gastric bypass type 2..

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sad to see this on my news feed.

BBC report that teenagers in US are being considered for Gastric Bypass surgery for Type 2.
not seeing any report of LCHF just the eatwell plate, i guess.

LINK

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heard about this last night on the Radio 4 Born in Bradford program. In Bradford loads of teenagers are T2. It made desperately sad listening.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At what point, i wonder sadly, are the Powers That Be going to start looking at causes, rather than cures like this? It reminds me of the electrotherapy in the 1950's (yes, it does still happen, and helps some, but not the way it was used wholesale then) or the treatments of lobotomizing patients routinely.

There has to be a reason why our bodies are reacting wholesale to modern foods.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
At what point, i wonder sadly, are the Powers That Be going to start looking at causes, rather than cures like this? It reminds me of the electrotherapy in the 1950's (yes, it does still happen, and helps some, but not the way it was used wholesale then) or the treatments of lobotomizing patients routinely.

All that Electroshock therapy did for Judith when as a 16 year old supposed voluntary patient after being strapped down and injected with a drug to sedate her all against her will in a room with a load of other young screaming girls was to give her a life long phobia and dread of injections and medical procedures. in my view barbaric. The only way she got it to stop was by pretending it had worked and convincing them that she was ok now and that they could discontinue.

VMK

Yes. It wasn’t until I was diagnosed that I realised just how hard it is to avoid carbs. They’re everywhere and in large portions!

Reactions: jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes. It wasn’t until I was diagnosed that I realised just how hard it is to avoid carbs. They’re everywhere and in large portions!
There are very few isles in my local Coop that I can walk down without a sense of trepidation.

Reactions: jjraak