Free flu jab offered to record numbers this year

VMK

Huh! Didn’t know this till I got the letter today. I went and paid for the jab at Boots last week !

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. What are you saying then that those of us that do have the jab are like sheep just having it done because others do

Well I think it odd that many of us here question the medical consensus on T2 diabetes and adopt a completely "anti the norm" way of eating to bring it under control but then blindly continue with statins and flu jabs.
But that's just cynical old me.. you do you and i'll leave my jab in the needle.
I feel I am the healthiest I have ever been and rarely even get a cold so....

Reactions: ickihun
D

Deleted member 308541

Well I think it odd that many of us here question the medical consensus on T2 diabetes and adopt a completely "anti the norm" way of eating to bring it under control but then blindly continue with statins and flu jabs.
I do not get my yearly fluvax shot for being a T2 diabetic, but for having a COPD.

The same with the Rosuvastatin I take it was prescribed by my cardioligist when I was had cardiac problems nearly six years ago. I still do not get any of these aches, pains or whatever ills I am supposed to get by taking them.

Reactions: Pinkorchid

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not get my yearly fluvax shot for being a T2 diabetic, but for having a COPD.

The same with the Rosuvastatin I take it was prescribed by my cardioligist when I was had cardiac problems nearly six years ago. I still do not get any of these aches, pains or whatever ills I am supposed to get by taking them.

Superb .. providing it is a decision that you have made yourself with some input from your doctor..
Many however simply do as they are told.. a position I now fear has created a lot of problems for the general population.. possibly more than it has cured.... just ask a GP when they last de-prescribed medication for someone.

Reactions: Member496333

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

If get the flu jab. Had it last week. Never have any effects from the actual jab.
Probably been having them yearly for the last 20/30 years.? Had nasty bouts of flu prior, but It hasn't stopped me from contracting the odd bout.. Just helps speed up recovery.?

Could be just coincidence, since I stopped working with kids or members of the general public. I've not had that many issues with flu..

Work atendence may also be improved regarding those with a stronger immune system? Wheather helped by a vaccine or not..

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont have the flu jab as, each time I used to have it, I got a massive ME reaction and could hardly move for days, so I dont have it anymore. My body is weird.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont have the flu jab as, each time I used to have it, I got a massive ME reaction and could hardly move for days, so I dont have it anymore. My body is weird.

Since using a Libre. Feels like wearing a Libre for a sort while on the "spot."

Suppose we all react to it indeviduualy.. We make an informed choice "to jab or not to jab." From past experience.

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I only started getting flu jab after diagnosis but I don’t think I will this year being a bit lazy... I seem to have very good and strong immune system (causing type 1 diabetes maybe?) I never get bad cold or I don’t think I ever had a flu even though I use commuting train with lots of people coughing .....