What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Relieved to see a 6.0 this morning after yesterday’s shenanigans.
@SaskiaKC cant tell you how much I liked that ginger cat :cat: @HarryBeau ohh Kelvin is my favourite to think he nearly didnt make it. @gennepher I am wearing my magenta jumper today in solidarity with Shocking Pink Fleece Day. @trick60 you’re a nice grandad hope you have a good day and youngster settles soon. Am assuming at Uni and my son was the same but it gets better. @OldButBold good fbg maybe your chest infection is on the wane. @ianpspurs have a great day with the littlies.
Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning - tested an hour and a half later than usual but no dawn phenomenon. I expected that my liver would have done a dump because of the late breakfast but I suppose that it is a good sign that it hasn't. Maybe I'm becoming more 'normal'.

Just had a lovely bacon, egg and mushroom breakfast and am now relaxing with coffee. The rain is chucking it down here in Norfolk so I think it will be a lazy day today - reading and relaxing.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks and the word precipitation

The wonder wheel of a late evening but a good nights sleep rewarded me with a flat 5.0 this am.

I was going to pick apples this morning but at present they are all waving about glistening with rain so will leave them where they are for now and concentrate on a bit of baking - flax seed crackers and a couple of “bread” rolls. It has been suggested that a bit of finely grated parmesan in the flax seed cracker recipe may work well - will give that a go and see. I have already got a couple of pints of tumeric tea straining so that will need bottling. May get some kefir started but I am losing interests in that due to only me drinking it (Mrs Miggins she no likee).

Best get on with the importance of being with koffy in order to persuade my aching bones that the day has promise.

TTFN

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept yesterday.

Hmmm that meter is up to something it issued a low 4.9 this morning which promptly stuck 2 fingers up at me the disappeared behind the kettle before I could introduce it to my hammer.

Today is now unknown apart from a member of the Welsh family popping in for lunch and dinner.
Have a good day folks I will if Mrs J let's me.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who overslept yesterday.

Hmmm that meter is up to something it issued a low 4.9 this morning which promptly stuck 2 fingers up at me the disappeared behind the kettle before I could introduce it to my hammer.

Today is now unknown apart from a member of the Welsh family popping in for lunch and dinner.
Have a good day folks I will if Mrs J let's me.
bit of a low one for you alf take care x

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am in he middle of watching Strictly come Dancing but have just checked my BG and its 6.6. How very dare it...all I have eaten today after fbg 5.7 is thin slice Hp toast and 2 cooked chicken thighs lunchtimeish. Have some spatchcock chicken in oven and tenderstem brocolli for me soon but am very deflated. Why??
That's the frustrating part it's a bit like dieting some days you keep to it strictly ( no pun intended lol ) and lose nothing .

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
tenor.gif
Used to love watching the pink panther :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.9 on the dice, that's a good weekend score for me.

Off to that there London this morning to meet up with a homesick grandchild, I think we are going to the science museum but plans may change.

Gosh PM, if you're deflated just think how that chicken feels :woot:, good scores come and go maybe you just need a new pot of strips, order some fives next time ;).
I like the dice reference because it feels like the roll of the dice most days .

Reactions: gennepher

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. Another day of sleeping after meds went to bed just after midnight and getting out of bed at 11am. Really don’t know what’s going on with my body, partly happy to live with the idea of sleep if my body needs it, but I hate wasting the morning.
I’d love to see some of the bits and pieces you guys make, @gennepher especially after your shopping trip the past couple of days.
In other news the latest carriage is now finished. I think I slightly over stuffed it, it’s wheels kinda go under. The flat wagon I under stuffed this I over stuffed, maybe the next 2 will be ok.
B312ED71-AF4B-4A6B-B00D-ADAEBFA6B853.jpeg BCFEBD15-7766-4D2B-A74E-5A68FE91094F.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Doggies didn't even want to go out today as the rain is torrential. We decided (maybe foolishly) to go to The Range in Norwich as we need a Z Bed as youngest granddaughter is no longer in a cot.

A47 was starting to flood in the way there which was a bit worrying. Water was much higher on way back but we got through - it is now impassable at Easton and the A47 is closed. Police are advising only essential travel - so it is a nightmare out and about.

A weird day with BS - they have been lurking in the low 4s for much of the day. I feel very well though - no feeling of having a hypo - so my body has finally got used to the low 4s and feels it has no need to warn me.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this Sunday morning. We slept until 10:30! Unheard of. Even at that late hour the KittenCat did not wake me, but, when she saw I was awake, simply crept up from the foot of the bed to snuggle. She has eaten a good breakfast but seems subdued, I hope she is feeling alright. ^. .^

I have given up trying to understand FBG and DP. If I can score a 6.9 after such a long sleep, with no bedtime snack, then all I can conclude is that FBG is based on my eating over the past few days and not at all related to any one meal/snack in particular. And I can't change my diet too much, because BG is not the only number I'm concerned about. I have to factor in BP, LDL, and lbs. as well.

If any of you would like to get rid of some of that rain, please send it my way! I can't remember the last time it rained here, and the 19 degrees showing on my laptop is about 10 degrees below the midmorning temps we've been getting. A week into October, and all the leaves outside my window are still as green as in June.