1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

gastric bypass type 2..

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by jjraak, Oct 23, 2019.

1. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Sad to see this on my news feed.

BBC report that teenagers in US are being considered for Gastric Bypass surgery for Type 2.
    not seeing any report of LCHF just the eatwell plate, i guess.

LINK

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Heard about this last night on the Radio 4 Born in Bradford program. In Bradford loads of teenagers are T2. It made desperately sad listening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

At what point, i wonder sadly, are the Powers That Be going to start looking at causes, rather than cures like this? It reminds me of the electrotherapy in the 1950's (yes, it does still happen, and helps some, but not the way it was used wholesale then) or the treatments of lobotomizing patients routinely.

There has to be a reason why our bodies are reacting wholesale to modern foods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

All that Electroshock therapy did for Judith when as a 16 year old supposed voluntary patient after being strapped down and injected with a drug to sedate her all against her will in a room with a load of other young screaming girls was to give her a life long phobia and dread of injections and medical procedures. in my view barbaric. The only way she got it to stop was by pretending it had worked and convincing them that she was ok now and that they could discontinue.

• Hug Hug x 3
  5. VMK

VMK · Well-Known Member

Yes. It wasn’t until I was diagnosed that I realised just how hard it is to avoid carbs. They’re everywhere and in large portions!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

There are very few isles in my local Coop that I can walk down without a sense of trepidation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. VMK

VMK · Well-Known Member

When I meet friends for coffee there’s usually a 4 tier cabinet full of cakes, pastries, biscuits etc...

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook