Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@smc4761 still averaging 7 now? (post typing?)

@SueJB yes river is now back in it's box so too speak - still high but within it's banks (where I see it on my commute).

BGs have been up and down (more up though) within normal acceptable limits, no silly highs nor real lows, school report would be "C- could do better!"

Hi @slip right on cue it has sneeked up, but only slightly, now at BG 7.1, but still happy with that:)

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, just popping in to say hello. Diabetes has been okay and I’m still waking on ever so slightly high. DAFNE session today and we’ve come to a conclusion that I should only correct bg levels above 12. Due to my sensitivity, insulin will push me to a hypo if I correct a 9 or a 10, which has happened. But CGM funding has been approved, so another month or so before I see it in person. They have to order it and fit me into an appointment :) I don’t know which one, it could be Medtronic or Dexcom, who knows.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Japes

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had the longest nap and now I’m slightly awake. BG slowly shooting up from a low carb dinner 6.5 to 10.7. Lately low carb hasn’t been working well, I know I have to factor in protein but I’ll make the nurses scream next week if I inject for protein. I already got the nicest passive aggressive message from them to “stop confusing everyone”. I still think protein raises my blood sugar though. *shrugs* I was also told off in the most gentle way possible for reading Pumping insulin by John walsh. Possibly basal needs another increase - either I’m growing my winter body or infection is still lurking around.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m still not quite convinced about the pump. Another DAFNE member sitting next to me is on a pump and his blood sugars creeped from 7.4 to 21.0 and he kept trying to correct. You can say I panicked for him and jokingly said that banana he had for breakfast was not worth it. So for him it was probably a dodgy site because he said he changed his site yesterday. Despite he was running high, he said I’d love the pump.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
You do have site failures, it's just the way it is with pumps. I have an Omnipod and I change it out much quicker nowadays when I am suspicious. It does not happen often. The benefits are being able to adjust our basal level for different times of the day. In your case you might benefit from say a temp decrease when you are busy at work. Plus giving yourself corrective bolus doses will also be easier. It's just a push of a button and it's delivered. With a CGM combo it's really great because you can see that .5 a little too high number and easily give yourself an adjustment.

It does become something you start to pay a lot more attention to, not so easy to ignore!

sportyboston

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
At least you can garden!(I’m jealous) we are in a drought and my garden is dead, my lawn is now just dirt.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends,
Happy friday :) Diabetes was good this morning at 7.6 but now I’m running high despite double whammy bolus. I even timed it 10 mins earlier. My consultant is gonna have a nice lecture on Monday about it. Avoiding carbs is ever so mildy helping but blood glucose creeps up slowly, carbs are making it worse but I love bananas and insulin resistance is giggling away.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good aftermorning all

@MeiChanski congrats on getting funding for a CGM. What you have to remember while pumping is that you have no Basal insulin so if you have a dodgy site or a blockage then your BGs while rise REALLY quickly. I am now going to be pushing my DSN for the CGM to go with my 640G :)

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good aftermorning all

@MeiChanski congrats on getting funding for a CGM. What you have to remember while pumping is that you have no Basal insulin so if you have a dodgy site or a blockage then your BGs while rise REALLY quickly. I am now going to be pushing my DSN for the CGM to go with my 640G :)

Thank you, best of luck to you. You are definitely not convincing me the guy who sat next to me really pushed my anxiety up, as I was watching him creep up from 14.5 to 21.0. He was so calm about it, I’m like nuhuh, I’d scream and do another site change.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well I was completely wrong, pump start and CGM appointment is all set a week apart in January 2020. So from 17th - 31st and after 31st I’ll be in full gear.

Reactions: porl69

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning. Not long woken up after my not-very-eventful nightshift. Been having a run of collecting type twos who aren’t in a very good way due to co-morbidities this week.

Reactions: porl69