You can eat your normal diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not decrying it but as 1 cup of cooked rice is about 45 grams of carbs then you must eat an awful lot of green vegetables
I take 3 meals a day. That means the total carbs consumed per day is 3x45=135g carbs according to you. But l estimate that my daily diet is 120g per day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah - so three cups of rice not one.

achyut1939

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Can I ask what complications you have now ?
I am 80 years old. I am having type 2 diabetes from 30 years. I take 30/70 premixed insulin 40 units before breakfast and 20 units before dinner. I do not have any diabetes complications till now.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do we have a scratching of head emoticon / smiley?

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are a type 2 diabetic, you can eat your normal daily diet, which you are accustomed. It is not necessary to eat LCHF diet. However, you should control the portion size of your diet to less than 120 carbs per day, and take insulin/medicines of required dosage. This is my personal opinion only. I am 80 years old. I am having type 2 diabetes from 30 years. I eat cooked rice-vegetable diet every day limiting it to 120 carbs per day. I take 30/70 premixed insulin 40 units before breakfast, and 20 units before dinner. My bg levels are under control, except for occasional hypers, and hypos. My fbg varies from 70 mg/dl to 110 mg/dl. My ppbg varies from 140 mg/dl to 250 mg/dl. The high ppbg level gets reduced to near fbg level in about 12 hours. I do not have any diabetic complications till now. I would like to invite the opinion/comments of the other members on this.
Good for you that you are comfortable with thought of taking medicine and living life with positive attitude. I can't live with the same thought. When my body isn't able to process something I won't torture it by giving same food and make it process it by taking extra medicines. There is no reason to do that. Sometimes you slip its fine. But I would never do this to my body.

Reactions: jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All, the OP has repeatedly provided information which is still being requested.

While there are some interesting discussions on here about different approaches to managing type 2 through various combinations of diet and medication, please can we keep to those discussions rather than nit-picking about the use of language.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Robinredbreast
The OP has stated, several times, both on this thread and others, that he now has gastropareisis but has previously been complication free.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
All, the OP has repeatedly provided information which is still being requested.

While there are some interesting discussions on here about different approaches to managing type 2 through various combinations of diet and medication, please can we keep to those discussions rather than nit-picking about the use of language.

Fair enough, but asking politely about something which is rather confusing, is not nit picking, but if you genuinely feel that, then I will delete my responses to the the Op as I wouldn't want to be unkind or disrespectful.

Status
Not open for further replies.