What are alternative treatments for diabetes?

M

Member496333

To further an agenda? Or am I being a little harsh?

I’m reasonably certain that a lot of this kind of stuff is posted by robots whose purpose is to obfuscate the truth and exert influence over the less informed. Facebook and the like is probably littered with it.

(internet bots, not R2D2 lookalikes)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jjraak and Guzzler

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Credit where credit is due.... the advice that supplements can interact with medicines is sound and so to the recommendation to speak to your doctor before starting any new treatment is also good. The rest appears to be opinion backed by???

Ah but when there are good things mixed in with bad, your average person doesn't know which bits to pick out! Step forward, the eatwell plate!

Reactions: Guzzler

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Ah but when there are good things mixed in with bad, your average person doesn't know which bits to pick out! Step forward, the eatwell plate!

Yep, but I think the main thrust to is push whole plant and no meat... at least that's what I go out of it.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yep..
.. When it's a blatent lie people see through it.
When you add just enough truth, it makes the lie seem less obvious and more believable. AND it makes the reader question what is true... So a win/win for any propoganda team, what ever their background is.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, but I think the main thrust to is push whole plant and no meat... at least that's what I go out of it.

Hi guys,

Been following this thread.. (Well, the ensuing comments since reading the OP.)
From what I can make of this.. It stems from the same old "cut the animal fats cus that's what gains the weight" dated misconception..

I’m reasonably certain that a lot of this kind of stuff is posted by robots whose purpose is to obfuscate the truth and exert influence over the less informed. Facebook and the like is probably littered with it.

Hi, nah... Just someone with aspirations of a "lifestyle coach." I would agree with @ziggy_w that is a mash up of the general "info" bandied about on the net..
The "original" sources author/s may not be too happy regarding the plagiarising of thier "work." ;)

Reactions: Tophat1900

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi guys,

Been following this thread.. (Well, the ensuing comments since reading the OP.)
From what I can make of this.. It stems from the same old "cut the animal fats cus that's what gains the weight" dated misconception..

Hi, nah... Just someone with aspirations of a "lifestyle coach." I would agree with @ziggy_w that is a mash up of the general "info" bandied about on the net..
The "original" sources author/s may not be too happy regarding the plagiarising of thier "work." ;)

Oh.. Fits the old saying.
"Them as can... DO
Them as can't..TEACH"..;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh.. Fits the old saying.
"Them as can... DO
Them as can't..TEACH"..;)

Hi,

I would concur that the initial post doesn't come across as first hand personal experience, leading to a "success story."

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

Well, I'm so disappointed you had to clarify the type of robot.... here I was picturing R2D2 plugging himself into one of the rebel computer ports in a galaxy far far away just to send out bad diet advice.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, I'm so disappointed you had to clarify the type of robot.... here I was picturing R2D2 plugging himself into one of the rebel computer ports in a galaxy far far away just to send out bad diet advice.

This was also a "long time ago..."

Probably taking advice (with more design flaws than the "Death star") from Alderaan places...

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
This was also a "long time ago..."

Probably taking advice (with more design flaws than the "Death star") from Alderaan places...

It's a pity we don't have a creative funny button! :D

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a pity we don't have a creative funny button! :D

It is.. However, if there turns out to be a boosted incohesive post count with additional dodgy links?

There is a "report" button..

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

The content of the OP has been deleted, for plagiarism.
See the links in #20 supplied by @ziggy_w if you want to see the texts in their original (unplagiarised) locations.

The mod team are hoping that this serves as a timely reminder to people to supply references when they quote someone else's work.

Reactions: Antje77 and Jaylee

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi all,

It seems that the OP @Robert81 just cut and pasted information from other sites on the internet. This is probably why it does sound a bit presumptive.

Wonder, though, why anyone would do this?

Below are the original sources of the first few paragraphs:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases...tes/in-depth/diabetes-prevention/art-20047639
https://www.healthline.com/health/diabetes-alternative-treatments
I said before, I think some posters are grenade launchers. The same type who thumbs down a benign YouTube post that harms no one. If I am wrong in this instance, I will apologise to the OP. Silence or otherwise I think will show the direction of travel.

Reactions: StuartFP and jjraak