What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to enjoy mowing our lawn. Part of the joy was being out in the sunshine helping my dad with the work -- hedge-clipping, lawn-mowing, edge-trimming, and part was the feel of the sun and the wonderful fragrance of new-mown grass and hedge clippings, and the refreshing chill of tall glasses of iced tea on the backs of our necks and down our throats.

t6008.gif
t6008.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after five days of puppy sitting I am exhausted...Frankie is fun engaging & full of life nonetheless he is exhausting 'Daddy' is coming to collect him this morning...what will I do without him? there will be no one to protect me from the postman...the leaves blowing in the garden...the poor cat trying to sneak into his regular sleeping spot...my neighbour opening his front door...the Amazon delivery...he is small but barks ferociously at all of them ooh the list is endless...bless him...looking forward to my own bed tonight & not sharing it with the 'foot monster' who seizes on any movement at bedtime (my poor feet)...coffee is so very welcome & more to follow...woke to a 6.2

I'm picturing Frankie and Dennis together. :D

BTW where is @DJC3 these days, I wonder? People come and go but rarely talk of Michelangelo ...

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm picturing Frankie and Dennis together. :D
I was wondering where she was...possibly busy with the family & Dennis?...honestly Frankie is so sweet but a full time commitment I am thinking about getting a dog at some point in the new year but not sure I have the stamina for a puppy Saskia...maybe a rescue one but not rushing into it...Frankie's dad came to pick him up...he got so excited...I do miss him meanwhile Churchill is relieved to have his house back to himself.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 35780 Just taken a photo of my thatched swing.
It is heavy wood, comfortable, and massive.
J bought it when I moved here in beginning of 2000's.
It had a beautiful waterproof reed thatch, but the high sea winds wrecked that.
I couldn't remotely afford to repair it professionally, it was in the hundreds...
It had been waterproof underneath, so I covered the wrecked thatch in tarpaulin £6 from Lidl) about 6 years ago, and to make it more beautiful and to give an impression of thatch on top of it, I used that heather screening (about £20) you buy from garden centres.

So, this is my beautiful thatched swing :)
It doubles as an eating place, an office as well (my WiFi is mobile!).
I watch the wildlife.
I watch and identify aeroplanes and helicopters (and private ones), and the airbus almost daily that takes off from the factory near me.
Heaven....

Popeye is asleep on the far end, you can see his white nose.
You may just make out my two red dragons...
My garden is an amazing, magical, mysterious place...
Love this, marvellous space.

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was wondering where she was...possibly busy with the family & Dennis?...honestly Frankie is so sweet but a full time commitment I am thinking about getting a dog at some point in the new year but not sure I have the stamina for a puppy Saskia...maybe a rescue one but not rushing into it...Frankie's dad came to pick him up...he got so excited...I do miss him meanwhile Churchill is relieved to have his house back to himself.

I didn't have the stamina for a puppy when I was 20-something! :) So with the help of a kindly cat-loving friend and two co-workers who just happened to have litters of kittens ready to be weaned, I was converted. I still love dogs too, but I wouldn't want to dog-sit even for a day. You are a really, REALLY good friend! :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but I wouldn't want to dog-sit even for a day.
I love dogs Saskia...I had two dogs & two cats at one point & of course I am missing 'Plumpy' so it was good to have Frankie here...as I get older I don't have the patience or stamina for a puppy so five days was a reasonable spell to manage...and my friends who have two young children work so hard they hadn't had time away just the two of them for years...so it was worth the effort.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey I’m home! @SaskiaKC and @Bubbsie I PM’d (well I would lol) @DJC3 and she has repetitive strain type injury in her shoulder (she mentioned it recently) and even texting is causing pain so she is just listening in for now. Wishing you a speedy recovery @DJC3 and sending hugs. I loved reading about Frankie and his exuberance. @gennepher your garden swing is beautiful..so glad for you and Popeye to have such a nice relaxing place! Excited to b picking up Bobs and Daisy early tomo.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum -- I just heard the KittenCat outside the door talking to the mailman. A few moments earlier I'd heard her purring an old mountain tune:

Roses love sunshine
Kitties love mice
And reunions with our humans
Are ever so nice

-- and I thought I heard her deliver these instructions to the mailman:

Please take this letter
And send it by post
Send it in care of
The Cattery Host

giphy.gif

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I forgot to post this morning. Since I get the MiaoMiao readings every 5 minutes I don’t really take a fasting blood sugar reading but at 7am I was 6.7. I think the UTI infection and antibiotics are having their fun with my sugar levels, and my poor stomach. Still working on my Christmas pudding this was it this morning, and as of this evening I have 11 of the 20 brown triangles completed.

Attachments

• 9647AC03-71D4-4DE8-8E65-E31E218765C1.jpeg
    9647AC03-71D4-4DE8-8E65-E31E218765C1.jpeg
    380.2 KB · Views: 244

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I forgot to post this morning. Since I get the MiaoMiao readings every 5 minutes I don’t really take a fasting blood sugar reading but at 7am I was 6.7. I think the UTI infection and antibiotics are having their fun with my sugar levels, and my poor stomach. Still working on my Christmas pudding this was it this morning, and as of this evening I have 11 of the 20 brown triangles completed.

UTIs are miserable and antibiotics aren't much better. I am so sorry you are having to deal with them. Hopefully the latter will clear up the former quickly.

Every time I read about this mysterious MiaoMiao I picture something like this:

schrocc88dingers-cat-plush.gif

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
UTIs are miserable and antibiotics aren't much better. I am so sorry you are having to deal with them. Hopefully the latter will clear up the former quickly.

Every time I read about this mysterious MiaoMiao I picture something like this:

schrocc88dingers-cat-plush.gif
Thanks SaskiaKC, I am on preventative medication and that’s really cut down the frequency, it’s my first UTI since April.

This is my MiaoMiao over the top of my libre sensor, I’ve had a carer say it looks like I’ve got a security tag on my arm like they use to protect clothing in shops.

358D2AE1-F936-456D-AF45-515FD2778998.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks SaskiaKC, I am on preventative medication and that’s really cut down the frequency, it’s my first UTI since April.

This is my MiaoMiao over the top of my libre sensor, I’ve had a carer say it looks like I’ve got a security tag on my arm like they use to protect clothing in shops.

View attachment 35788

That carer is right. Hopefully you don't get a loud beep every time you walk through a doorway! :)

I had my first-ever UTI last year. My doctor prescribed ciprofloxacin that took an entire week to clear up the infection. :( I'm glad your med has cut down on the frequency of UTIs.