Ozempic

debs g

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been offered this drug and am a bit nervous about possible side effects. Does anyone have any experience with this new drug please?

Reactions: cdpm

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would be nervous too. Are you using a glucose meter to test your food?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
As you are looking into low carb, in your shoes I would see how you get on; especially as you are already on insulin. This combination is extremely powerful, and you should be on high alert that you could and are likely to get hypos, if the insulin dose is not regulated down to suit. I would really suggest you work with your Doctor, due to the blood glucose lowering effects of low carb.

Eventually you may be able to drop several drugs as low carb is like a pill.

Ozempic has the following side effects:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326252.php

Reactions: NaijaChick

debs g

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As you are looking into low carb, in your shoes I would see how you get on; especially as you are already on insulin. This combination is extremely powerful, and you should be on high alert that you could and are likely to get hypos, if the insulin dose is not regulated down to suit. I would really suggest you work with your Doctor, due to the blood glucose lowering effects of low carb.

Eventually you may be able to drop several drugs as low carb is like a pill.

Ozempic has the following side effects:
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326252.php
I've read a lot more now, and actually I think the risks outweigh the possible benefits for me

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My surgery has had a trial with those T2s, whom are struggling with control because of other limitations and conditions.
The number is 25 patients all with Hba1c of over 50.

After three months the majority of patients who have successfully lowered their hba1c levels to near normal levels is 95%.

Only one patient reported side effects but still reduced his hba1c levels.

This drug was introduced this year and has had really successful trials.

Until you try this drug, because I believe that not much has worked for you, you won't know. If like my surgery, if you do have problems, the drug will be withdrawn from use.

The one particular patient I'm interested in is very dear to me, and has had issues with every other medications because of her continuous problems with her spine and pain medication. Ozempic has dramatically improved her diabetes control, more than I thought possible and hopefully will benefit her future health. No side effects.
All her other diabetic meds have been stopped, she injects once a week.

Don't dismiss this treatment because of scare stories. Talk to your GP, maybe the treatment is justified.

debs g

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My surgery has had a trial with those T2s, whom are struggling with control because of other limitations and conditions.
The number is 25 patients all with Hba1c of over 50.

After three months the majority of patients who have successfully lowered their hba1c levels to near normal levels is 95%.

Only one patient reported side effects but still reduced his hba1c levels.

This drug was introduced this year and has had really successful trials.

Until you try this drug, because I believe that not much has worked for you, you won't know. If like my surgery, if you do have problems, the drug will be withdrawn from use.

The one particular patient I'm interested in is very dear to me, and has had issues with every other medications because of her continuous problems with her spine and pain medication. Ozempic has dramatically improved her diabetes control, more than I thought possible and hopefully will benefit her future health. No side effects.
All her other diabetic meds have been stopped, she injects once a week.

Don't dismiss this treatment because of scare stories. Talk to your GP, maybe the treatment is justified.
Thank you for this post. I got the information mainly from the literature given at my surgery, it was the fact of how many side effects were said to be common that scares me.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you for this post. I got the information mainly from the literature given at my surgery, it was the fact of how many side effects were said to be common that scares me.
I would still talk to your doctor, noticed you are on insulin, this will certainly effect how the treatment is viewed, did your doctor say that you would come off these meds, the statin may also be a reason for side effects.
I can't take to statin s, I have really bad cramps from them!

Amberleigh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been on Ozempic since last summer. The only side effect I noticed initially was my hair thinned slightly but even that’s settled down.

Reactions: AutisticMum

Sparklebrightisright

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dislike people who judge me for my weight i have lots of problems was born very premature which resulted in lots of health problems since i was little still affect me today.
Hi to you all,

I have just started 0zempic today so hopefully its going to work for me and I loose weight on it hopefully very soon I am also on insulin too but have to use less insulin..to to avoid hypos.

I will post when ive been on it for a while to let you know how its going.

Sparklebrightisright.

dookie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I have been on ozempic for a few months now.
Side effects for me have been horrendous smelling burps and nausea which subsided after a few weeks. But the positives have been better control and a 3 stone weight loss.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey all I am going to start next Friday , must say I am worried for getting really bad side effets, but will try it ...hope to be among those with hardly any side effects

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
only on day 3 on 0.25mg injection, havent really felt any difference except the first evening with some nausea, then I ate a little cookie, because I thought it was because my blood glucose lowered rather fast and the nausea disapeared.. but well can't really say anything of how it works yet, feeling a bit more satiated though

markyj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am just starting Ozempic I'm a little bit anxious about taking it as I take a medication that makes me nauseous if I don't have a proper good sized breakfast was told Ozempic makes you nauseous if you eat too much how's that going to work if one counter acts the other

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am just starting Ozempic I'm a little bit anxious about taking it as I take a medication that makes me nauseous if I don't have a proper good sized breakfast was told Ozempic makes you nauseous if you eat too much how's that going to work if one counter acts the other
what a crock of ......!

If anything, it's the reverse!
Nausea, is a side effect which impacts very few patients.
The reason you have probably been given Ozempic, is due to the control of blood glucose levels.
To help with the drug, a lower carb diet, will always help, portion sizes, exercise are the best tools for a T2.

If you do suffer from side effects, consult your GP.

Reactions: markyj

Lizzeeee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are you getting on with it? I hope its going well for you

cdpm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Side effects from medication
I've been using it for a few months now.
And am on 1mg once a week.
I can't really tell how much weight I've lost
with it due to other issues. But I have been
less hungry and full alot faster. An example is
that I was able to eat 3 cups of soup in one
meal but now 2 cups is hard.
That's about the only side effect I get.
Thankfully.