Type 1'stars R Us

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is every friday, but according to a few others they haven't been paid for the week we did at another place. Only one female was paid for that week we did. As for training, everyone hasn't been paid for it just yet. I understand they couldn't pay me for that week I started on, but it will be 2 weeks tomorrow so I have no clue. My manager said we'll be paid and we shouldn't be worried.

so, when did you actually start attending work?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t know if girls were being rude when they were asking if my bf is my sugar daddy. I’m like is it not normal for my bf to drop his lovely gf off for work?

Indeed it is..

But only after kissing the wife & kids beforehand... ;)

image.jpeg

Seriously though, just roll with some of the "banter" at work..

Above is a highlighted example of how ya deal with it? :)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@ert Sorry for all the questions. I am mentally preparing myself for the next trip (although I have nothing planned at the moment).
Was it the metal detector arch that set off the alarms or the body scanner (tube thing you stand in with your feet on the marks on the floor and your hands in the air)?
With the pump, I avoid the body scanner and that conversation can be awkward enough at times.
They had both only at Heathrow. Both were set off by the Libre. :( This was not the case for any of the Australia security metal detector arches.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
so, when did you actually start attending work?
I started working on Thursday 26th-Friday 27th September, then they planned to train all the new staff for the new restaurant which I attended from Thursday 3rd October until now and they said they'll pay everyone even for training. The restaurant will officially open to the public on the 14th October.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I started working on Thursday 26th-Friday 27th September, then they planned to train all the new staff for the new restaurant which I attended from Thursday 3rd October until now and they said they'll pay everyone even for training. The restaurant will officially open to the public on the 14th October.

It'll all work out.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I left work this afternoon, my libre indicated that I was going to run high so I took into consider my walk home - my journey is around 1.5 hours by foot and also if I were to correct it, I might hypo so I didn't correct and I gave walking a chance and viola, I came home on a 5.5. Diabetes ain't fooling anyone. :)
I had a long chat with my beautiful mother tonight, she said dad and her want to buy another business again. Her plan was to buy a business after Christmas so we can work together as a family, put my brother and I as managers to manage the business and then in a few years, I will be able to put money together for a mortgage to buy a place with my bf. I like her thinking but I don't know if dad is willing to put up with another demanding business, he can't see very well and he'll struggle to read orders, especially now everything is done on computers.
Apparently my brother wants to study again, I think a phD in something and he is planning to move back home as well. So it'll be interesting to see what he and mum can come to an agreement on the whole living situation, because if mummy wants to buy a business, I'll have my right ear dragged back to London and our house is very small.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I left work this afternoon, my libre indicated that I was going to run high so I took into consider my walk home - my journey is around 1.5 hours by foot and also if I were to correct it, I might hypo so I didn't correct and I gave walking a chance and viola, I came home on a 5.5. Diabetes ain't fooling anyone. :)
I had a long chat with my beautiful mother tonight, she said dad and her want to buy another business again. Her plan was to buy a business after Christmas so we can work together as a family, put my brother and I as managers to manage the business and then in a few years, I will be able to put money together for a mortgage to buy a place with my bf. I like her thinking but I don't know if dad is willing to put up with another demanding business, he can't see very well and he'll struggle to read orders, especially now everything is done on computers.

I feel you need to get to grips with standing on your own two feet, before the attempt of lifting the weight of others...

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I feel you need to get to grips with standing on your own two feet, before the attempt of lifting the weight of others...
Yes it does sound like my parents are shielding me away from life. They've always have been bosses for themselves and that's good on them for not having degrees. She said it was just her thinking, she isn't too sure yet. My mum said she wants me to carry on doing what I'm doing with training, earning my own coins and managing myself better. I mean I can't even master balancing and holding plates yet, it's a work of art. (You'd have to beat me to pulp to get me to go home to work in another family business, 6 years was enough. But I don't dislike the idea if my mum manages it differently. Can't stop my mummy from buying properties :hilarious: But I think her and dad want to work again. )

Reactions: Alison54321
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Back from my very short trip to Australia.I have missed reading everyone's posts. The major mishaps of travelling on insulin was firstly at Heathrow terminal 3 where they've never heard of a Freestyle Libre and I had to strip in a room for two women border officers had to test my libre for explosive residue. It was partly my fault as I wore a long-sleeved dress that they couldn't access my arm. Also, the other minus was that I hypoed in the heat and with jetlag 50% of the time. I usually hypo 1% of the time. I've eaten my entire supply of jellybeans. I'm rather relieved to be home in Oxford. I need some holiday insulin training.

Good to see you back again and I'm sure everything will settle down and get back to normal.
Staff have to check for everything now days, but at least they know about the Libre now :)

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Just read about your new sensor.? Have you tried rebooting the phone? If you have wifi or Bluetooth switched on, try with them switched off? Just thought. If you have an account that pays for transactions via NFC? Try disabling that too..
Sometimes these devices get confused..

Hi @Jaylee

Thanks for the advice.Yes I did restart my phone, as I thought it could be possible the device was having a funny 5 & not the sensor. But it didn't make a difference.
I applied a new sensor last night & I will call Abbott today to let them know about it.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, been a way for a little while, but not doing anything interesting. Hope everyone is well.

Not much to report blood sugar wise, it just keeps going up and going down, and that's all really.

Have a good day, everyone.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. On the way to Swansea (I’m not driving today) for a day of lectures on legal stuff. Should be interesting, we may need to be witnesses in court and stuff like that. Bloods ok but foot on the floor is much more pronounced than when I was teaching. Reluctant to really hammer it hard but soooooo tempted to get the blouses out. Hey ho. They’re being slightly too accommodating regarding reasonable adjustments, without actually asking for it, I’m given my own room for exams, in case I need to attend to D matters. I guess that’ll make things calmer and I won’t be distracted by others huffing and puffing in the background when they get to a tricky bit! I can have a ten minute break every hour if I want... all I asked for was to keep my watch, phone and dextrose on me. Hey ho.
Have a good day, lovelies.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone. The forecast looks OK so a bit of mud gardening may be on the cards and possibly get some bulbs planted.
Madam BG just in range but would like to get it stable at the lower end. I'm always uncertain about whether to bolus for it in the morning especially as I know my liver dumps without fail. I don't eat breakfast. What does everyone do?