1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Marie 2 also curious are you going 30 days ?

Thanks for the tips, haven't tried skin tac yet so will give that a whirl, I find the accuracy still spot on after 20 days but it's looking so grubby then I have to remove, I do all the tricks I can before applying but it seems to start falling off after around 7-8 days, I have got sensor plasters from Dexcom too which are applied around the sensor which helps but sometimes these start falling off so then use the medi tape.

2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yep @slip I use Patient Access now after our surgery was gobbled up by a bigger practice. I had to get a new key code but changed my appointed pharmacy OK

3. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@therower. @Juicyj Yes I restart them until they start to go wonky. Usually for me that’s between 25-35 days. I’ve built up a nice back up supply, I like the accuracy better with them staying in too, and frankly it’s also easier!

But they are starting to put out a new transmitter to stop restarts, it’s really easy right now. No code, wait 15 minutes, then the right code. If you ever want the exact instructions I can type them. But with the newer 8G Transmitters a new method has to be used, People think they might have a solution but I’m not sure it’s solid yet.

I still have 2 older style transmitters so I’m set for 6 months?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Juicyj . I use Rocktape rct 100 DP patches. I order them from amazon.
    They are like Elastoplast plasters, stretchy and I find move with and follow skin movement really well.
    I usually get 2 weeks out of one patch, this includes work and gym 5 x a week. I use skin tac initially and then put the patch on.
    If when the patch starts to lift at the edges you can with a bit of care peel it off, leaving the sensor still in place. Just then re apply a new patch.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marie 2

Right now it’s
    (But this will change with the new transmitters starting with 8G)

1) Let sensor expire or stop sensor
    2) Start “a new sensor” with no code
    3) Wait 15 minutes, too much past 20 and you will have to start all over again
    4) Stop sensor
    5) Start new sensor and enter code of existing sensor and it will start its 2 hour warm up

I use the reader to do this, you can use your phone, but if you use both like I do, you need to power off the phone for two hours or power off the reader or put it in the micro. Don’t actually micro the reader

But sigh, they are changing the transmitters and any new ones, it seems to be the 8G series in the US won’t work on this. Other countries might have different series numbers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    #22625 Marie 2, Oct 11, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  6. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

VIP night was busy, they didn’t provide lunch so a few chums and I headed out for food. I had a very delicious vegan pizza from zizzi. I’m very tired, hypoed a few times tonight so I kind of drank most of their coke mixer bottles. Chef said we can take food home, unfortunately all the veggies and vegans took all the veggie food but I took a melon home. I couldn’t say no to melon, it was carved by the head chef today.
    IMG_9045.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  7. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, that is so pretty!

• Like Like x 2
  8. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone FB_IMG_1561140088165.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  9. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, went to see a DSN about being on a waiting list for a pump. It all went fine, but no idea how long it will take so not getting excited. Too many hypos was the reason, and I do have too many, despite everything.

Going to get the flu jab this morning, as long as I remember, 9.25am. Then I expect a slightly achy arm for a few days, but a minor thing really.

• Like Like x 2
  10. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    I had to drag my body out of bed, :( in combination with wisdom toothache and tiredness. If I’m honest, I wished work just told everyone to turn up for 15:30 to tidy the place ready for the evening. We have to be there for 11:00 until 15:00, break time and then show up at 17:00 again. In my case, I think 9-10hours is a bit of a stretch for me. But diabetes not too shabby at 7.3. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Marie 2

I've had 3 days of being super sensitive to insulin and I didn't get to ride my exercise bike as long as I usually do the last couple of days because I kept dropping too much when I tried. Then tonight I got on my exercise bike right after I ate some crackers expecting to have the same issue and I did great, only increased to 7 and then slowly dropped back down to a 6 after 15 miles on it. That is more than I usually do and then I get off the bike and 10 minutes later I started to climb. So I took some insulin, watched it keep climbing so I took more, I ended up climbing up to an 11 before my insulin started kicking in. Now I'm back down to a 6 but my arrow is pointed down and it is getting close to bedtime. I knew better than taking the full dose at being an 11, I took about half of what my pump said I should, but I'm guessing I'm still having the sensitivity to insulin thing still going on.

So I doubt it will be a good nights sleep tonight with my alarm going off with lows tonight at some point. Very aggravating of course.

• Hug Hug x 3
    #22631 Marie 2, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  12. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning to you Karen and have a great weekend :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Robinredbreast

Morning all on this wet Saturday :rolleyes: I awoke on single figures and I didn't get up until 8.10, so that is a lay in for me :happy: lol and still in my dressing gown too :hilarious:
    Have a good weekend everyone and take care :)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Robinredbreast

I hope your flu jab went well, I will go for mine another time as it is pouring with rain here and I would have to walk too.
    Good luck getting your pump @Alison54321, I'm crossing everything for you.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Alison54321

Thanks. Flu jab was fine, doctors is just round the corner, but it's quite sunny here today anyway. Won't last, I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alison54321

Quite demanding aren't they, wanting to you to go away for two hours, then turn up again.

17. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone
    BAD Madam was a splendid 5.1 this drizzly morning and then the friend liver decided on its usual dump, up 1mmol in 15mins and climbing I guess. Oh not to have to prick.
    The vet yesterday said my Eustachian tube in the left if blocked, feeling like a whale trying to blow it out.
    Portuguese fish stew with pollack again was fab
    Off to town to buy more fish and also ground almonds to make some cakes
    Have a lovely day and may the wellies be with you

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

One of the sleepover dogs has a very angry wet rash on his nose and around his eye so he had to start antibiotics today.
    My thumb is still very sore and completely useless, wrist is less sore and only half useless.
    Which made getting tablets in the dog an interesting exercise.
    Both dog and hand are very offended now. Tonight I'll see if I can trick the dog with liverwurst.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Where tablets are concerned. I dupe my hound with cheese..

• Useful Useful x 2
  20. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Just woken up. Have I missed anything?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook