ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
The mystery surrounding @knikki ? Well let’s hope he has found pastures new and hasn’t fallen foul of DCUK.
It would be a travesty to let go such a godsend to this forum.
50yrs plus a type 1 diabetic. You can’t buy that experience! You could buy a heavily edited book with snippets of the experience this guy had, but with Knikki it’s free and he has no financial gains in mind.
Not someone who made lifestyle changes and achieved better results. No, type 1 is his lifestyle and always has been.
Infancy, childhood, adolescence, adulthood and soon to be pensioner:). This guy has done it all. Not with tablets and dietary changes. Oh no this was done with a wonder drug, a life saving drug a drug so good it’s got the capacity to put you in a coma within hours. Living every day of your life dealing with what this drug offers is no mean feat. Let’s hope all that wisdom and knowledge is not lost to those newbies and the parents of those babies and kids who are struggling to believe they haven’t been handed a death sentence. This guy proves anything and everything is possible and you can still eat Jaffa cakes.
The forum needs people who can bring so much real life living with and understanding type 1 diabetes.
If the axe has fallen on Knikki like it has on others then we, the forum, should be ashamed. It’s our forum and we need our friends.
I also miss @knikki.

Reactions: therower and porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
A sudden ban with no explanation has robbed us not just of a valued and experienced forum member, but we have no way of making contact with our friend now. So by punishing @knikki, we, his friends, have been punished too. Sad to see someone who was only a few months ago being nominated as a moderator to be just binned like he appears to have been.

Last edited:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Does anyone know if I must and absolutely use the blood meter that comes with the insulin pump? I know the contour next linked is connected with the pump in some way
I have the 640G and use the contour next link with it. You can use a different meter and manually enter the BG into it

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been out for the first time today (it has been silly busy).
It smells as if someone has been muck spreading in the local fields. However, there are no local fields so I have no idea where the stink came from.
I always blame the dog, even when it's not around!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Highly entertaining day on the diabetes front! Me and Young Vampire had matching numbers at lunchtime, which made me giggle if nothing else. It also appears Young Vampire is happy to inject in from of us and makes sure we see it all, but was less enthusiastic about me doing mine whilst I was waiting patiently for the packing up of the kit. (It's not a quick process.) Judging by the rapid covering of eyes, hiding of the head under a cushion. and the abject whimpering in the corner until I cheerfully announced it was all over.

Then, my Unofficial Trainee Colleagues decided my tiredness and general lack of concentration after the students had left had something to do with my diabetes and were keen to test to check if this were the case - I think they were actually quite disappointed I was a respectable 6.8 and therefore just genuinely tired and lacking in concentration. Though, the entire scene was watched with some alarm by our area's manager who hadn't quite realised how I was providing unofficial training.

I will admit, I'm looking forward to a lazy-ish weekend, if at all possible!

Reactions: Kim Possible

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to nominate tomorrow as Rage Blouse Day in memory of absent friends.
Friday 13th seems an appropriate date.

So, get your best batwing sleeved, bow collared, Versace print, silk blouse out of the wardrobe in preparation.
Is my zombie look not enough (from lack of sleep) ? :')

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I would like to nominate tomorrow as Rage Blouse Day in memory of absent friends.
Friday 13th seems an appropriate date.

So, get your best batwing sleeved, bow collared, Versace print, silk blouse out of the wardrobe in preparation.
I'll try my best, but I will be hauling the planks for my new living room floor tomorrow so I expect some rage carbing up will be more likely. But with any luck that will result in some rage blousing and repeat, so who knows!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Am I the only person thinking of a flying special edition chocolate biscuit causing your scarring?
I remember orange club biscuits, fruit (purple) club biscuits, mint (green) club biscuits and plain (blue) club biscuits. So I assume the gold ones were special edition.

I buy the green Club biscuits for my daughter.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been out for the first time today (it has been silly busy).
It smells as if someone has been muck spreading in the local fields. However, there are no local fields so I have no idea where the stink came from.

How interesting.. I came out of work this afternoon on a trading estate on the edge of the city.
A few of the guys in the car park complained of that smell..
I was brought up in a village. Don't mind the smell of cow shed...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A sudden ban with no explanation has robbed us not just of a valued and experienced forum member, but we have no way of making contact with our friend now. So by punishing @knikki, we, his friends, have been punished too. Sad to see someone who was only a few months ago being nominated as a moderator to be just binned like he appears to have been.
Do we know that's what actually happened?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How interesting.. I came out of work this afternoon on a trading estate on the edge of the city.
A few of the guys in the car park complained of that smell..
I was brought up in a village. Don't mind the smell of cow shed...
Same here. Deeply unpleasant not normal country smell. Get a lot of cow smells here in the middle of dairy country, but this wasn't that.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Out of curiosity I thought @knikki went somewhere. He isn’t that naughty to be banned. If he is, then I’m quite shocked. I just thought he went away somewhere, I remember he was talking about jaffa cakes before disappearing.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What batteries does everyone recommend for their pump? rechargeable batteries, alkaline batteries or lithium batteries?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning guys, TGIF and I wish you all a very pleasant Friday :)
The next few days looks really nice, Mr sun is going to be out and about, so, I will be too tomorrow :) London or the coast :happy:

Reactions: karen8967 and hh1