1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

2. spage

spage LADA · Well-Known Member

Second meal since my first dose of humulin I. 5.1 before lunch be good to see after. I no it’s carby but still getting to grips with things. Boiled egg sandwich with some salad cream, cucumber and Pom bears.

How are you all doing on this rubbish day x

• Like Like x 2
  3. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @LooperCat . You was in my thoughts around midnight last night.
    Long story short. My 84 yr old mother called out an ambulance, when they turned up, the two paramedics introduced the trainee they had with them. In all fairness the trainees beard did slightly distort my thoughts of you, but nonetheless....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Husbeast has more than enough beard for this household, I can’t compete so shave mine off. I’ll be that trainee in a month!

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Brilliant @Kim Possible Our mini European tours inspired us to coook more fish. I love the idea of tagine, despite not having one of those funny conical type dishes. I always thought though they had fruit in them. Can you post the recipe? that would be magic:bookworm:

6. Dabootie

Dabootie Type 1 · Active Member

Grotty day isn’t it?! Good couple of days bloods wise, not so good at work. Glad to have a weekend off but start my nights next weekend...but that is followed by a week off. I’m thinking about a quick getaway to Las Vegas...it’ll help beat the holiday blues!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@Antje77 For ones that are more stubborn about pills, I soften some cheese, usually on tidbit of bread in micro for a few seconds and put the pill in it. That way they can’t separate it easily. Unless they’re really finicky, then only down the throat works!

The dobie I have now you can put it with anything and she swallows it whole. Pill, what pill?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I'll start with the liverwurst, and if that doesn't work I'll proceed with your and Jaylees tricks. Stupid thing is, 3 of the 5 dogs will happily eat any pill you offer them if you tell them it's something yummy, nothing needed to go with it and 4th cooperates if you tell her she must. It's only this one squirming and keeping it's mouth closed and spitting out the tablets five minutes later.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@therower The like was not for your mom calling an ambulance, but for the trainee with the beard and I am now thinking of @LooperCat's avatar with a beard.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@Marie 2 . That’s made me smile.
    If you knew my mother then the “ like” wouldn’t seem such a bad option anyway.:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    I’m doing a huge sigh - I worked over 11hrs and everyone got to eat once. We were not allowed to take food home. So I don’t know how long I can survive for, but tomorrow is the same. I’ll take food with me anyway but at the moment I’ll probably work until after Christmas and look for something else. I was drooling over customer’s left overs as well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  12. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

The liverwurst didn't look edible anymore, but Buffel happily took his tablets crushed in French green pepper paté :hilarious:
    His nose looks a lot better already. The vet gave him an antibiotics injection yesterday to kickstart the treatment, and an injection for the itching. Not sure which one has the biggest effect at the moment but very happy it isn't open and leakining fluid anymore :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Another wet and dark day, work today, so I hope customers come out and sample the Italian Iced coffee.
    Brilliants readings yesterday even though I had a lazy day, which is rare. Lovely readings in the 5's, but............ on my Libre around 4 am it started to climb, so awoke on 11.3 give me strength :banghead:
    Must remember to put on another layer today as standing by the chilled aisle gets, well chilly, especially my fingers https://www.smileysapp.com/emojis/winter-smiley.png
    Happy Sunday folks :)

• Like Like x 4
  14. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I do the same with the cats - soon gets gobbled up if there’s cheese with it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I go away for a few weeks with no internet assess and a lot of people have changed their names - have I missed something?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone

• Like Like x 1
  17. SueJB

Thanks @Kim Possible Looks magic, like the harissa but not sure about the apricots

18. SueJB

Any idea of the carbs in the dish per portion? @Kim Possible
    Last night I made spicy prawns and coriander. Magic, a recipe from Sameen Rushdie

#22658 SueJB, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  19. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone, slept beautifully, but had a high of 16 and woke with a low of 2.9. I did do a correction, but it was still a great sleep.

That often seems to happen. Anyway, all is fine now, arm is getting slightly achy after flu jab, I wonder if the high was a result of that, I don't know my blood sugar has been doing weird things recently, and I've been quite insulin sensitive, with too many hypos, for a few days. Maybe that period is over now, I'm working on the assumption it is, but will find out soon enough.

Have a good day, everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning lovelies, just catching up a bit before I head off to a training session at the ambo station - we’ve got our practical exams at uni next week and they’ve kindly offered to let us play with the toys over there. Bloods seem relatively settled after the bonkersness of the last couple of weeks, the beauty of a pump is that you can fiddle with settings ad infinitum. Love it. Just chilling with a coffee and the Wales game before heading round the corner to the station. Have a good one x

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook