Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I always miss the bulb planting window. Thanks. I'll get on to it this weekend.
I try and get them in by the end of Oct but sometimes it's mid Nov and they still do well. Hope you get some in

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
My BAD Madam was good this dark morning @4.8 but then my liver stepped in 9.6 an hour and 15 mins later!!
Is that a dump or is there a bigger word?
Work hard through the day and then get ready to play hard afterwards

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1558096106528.jpg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ert I always used to worry about the teeth cleaning, so had a chat with my dentist about it. He told me to not clean as you were more likely to rub the residual sugar into the teeth. Just have a glass of water by the side of the bed and give them a good rinse. If I have a bad hypo in the night (cannot remember the last time) I drink a 15ml can of Coke and use a straw to try and limit contact with teeth.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An amazing 5.3 before bed and a 5.2 this morning, obviously that means I had a nice steady smooth even drop of 0.1 overnight :D in other news His Grace the Pope last night came out saying he was a practising Islamist.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 .
Not only is it Friday, it’s a Friday that will be followed by a week off work. Feeling good.:):).
Just had part 1 of my annual diabetic review at doctors. All good. Everything checked out okay, just got to wait for HbA1C results at next appointment in two weeks.
Guys have turned up to do work on roof and guttering.
Out for lunch later.
See grandkids after school.
BS currently 5.7 on meter.

If it carries on like this I’ll have nothing whatsoever to moan about. :banghead::banghead:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An amazing 5.3 before bed and a 5.2 this morning, obviously that means I had a nice steady smooth even drop of 0.1 overnight :D in other news His Grace the Pope last night came out saying he was a practising Islamist.
Great numbers bro. Perhaps a slight change to diet, maybe a few tips from that guy Bernstein and you could have eradicated the 0.1 drop. But hey let’s not be too critical here.:).
Are you sure about the Pope? I can’t find anything on the BBC news.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Had the twice-yearly nasty nighttime hypo in the early hours. Eventually brain woke up enough to say jelly babies to itself. However it moaned about being dragged away from some potentially disastrous imaginary IT shenanigans it had cooked up, all about downloading a recipe for Japanese pancakes and trashing the phone while it did it. Not sure how many I ate but expected to be in the 20s this morning. 9 on bloods meter. One of the few times a 9 has caused a grin. And phone unharmed. Untouched?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Had the twice-yearly nasty nighttime hypo in the early hours. Eventually brain woke up enough to say jelly babies to itself. However it moaned about being dragged away from some potentially disastrous imaginary IT shenanigans it had cooked up, all about downloading a recipe for Japanese pancakes and trashing the phone while it did it. Not sure how many I ate but expected to be in the 20s this morning. 9 on bloods meter. One of the few times a 9 has caused a grin. And phone unharmed. Untouched?

Sorry to read that FG, so sending a virtual (((((((((((hug)))))))))) your way and wow 9 is good.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@karen8967 .
Not only is it Friday, it’s a Friday that will be followed by a week off work. Feeling good.:):).
Just had part 1 of my annual diabetic review at doctors. All good. Everything checked out okay, just got to wait for HbA1C results at next appointment in two weeks.
Guys have turned up to do work on roof and guttering.
Out for lunch later.
See grandkids after school.
BS currently 5.7 on meter.

If it carries on like this I’ll have nothing whatsoever to moan about. :banghead::banghead:
winner winner have a great week off work sounds like a busy day ahead you will have to save some energy for the the grandkids .my eldest grandson is five on monday but having a party tomorrow hes into star wars at the moment so everything will be themed around that .his little brother who is two will cause mayhem as everytime he hears the word birthday hes convinced its his and duly cries for presents anyway enjoy your friday enjoy your week off and well done on the results ......just as an aside im sure you can find something to moan about :hilarious:;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
winner winner have a great week off work sounds like a busy day ahead you will have to save some energy for the the grandkids .my eldest grandson is five on monday but having a party tomorrow hes into star wars at the moment so everything will be themed around that .his little brother who is two will cause mayhem as everytime he hears the word birthday hes convinced its his and duly cries for presents anyway enjoy your friday enjoy your week off and well done on the results ......just as an aside im sure you can find something to moan about :hilarious:;)
Ours were (are) the same, and when just two it was a concept too far that the presents and candles weren’t for them. We have an unbirthday present for them, but the younger one still thought that everything in wrapping paper was for them.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have some pollock in freezer to use, care to share the recipe for the fish stew
@smc4761 I'm afraid this might not be much help. Halaszle = Hungarian fish soup and should be made with carp. We can only get that at Christmas so we used pollack instead
These measurements are very rough too as it depends on how hot you like it.
12oz pollack, 2 medium onion finely chopped, I green pepper, chopped big, hot paprika powder 2tbsp and 1tbsp of Csemege Piros Arany Etelizesito (this is hot paprika puree) 1 fish cube
Make up the stock, throw in onions, cook for 30mins
Blitz in a blender
Squirt in paprika puree and paprika powder, mix, cook for 10mins
Put fish in a fry pan, ladle over the paprika stock mix, cook 10/15mins
Finally, throw in the green pepper, cook 5 mins
serve with crust bread

Note: If you haven't got/can't get the paprika puree, just add more of the powder

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ours were (are) the same, and when just two it was a concept too far that the presents and candles weren’t for them. We have an unbirthday present for them, but the younger one still thought that everything in wrapping paper was for them.
we have bought youngest a little prezzie to unwrap but like you say he will think all the others are for him and promptly let everyone know ....anyone got any earplugs going spare :hilarious::hilarious:

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, early start today as had to go to the surgery to pick up a script for cartridges for my meter...somewhere along the line my repeat order got changed. The tech wizards changed the description so the computer now ‘understands’ one cartridge with 50 tests as 50 devices. My original repeat said 3 devices (meaning 3 cartridges) so when I put in my order it believed that one cartridge was enough for 28 days as it represented 50 devices.....
On a happy note no huge liver dump today, woke on 5.0 and 5.6 2 and a bit hours later when I finally sit down for brekkie

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Great results for you, zero for tech. Soooo annoying.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any one else use Patient Access app to put in for prescriptions? And if so do you ever change the receiving pharmacist in the request? twice now I've requested my script go else where other than my default local Boots (thats another story!) and so wanted to try another one and both times the script has landed up at Boots - not the end of the world just annoting, I've emailed my surgery to ask for it to be changed and why they don't take any notice of the request. Will see what they say but wondered if anyone else has the same issue?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Happy Friday all :)

Bit of a high start at 10.3 this morning for me, went to bed after treating a hypo and went high during the night, then went hypo this morning after doing too much housework, now resting at 6.9 now - and trying to hang onto my Dexcom G6 which i've rebooted for another 10 days, 4 days in and it's hanging onto my arm with tape in all directions looking a right mess so going to tear it off later and start a new one.

Have a good day all ;)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We were talking a few days ago about prescriptions and availability. I said I would update how long it took following me dropping off repeat prescription at chemists on Tuesday morning. Well, the whole shebang was ready yesterday including Toujeo/Libre/needles, but not the Fiasp. Went into chemist this morning to be told why Fiasp takes longer. Nothing to do with shortages/Brexit but the way it has to be ordered. They need to send a photo of the actual prescription, okayed by the GP to wherever it is ordered from as it cannot be dispensed without. It is a rule peculiar to Fiasp and you need to allow at least 5 days from them receiving the photo. As I indeed do, he said to always put an order for this item well in advance of actually needing it. I always put an insulin order in when I open the second to last pen. A good job it seems.