Chocolates

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While we were visiting with my mom yesterday, she came up with a whole box of chocolate praliné's. I haven't lived in Tilburg for well over a decade now, so I didn't catch the developments at what used to be my childhood idea of heaven; Chocolatier Boulanger, with it's large glittering chandlier and chocolates on display as if they were jewellery. not to mention the lovely boxes. Haven't been there in what seems like forever. But they have praline's in various flavours, hazelnut, coconut, eggnog etc, sweetened with maltitol. Zero sugar. None. Sadly, no nutritional information is available, but I had 5, because I couldn't help myself. When we got home my BS was 4,5, which I wasn't expecting. They really, really are low carb. Now, I don't respond particularly well to maltitol, but for this I'll be willing to suffer a little. Oh my... They are so good! Mom joked about getting me a pound of these for Christmas, and I'm still not entirely sure she truly was kidding. And I'm not entirely sure I want her to be. Now, I know you guys have no use whatsoever for a chocolatier without a webshop all the way over in Tilburg, The Netherlands. But it did make me wonder whether there are other chocolatiers out there who are getting on the bandwagon with this, either with stevia or maltitol... I have a shop in Amersfoort, Sweet Sisters (15 minutes drive rather than the hour and 10 minutes it takes to get to Boulanger), and they mostly have extra pure chocolate bars that fit my bill, but I don't know of any praliné's, save for one brand of italian, and they only have one single flavour. I just wonder... Is Boulanger unique in the world of chocolates, or does this happen here and there? Are we missing things because the bulk of us avoid chocolatiers? (Unless we're extra pure fiends...;) )

Attachments

• boulanger 01.jpg
    boulanger 01.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: KK123

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am not a chocolate fan but those looked lovely and even I am tempted, even checked where Tilburg was, in comparison to the ferry terminal. These would make wonderful presents for my diabetic siblings and friends. Maybe your mum should set up an export business as a sideline. I am sure she would get lots of business from people on this forum.

Going to remember that picture for a long while.

Reactions: Antje77

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
While we were visiting with my mom yesterday, she came up with a whole box of chocolate praliné's. I haven't lived in Tilburg for well over a decade now, so I didn't catch the developments at what used to be my childhood idea of heaven; Chocolatier Boulanger, with it's large glittering chandlier and chocolates on display as if they were jewellery. not to mention the lovely boxes. Haven't been there in what seems like forever. But they have praline's in various flavours, hazelnut, coconut, eggnog etc, sweetened with maltitol. Zero sugar. None. Sadly, no nutritional information is available, but I had 5, because I couldn't help myself. When we got home my BS was 4,5, which I wasn't expecting. They really, really are low carb. Now, I don't respond particularly well to maltitol, but for this I'll be willing to suffer a little. Oh my... They are so good! Mom joked about getting me a pound of these for Christmas, and I'm still not entirely sure she truly was kidding. And I'm not entirely sure I want her to be. Now, I know you guys have no use whatsoever for a chocolatier without a webshop all the way over in Tilburg, The Netherlands. But it did make me wonder whether there are other chocolatiers out there who are getting on the bandwagon with this, either with stevia or maltitol... I have a shop in Amersfoort, Sweet Sisters (15 minutes drive rather than the hour and 10 minutes it takes to get to Boulanger), and they mostly have extra pure chocolate bars that fit my bill, but I don't know of any praliné's, save for one brand of italian, and they only have one single flavour. I just wonder... Is Boulanger unique in the world of chocolates, or does this happen here and there? Are we missing things because the bulk of us avoid chocolatiers? (Unless we're extra pure fiends...;) )
Good news. Thanks.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I've had all these companies off and on and they are all pretty good. But I don't know which ones you have access to as they are all US. There are quite a few other companies too.

With the US labels, you have to deduct the fiber and sugar alcohols for net carbs.

CocoPolo
https://www.cocopolo.com/about-us/
PureLove *These use stevia only
https://www.purelovechocolate.com/12-chocolate-bars
Lily's
https://lilys.com/
Lakanto
https://www.lakanto.com/collections/chocolate/products/sugar-free-semi-sweet-chocolate-chips

Reactions: Grannypat

Paulm80

I had this Saturday with popcorn at cinema, I didn’t have any wife did as it was sweet and quite carby, when the film started I couldn’t keep my hands out of it, was dreading testing when home came up 4.6 though!
Strange how things react, I want them chocolates though!!

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had this Saturday with popcorn at cinema, I didn’t have any wife did as it was sweet and quite carby, when the film started I couldn’t keep my hands out of it, was dreading testing when home came up 4.6 though!
Strange how things react, I want them chocolates though!!

You are so lucky. I had a small bag of salted popcorn (Propercorn) and my BG was 9!!