want_to_be_well_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in October 2017 my life was in crisis. I had constant brain fog, memory lapses several times a day, ( not sure how I continued to work ), feet hurting like hell and a thumb infection that would not go away even after 2 lots of antibiotics. I thought I had dementia so the T2 diabetes diagnoses was a welcome relief. I was also 17 1/2 stone My Hba1c test was 65.

I refused medications and discovered a You Tube video where a man described how he reversed T2 diabeties by getting rid of Grains Potatoes and Sugar from his diet. At the start of November 2017 I did the same ( apart from porridge ! ) By March 2018 my Hba1c levels had reduced to 49. I also introduced water only fasting and reduced my blood sugar down to 40 and my weight was down to 15 1/2 stone. I am hoping to make more progress and looking forward to sharing experiencing with other people in this forum. My latest test ( July 2019 ) was 39. I hope to reduce it further and any tips are welcome.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Well done on taking things in hand and making such great progress.

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
A warm welcome to the Forum.

You sound like you are making good in-roads into this.

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome.

You were fortunate to find the You-tube video. Lowering carbs is indeed a good way to reduce your blood sugar levels.

Congratulations on your progress so far

Caprock94

Back in October 2017 my life was in crisis. I had constant brain fog, memory lapses several times a day, ( not sure how I continued to work ), feet hurting like hell and a thumb infection that would not go away even after 2 lots of antibiotics. I thought I had dementia so the T2 diabetes diagnoses was a welcome relief. I was also 17 1/2 stone My Hba1c test was 65.

I refused medications and discovered a You Tube video where a man described how he reversed T2 diabeties by getting rid of Grains Potatoes and Sugar from his diet. At the start of November 2017 I did the same ( apart from porridge ! ) By March 2018 my Hba1c levels had reduced to 49. I also introduced water only fasting and reduced my blood sugar down to 40 and my weight was down to 15 1/2 stone. I am hoping to make more progress and looking forward to sharing experiencing with other people in this forum. My latest test ( July 2019 ) was 39. I hope to reduce it further and any tips are welcome.

Nice work! Were you able to reduce or get rid of the foot pain?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Welcome from me too, @want_to_be_well_

GREAT start.

Yep, had that brain fog and memory lapses..(no foot pain though or infection., thank god)

Have since discovered many of the things i put down to just 'Getting Older'
were more diet related than i ever imagined.

great bit of luck or hunting finding that video.
isn't it sad how it's left to us to have to find our own remedy for this disease.

it's a great site here, many are so knowledgeable about the ins and outs of T2
as many have been there, done that AND got the T-shirt...

One chap @Jim Lahey , has managed to rid himself of foot pain, using LCHF/Keto, might be worthwhile
checking out his posts for any ideas.

I think it's when we begin recovering and the nerve endings begin repairing, that's when the pain increases, from what i have read., just to give you a heads up.

either way, best of luck on your journey back to better health than ever before.:D

M

Member496333

Thanks for the tag @jjraak. Yes my foot pain was quite debilitating. Got steadily worse but then turned around quite quickly with a real food keto diet. It could be argued that it would have resolved itself in time anyway, but it was getting worse before keto and then reversed reasonably quickly, so it didn't feel that way.

@want_to_be_well_ congratulates on your achievements!

Reactions: jjraak