What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC that autumn leaves quilt and cushion is beautiful. I have a childhood friend who I used to go to sewing classes with and neither of us were very good. However later on she lived in Saudi for many years and the American ex pat ladies taught her quilting and she lives and breathes it now. I have always been envious of her sewing room and what she produces.

Mama tried to teach me to sew but I was never much good at it. She could do it all -- made all the clothes for herself, my sister, and me; cutwork embroidery for table linens, smocking, slipcovers, bound buttonholes, applique, quilts ... years later I realized I actually had absorbed some of it as I was able to do some sewing for a great-niece, including putting in a zipper ... I was quite proud of that! I've always preferred crochet to sewing, and really should order some yarn from Amazon or Walmart ...

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in he middle of watching Strictly come Dancing but have just checked my BG and its 6.6. How very dare it...all I have eaten today after fbg 5.7 is thin slice Hp toast and 2 cooked chicken thighs lunchtimeish. Have some spatchcock chicken in oven and tenderstem brocolli for me soon but am very deflated. Why??

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 @6.55am
Nodded back off
4.6 when I woke back up at 8.18am
No reason for the drop. Sometimes it mysteries me.

Just popping on for a minute to post fbs and hoping to catch up on posts tomorrow.

My son works for 111. He has just popped home for lunch. Told me that a colleague got a call today from a diabetic who wants to change how they eat from seeing a lady on This Morning program!!! The whole office was buzzing when they found out. They all had watched me live! You dont know how happy that makes me. One more educated.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend

s0138.gif

t1103.gif

t9205.gif

t8805.gif
t8803.gif

s0221.gif

t31130.gif

s0813.gif

m0702.gif
t1903.gif

m1275.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am in he middle of watching Strictly come Dancing but have just checked my BG and its 6.6. How very dare it...all I have eaten today after fbg 5.7 is thin slice Hp toast and 2 cooked chicken thighs lunchtimeish. Have some spatchcock chicken in oven and tenderstem brocolli for me soon but am very deflated. Why??

m0272.gif

m0208.gif

penguin-kiss-love-greeting-card-with-cute-and-text-hug-funny-poster-or-emoji.jpg

penguin-clapping-gif-5.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs.
No rhyme or reason at times.
So frustrating.
What appears to work well some days doesn’t on others. And you have been so good. Doesn’t make any sense.
It can send me in a sudden downward spiral, like you feel deflated.
You are doing brilliantly. Remind yourself that.
So hugs for you.
upload_2019-10-6_1-58-7.gif

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning each. @Cumberland deep deep joyloads in the follocks for that excellent 5.8. @SaskiaKC love the image of your momma - 90 y.o MIL same skill set. Buys fleeces, combs, spins and knits them into all sorts even now and goes to schools, libraries and outdoor fairs to demo. I coaxed a 5.2 from the meter with no help from Orban. Meat has been cooking overnight, 2 granddaughters smiling at me with 2 more coming later if the spots aren't chicken pox. Elsie and me seem to have come to an uneasy truce recently despite her huge basket of deplorables taking up the hallway. Yes Elbow, 1 day like this will do for now.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.9 on the dice, that's a good weekend score for me.

Off to that there London this morning to meet up with a homesick grandchild, I think we are going to the science museum but plans may change.

Gosh PM, if you're deflated just think how that chicken feels :woot:, good scores come and go maybe you just need a new pot of strips, order some fives next time ;).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...awake super early I refused to get up at that time...so rolled over & went right back to sleep for another four hours...tipping it down outside I won't be straying far from home today...woke to a 6.3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a late start for me today. 5.9 greeted me after eventually falling into bed at 3 am after getting home from a long, tiring gig in Cheshire last night so still only 4 hours sleep.

A quick scan through all the post seemed to show a spattering of ups and downs from the pet Draculas. The mysteries of BG continues to confound, surprise and disappoint, thank goodness for this forums support.

Enjoy what ever you are doing on this soggy day. @ianpspurs hope those spotty ones are able to join you today.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And I forgot to say everyone, including @SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum because I was the first customer of the day (I went back for the shocking pink fleece) I had a choice of one of 5 blown up balloons to pop. There was a prize written inside each one.

I chose the pink balloon. I am scared of balloons and was unable to pop it. The sales assistant was also too afraid to pop it. So an announcement over the tannoy for some brave soul who was not frightened of balloons. She came boldly charging forwards, stabbed the balloon with a ferocity. A piece of paper fell out.

I had won...wait for it...a shocking pink and purple silk scarf...

:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have fond memories of the Science Museum...that was our go to place whenever we skipped a day off school;)
And
Mine too, B'ham Art gallery, the library, and the science museum were my favourites for skipping school :)
Respect to you both! I was never brave enough to skip a day off school.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and a late start for me today. 5.9 greeted me after eventually falling into bed at 3 am after getting home from a long, tiring gig in Cheshire last night so still only 4 hours sleep.

A quick scan through all the post seemed to show a spattering of ups and downs from the pet Draculas. The mysteries of BG continues to confound, surprise and disappoint, thank goodness for this forums support.

Enjoy what ever you are doing on this soggy day. @ianpspurs hope those spotty ones are able to join you today.
Hug for the sleep problem. Spotty one and brother are the ones we see most and she was here Wednesday so no problems there. I'm guessing there will be a facetime if they don't come - biggest concern is the 5 month old catching it. Elsie Hifat is a very fickle mistress so the roller coaster numbers are par for the course. Hope the gig went down well.

Last edited: