What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 5.9 this morning. KittenCat fed, coffee drunk, new anti-anxiety pill swallowed. And so back to bed ...
t2248.gif

@trick60 : a little advice from Detective Danny of "Blue Bloods" re: grocery shopping: Don't forget the coupons, and if they're out of the rain-scented detergent, you can always get the bacon-scented one.
t6006.gif
t6013.gif
t6008.gif
Great start to the day. Your numbers seem to be in a happy place lately. So pleased for you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey @SaskiaKC great FBG and note the KC gets tended before anything else on rising..:cat: hope the new meds are agreeable. Its suddenly turned chilly here a bit of a shock and Bobs & Daisy are glad of their coats for the first time in months! I’ve just changed into jeans and a jumper (sweater).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need your help please my friends. I have a room at my surgery next Wednesday. For fellow diabetics. I'm putting together a form with questions. To put pts at ease. To find out what their concerns are, how they are feeling, how I can help etc.

Probably put together about 20 or so questions.

If you were going to a similar meeeting what questions would you appreciate being asked?

If you have a minute it would help so much. Thank you.

Deb :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need your help please my friends. I have a room at my surgery next Wednesday. For fellow diabetics. I'm putting together a form with questions. To put pts at ease. To find out what their concerns are, how they are feeling, how I can help etc.

If you were going to a similar meeeting what questions would you appreciate being asked?

I am thinking about when I was first diagnosed @Debandez
I asked "Would I be on Metformn for the rest of my life?", because my diabetic nurse said I would always have to take it, and if it didn't work I would have to have more meds, and that my diabetes could never improve, it wouldn't get better. My dietician said the same.

I really would have appreciated at the time knowing that it could be possible to go into remission, OR at the very least be able to improve my blood sugars (which I am in the process of doing). Because I came away with a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness.

I can't think of wording exactly, but a question that deals with that it can be improved etc.

Hope this is okay

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am thinking about when I was first diagnosed @Debandez
I asked "Would I be on Metformn for the rest of my life?", because my diabetic nurse said I would always have to take it, and if it didn't work I would have to have more meds, and that my diabetes could never improve, it wouldn't get better. My dietician said the same.

I really would have appreciated at the time knowing that it could be possible to go into remission, OR at the very least be able to improve my blood sugars (which I am in the process of doing). Because I came away with a feeling of hopelessness and helplessness.

I can't think of wording exactly, but a question that deals with that it can be improved etc.

Hope this is okay
That is just what I'm looking for! Thank you so much!!! Brilliant x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I would hope they would not be self-conscious or embarrassed about asking any or all questions that concern them. You will be in the fortunate position of not needing to be a walking repository of medical information but can answer from your own personal experience.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early possibly for work in London...just had a text to say work is cancelled can't say I'm sorry...a quick coffee then likely back off to bed...woke to a 5.9

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not in love.. And the Pena colada song.."if you like Pena colada, getting caught in the rain..'

Gosh that takes me back! I don’t think anyone in my neighbourhood had heard of pina colada until that song.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning, still higher than I’d like but better than yesterday’s inexplicable 6.8. Didn’t manage to post yesterday, but I’ll have to catch up later. For now I have a Dennis to walk then off to the Muddy 5k Race for Life. My start time is 11:45 but we need to get there early to pick up our numbers and do the group warm up first ( I’ll probably be knackered after that, before the race even starts!)
Good luck with your competition today @johnpol