want to gain weight

shruti.solanki

25 yrs old diagnosed with type-2 diabetes mellitus...i m lossing weight instead of steady sugar levels...worrying about my weight loss..i m on combination tablet metformin+vildagliptin
tablet-saroglitzar
tab-acarbose

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
25 yrs old diagnosed with type-2 diabetes mellitus...i m lossing weight instead of steady sugar levels...worrying about my weight loss..i m on combination tablet metformin+vildagliptin
tablet-saroglitzar
tab-acarbose
What are you eating at the moment? What does a typical day look like?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Perhaps you may need a c-peptide level checked and GAD antibodies to confirm your diagnosis is type 2 and not another type like type 1 or LADA etc, or have you had it confirmed?

Increasing protein and or fat content to replace carbs is often the path for people with Type 2 needing to gain weight. Assuming they are not suffering from any form of insulin deficiency.

It would also help to know what your diet is like?

shruti.solanki

Perhaps you may need a c-peptide level checked and GAD antibodies to confirm your diagnosis is type 2 and not another type like type 1 or LADA etc, or have you had it confirmed?

Increasing protein and or fat content to replace carbs is often the path for people with Type 2 needing to gain weight. Assuming they are not suffering from any form of insulin deficiency.

It would also help to know what your diet is like?
my c-peptide are under normal range and gad antibody are negative

Reactions: Tophat1900

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
my c-peptide are under normal range and gad antibody are negative
Hi. I'm guessing but you could be very early stage LADA where the C-peptide is just within range and the GAD test being negative doesn't confirm not LADA as viruses etc can cause beta cell failure. I had a similar profile which progressed. Keep testing and ask for more frequent HBA1c tests

Reactions: Tophat1900

shruti.solanki

Hi. I'm guessing but you could be very early stage LADA where the C-peptide is just within range and the GAD test being negative doesn't confirm not LADA as viruses etc can cause beta cell failure. I had a similar profile which progressed. Keep testing and ask for more frequent HBA1c tests
first of all..i was on insulin for 2 months then i shifted on tablets...my dr told that i have( flatbush type-2 )..in which symptoms are like type-1 but actually it is type-2..

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
first of all..i was on insulin for 2 months then i shifted on tablets...my dr told that i have( flatbush type-2 )..in which symptoms are like type-1 but actually it is type-2..

Were things better on insulin?

Flatbush as far as I know isn't your typical type 2 situation.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @shruti.solanki What are your blood glucose levels like during the day ?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i m on low to moderate carb with moderate protein...exctually i m resident dr living in hostel...so very difficult to follow strict diet plan
That does complicate things, not being able to take care of your own meals... :( And if Flatbush, I've got nuttin', sorry... Know too little about it to give proper advice.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is scary. Did you try any alternatives?

M

Member496333

Cacao butter is an efficient way of packing in a LOT of extra calories without really impacting glucose concentration. Melt the butter, mix in raw cocoa powder to a dark brown/black concentration, pour into moulds and allow to set in the refrigerator. Bingo. Delicious "fat b******" chocolates. Around 900 calories per 100g and very low carb. I've made a few batches in the past to use as fat bombs. Easy to overeat them when accompanied with creamy coffee.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your doctor may be correct but don't count on it as far too many GPs just guess or don't have enough knowledge to draw on. Keep an eye on the HBA1c and meter tests and take it from there.

Mal S

tablet-saroglitzar
tab-acarbose
Shruti I was on metformin from January of this year until this week. I lost 3 stone and look skeletal. Dr took me off it for that reason on Monday and put me on Gliclazide...horrible with hypos that scared the life out of me. I've now stopped taking it as from today. I was diagnosed prediabetic in December of last year. Gliclazide shouldnt be given to Non diabetics hence the awful hypos. I found out that information myself as I was so scared. I'm now going to try to reverse the prediabetis with exercise and high calorie/low carb food. I know it can't be cured as such but I can try to stop it getting any worse. My fasting nos are usually 4.3. My a1c test in July said 45%..prediabetic. Before Metformin it was 46% so still not quite diabetic t2. I would have stayed on Metformin if it wasn't for the weight loss as I felt fine on it. It may be worth letting your dr know about the weight loss. Some drs dont believe Metformin can do this to us. I hope it all gets sorted out for you.

shruti.solanki

Shruti I was on metformin from January of this year until this week. I lost 3 stone and look skeletal. Dr took me off it for that reason on Monday and put me on Gliclazide...horrible with hypos that scared the life out of me. I've now stopped taking it as from today. I was diagnosed prediabetic in December of last year. Gliclazide shouldnt be given to Non diabetics hence the awful hypos. I found out that information myself as I was so scared. I'm now going to try to reverse the prediabetis with exercise and high calorie/low carb food. I know it can't be cured as such but I can try to stop it getting any worse. My fasting nos are usually 4.3. My a1c test in July said 45%..prediabetic. Before Metformin it was 46% so still not quite diabetic t2. I would have stayed on Metformin if it wasn't for the weight loss as I felt fine on it. It may be worth letting your dr know about the weight loss. Some drs dont believe Metformin can do this to us. I hope it all gets sorted out for you.
thank u soo much for reply..i will talk to my dr about my weight loss...

shruti.solanki

Were things better on insulin?

Flatbush as far as I know isn't your typical type 2 situation.
i was on both insulin and tablets for one month in that i was hypo then dr suggested to stop insulin...so currently i m only on tablets..but i m loosing weight️instead of steady sugar levels

shruti.solanki

Cacao butter is an efficient way of packing in a LOT of extra calories without really impacting glucose concentration. Melt the butter, mix in raw cocoa powder to a dark brown/black concentration, pour into moulds and allow to set in the refrigerator. Bingo. Delicious "fat b******" chocolates. Around 900 calories per 100g and very low carb. I've made a few batches in the past to use as fat bombs. Easy to overeat them when accompanied with creamy coffee.
thank u so much for this reciepe..i will try