactions: ert

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’m sitting with a cup of tea and telling myself I should really get up and finish scrubbing the grout in the bathroom. Not an attractive prospect, I’d rather be having a nap. I fear younger daughter’s fridge was too cold for my Levemir, running too high with lots of corrections since that cartridge emerged. Might run (well amble) away to the pub.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Cheese addiction. I'm at the gym and away from my usual cheese supplies. I desperately want cheese, so-much-so that the chairs even have begun to look like large blocks of cheese. This may just well be the reason I'm not losing my weight bounce, methinks.
@ert I often get the same uncontrollable desire for soup, any soup, just give me soup. Hot or cold, need soup

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just have finished the most amazing cheese salad as a second lunch, topped off by jarlsberg cheese for dessert. I've read that craving foods usual means you're deficient in something. I'm deficient in insulin. I wonder if that's what they mean?
Try St Marcellin @ert

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So annoying if you want to try something new and they don't have half what's on your shopping list. I compensated by angrily using the whole 250 ml of créme fraiche (or whatever it's called in English. It's the thick sour one with 30% fat) instead of 2 tablespoons.
So while it doesn't resemble my original plans at all, it tastes wonderful :hungry:
Sometimes acting in anger makes you do exactly the right thing :D