Type 1'stars R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
8.5? Wot?? I knew that third beer wasn't very wise, but I did inject for it (remember, we're an hour ahead of you...). There's no reason at all to be over 7 really.
I guess dinner (Supper? Tea? You guys name your meals very mysteriously) has to wait a bit until I at least know what way I'm heading. Injected one and a half hour ago. Maybe just do a rage bolus and eat when I drop, subtracting (part of) the rage bolus from dinner bolus, as cooking is only putting a plate in the microwave for 3.5 minutes.

@hh1 , that sleeping puppy on your (?) chest makes up for for it! She's perfect!

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Ah, Becca, I’ve signed in via the website, not the app, where I couldn’t see the + sign at all.
Here goes
99912575-7A66-481C-A620-B304725BB4FA.jpeg
It’s worked! I chose at random, just to test. It speaks for itself: cheeky squirrel in the bedroom window bird feeder.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, Becca, I’ve signed in via the website, not the app, where I couldn’t see the + sign at all.
Here goes
View attachment 35090
It’s worked! I chose at random, just to test. It speaks for itself: cheeky squirrel in the bedroom window bird feeder.
What a lovely picture!
And I never considered the forum app when trying to help you out. I've never used it, and from what I understand the website has more possibilities than the app.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
What a lovely picture!
And I never considered the forum app when trying to help you out. I've never used it, and from what I understand the website has more possibilities than the app.
Oh it does, from the range of likes etc to lists and the like. Note to self, just don’t get carried away now like a non T1 kid in a sweet shop and bore them all to dka

Reactions: porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve got used to the app. Shame it doesn’t have the extras there are on the website.
Funny thing is, I mainly use the website on my pc, but sometimes I use my phone, when away from home or in bed but not wanting to sleep, and the website doesn't function exactly the same, despite using the browser (google chrome on both devices)

Reactions: porl69

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Was at DAFNE day one today and I'm feeling disheartened already. I was given a carb ratio of 0.5: 20 grams which doesn't fit what I've been eating. They didn't listen to what I'm been doing. So my egg-cheese salad, they calculated I needed 0.5 units of fast-acting, for 20 grams of carbs they calculated from only fast-acting carbs, and my calculation was 6 units from 65 grams of carbs, including all carbs, and half for protein. What's a girl to do? I'm supposed to bring my diary tomorrow. The real diary looks like lunch [3.5 + 2.5 Fiasp] for 6.5 CP's and dinner [2 + 1.5 Fiasp] 3.5 CP's. So I ignored their suggestion because I knew it would send me sky-high, which they said shouldn't be something to worry about, but it's not for me. Am I taking someone's, who is more worthy than me, place on this course? At least I know what a CP is and how to calculate it now.
I'm thinking of just giving them the numbers they want to see.
I don't get why I'm not fitting into their mould. I'm not insulin resistant. I am really sensitive to carbs and am having a high protein meal. I need to do some research.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 . An absolute winner.
Usually a “ Top Banana “ award is only for fellow type 1’s........BUT......... what the heck. No reason why a puppy can’t be awarded a “ Top Banana , “ especially if it has found its way into the heart of our little diabetic community.:):):)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 . An absolute winner.
Usually a “ Top Banana “ award is only for fellow type 1’s........BUT......... what the heck. No reason why a puppy can’t be awarded a “ Top Banana , “ especially if it has found its way into the heart of our little diabetic community.:):):)
Agree! You have an official top banana puppy, and may she live a long, happy and healthy life without diabetes or other ailments :)

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Years ago, I found this to be very helpful. It's a free sign up and you can list everyone's birthday, anniversary etc and it will send you reminders via e-mail. One of the other things that's nice is it has a message paste that you send to your friends asking them to enter their birthdays. But you don't have to pay anything to use it, because of course they hope you do eventually sign up!

No junk mail etc from it. You have the option of signing up for a paid membership if you want use their cards.

https://birthdayalarm.com/

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Was at DAFNE day one today and I'm feeling disheartened already. I was given a carb ratio of 0.5: 20 grams which doesn't fit what I've been eating. They didn't listen to what I'm been doing. So my egg-cheese salad, they calculated I needed 0.5 units of fast-acting, for 20 grams of carbs they calculated from only fast-acting carbs, and my calculation was 6 units from 65 grams of carbs, including all carbs, and half for protein. What's a girl to do? I'm supposed to bring my diary tomorrow. The real diary looks like lunch [3.5 + 2.5 Fiasp] for 6.5 CP's and dinner [2 + 1.5 Fiasp] 3.5 CP's. So I ignored their suggestion because I knew it would send me sky-high, which they said shouldn't be something to worry about, but it's not for me. Am I taking someone's, who is more worthy than me, place on this course? At least I know what a CP is and how to calculate it now.
I'm thinking of just giving them the numbers they want to see.
I don't get why I'm not fitting into their mould. I'm not insulin resistant. I am really sensitive to carbs and am having a high protein meal. I need to do some research.

Give them the real figures. They will see your carb ratio is wrong and correct it for you. Dont give them false figures as it wont do any good at all.

Reactions: MeiChanski

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Give them the real figures. They will see your carb ratio is wrong and correct it for you. Dont give them false figures as it wont do any good at all.

Have to agree with @porl69 even if you know the figures are wrong, by going by what they have suggested this will highlight that the ratio is incorrect and will be adjusted

When I went on my DAFNE course, they initially told me to do 1:10 for all meals. I was normally 1:4 for breakfast and 1:5 for other meals. After a few days of highs on the 1:10 this was adjusted down to 1:6 on last day I went back for a follow up session for an hour a week later showed them my diary and this also proved that 1:6 was wrong most of time. I explained that I had went back to origial ratios after a few days on 1:6 and my figures were better, which they agreed

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, a bit of an extremely early morning. I crashed a few hours after the interview so I slept like a baby. To my horror my diabetes was sky high, I have no idea why - 15.7 so I’m waiting for it to come down. I think the lady days are coming.

Reactions: karen8967