Type 2 Extra Ice Gum

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The carb content is from polyols (sugar alcohols), a type of sweetener that some people absorb others don’t, so the only way to see if they affect you is to test your blood sugar levels

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As polyols are concerned you mat some good info from the following link.

https://www.myketocal.com/blog/tag/polyols/

"So, are sugar alcohols allowed on the ketogenic diet and modified Atkins diet (MAD)? Technically, most sugar alcohols should be counted as regular carbohydrates and kept to a minimum on the ketogenic and modified Atkins diets (MAD). Although they may affect blood glucose differently in different people, most sugar alcohols have the potential of raising blood sugar. The exception to this rule is erythritol, since it is metabolized differently and does not affect blood glucose. I generally tell my ketogenic diet and modified Atkins diet (MAD) patients that when reading a food label for carbohydrate content, erythritol is the only sugar alcohol that can be deducted from total carbohydrate content. I also tell my patients that sugar alcohol can only be deducted from the total carbohydrate amount if erythritol is the only sugar alcohol used in a product. When other sugar alcohols are used in addition to erythritol, the sugar alcohol content cannot be deducted, so I tell my patients to read the food label’s ingredient list carefully."

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for your input very helpful
Is PUR or Chewsy Safe as they don’t contain Polyols

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for your input very helpful
Is PUR or Chewsy Safe as they don’t contain Polyols

From a bit of Googling both those gums contain xylitol which is a polyol, so you’d need to test as I said before when you were thinking about Extra Ice. Also please note that xylitol is poisonous to animals, something you’d need to bear in mind if you have pets.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
From a bit of Googling both those gums contain xylitol which is a polyol, so you’d need to test as I said before when you were thinking about Extra Ice. Also please note that xylitol is poisonous to animals, something you’d need to bear in mind if you have pets.
Especially dogs I believe, when we had a dog I would not have it in the house.

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yes, most artificial sweeteners are poisonous for dogs. Even some Peanut Butter brands have artificial sweeteners. Always best to check the content labels.

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all who responded to my questions Which gum can I chew then if all these I asked about are a no no .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This may help
Chewing sugar free gum was recommended to me as having had most of my parotid glands removed I don't make a lot of saliva.

Top Keto-friendly Chewing Gum Brands
#1. PUR Gum
#2. Spry Gum
#3. Peppersmith
#4. XyloBurst
#5. Epic Dental

https://www.ketovale.com/keto-chewing-gum/

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all who responded to my questions Which gum can I chew then if all these I asked about are a no no .
Polyols aren’t necessarily a no no (except xylitol with pets). If you test your blood sugars you might find that you can chew them with out affecting your blood sugars. I don’t chew gum but eat protein bars which contain polyols and they don’t adversely affect my levels.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls

thaddydv

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Again thank you for all your help
I have decided to stay with the Extra Ice gum but will cut down drastically how many pieces I have a day I will cut down from 20 a day to 5 . Thank you