What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is one thing I have yet to try if I ever have the temerity to eat a crumpet again is an eggy crumpet like eggy bread but done with a crumpet I didn't think you could fry a crumpet but it seems you can.
Sounds like it would be worth trying :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 today. I’m with you on the croissants and Danish pastries @ianpspurs I was only telling my daughter yesterday about the fabulous apple Danish we used to sell at the bakery where I had my first Saturday job, they were heavenly.
@OldButBold my first smile of the day was brought on by your ‘Life can be a funny old sausage’!
I’m off to see the film Judy ( about Judy Garland) this morning at the old fogeys showing. Free coffee and biscuits for those that want them.
Yesterday I saw the social prescribing nurse at our surgery - they offer some cracking things. I’m getting a 12 week course with a personal trainer then can join a local gym at greatly reduced price. Also an Eden project pass to go whenever I want but they offer social walks for people with various health conditions if I want to meet people. There is also ‘forest craft’ art, yoga, all sorts of stuff, it’s a really good scheme.
Have a great day everyone.
I've never heard of a social prescribing nurse sounds very interesting.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday too busy to get on here but had a score of 5.9 this morning a yuky 7.1 but then hardly any sleep . Miserable dark and wet day here ...no work but have to stay in for numerous deliveries none have of which have arrived so far at allotted times . Ah well at least warm and dry :).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A frustrating update on the expected arrival of our kittens...they had been expected by the beginning of next weekend (the 1st of December) now after yet another phone call it's going to be around the 10th of December...they had been poorly and needed to put on more weight before being spayed another check to ensure they didn't have the fatal condition that took our first two...I have said Wood Green now need to contact me & give me an update on their condition had I not been proactive then I would have heard nothing...photos requested & should be here soon...we all want to be considered reasonable but we all have a limit...at the moment out two are called 'big fish' & 'Cardboard'

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never heard of a social prescribing nurse sounds very interesting.

I think it’s a national thing as my daughter told me that council run gyms have to offer cut price sessions or membership for GP referrals. I picked up a leaflet about it in my surgery but it is specific to this area (Cornwall)
I’d ask about it at your next GP appt as the GP had to sign a form to say I’d benefit from it.
I’ve been offered 12 sessions with a personal trainer ( free) followed by cut price gym membership ( £20 pm rather than £35) and also free pass to the Eden project where they organise walks for social interaction as well as fitness. There are also forest schools, gardening clubs, lots of different walking groups, art groups, tons of stuff - I’m very impressed. I have an appointment to go back to the social prescribing nurse in 6 weeks to talk about progress, but to be honest most of the last appointment we spent talking about dogs! (Turns out we both have puppies about the same age) good luck with it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and a 5.5 on this damp day in the centre of the UK or thereabouts.

Granddaughter day then all family around for evening meal, games and lots of music.

Dodge the rain drops, hide from the cold, or soak up the sun, have the best day you can each and every one.

Lovely line for a song while y'all are making music this evening. :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bring back Les Dawson and politically incorrect mother in law jokes. I thought I was going to have a day being silly with my granddaughter but not so. I have just done a 50 mile round trip to sort mom in law. The only reason I have sciatica is all the furniture, carpet moving and cleaning I did for MIL on Monday. She rang today because she can't open her living room door on new carpet, yes we knew it was stiff but thought it would free up with use on new carpet. So I volunteer to go leaving Mrs MC to play with little one. On arrival MIL puffs and blows insisting I leave the door alone as it will be OK over time, I persist and get the job done, heavy doors, lots of saw dust, angry grumbling MIL who is not in the least bit grateful. I must have upset some deity or other, Oh, that's Dave Allens politically incorrect jokes. Still I think I point scored with Mrs MC.

So no food since a 0 carb breakfast and what are my pre lunch readings? A 6.1 no justice maybe those deities are playing with me like a game of chess.

@jjraak I now shall never be able to think of my health centre as anything but Monty Python a timely reminder to 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"

Reactions: True Blue and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A frustrating update on the expected arrival of our kittens...they had been expected by the beginning of next weekend (the 1st of December) now after yet another phone call it's going to be around the 10th of December...they had been poorly and needed to put on more weight before being spayed another check to ensure they didn't have the fatal condition that took our first two...I have said Wood Green now need to contact me & give me an update on their condition had I not been proactive then I would have heard nothing...photos requested & should be here soon...we all want to be considered reasonable but we all have a limit...at the moment out two are called 'big fish' & 'Cardboard'

Oh no that is frustrating! I can understand the need to be absolutely sure they are healthy but they could have let you know about the delay, that really is trying your patience.
Big fish and Cardboard are hilarious names, I love them! Looking forward to some photos.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.7 at 0700 and 5.7 also at 0430. Was awake from 0200 to 0530 worrying about everything. Atm I am not going to have the injection though I will go and do the eye test and talk to them if they are interested. It will take a lot of reassurance to give me the confidence to have it. It didnt help that the Consultant wrote that I was probably traumatised because the last one was done in a different place. So who knows how it will go but atm I am not having it. Mr PM is a bit fed up with me I think.
Anyway have a good Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Lots of hugs to you PM your feelings are quite understandable. When did you decide not to go ahead with it? I wonder if having made that decision and feeling understandably calmer afterwards, that’s why you are back in the 5s this morning.
Hope eye test goes well, Mr PM will come round I’m sure.

Reactions: True Blue

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Random 3.30 reading today after 50 mins weights first thing then specially prepared hot chocolate and avocado brekkie (supplemented by smoked salmon and 2 poached eggs ) was 4.8. Off for Mövenpick full carb ice cream overlooking the sea - we may lose and we may win but we will never be here again (well, maybe next year)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Big hug for this second disappointment. You are more tolerant than I am -- I would have found another shelter by now or contacted local vets to ask about available, healthy, kittens. No wonder you have been feeling like **** recently! (*'d out my own choices of word ;) ) xx ^. .^

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t get a chance to pop in here until just now. Fbg was 5.1.
Been busy shopping, packing and muddy dog walking in readiness for our weekend away ‘Stormwatching’ in a dog friendly cottage overlooking Fistral beach. Collecting granddaughters from school soon and taking them there, they’ve been so excited about it. The others will join us this evening. I’ve packed steaks and quite a lot of wine so don’t care what the weather does this weekend. We get free use of the hotel pool and spa too.
Have a good Friday night all

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A big rounded 8 for me this morning, result of having fallen off the wagon again last night. I just couldn't stomach any more protein at that hour but was too hungry to sleep.

Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 at 0700 and 5.7 also at 0430. Was awake from 0200 to 0530 worrying about everything. Atm I am not going to have the injection though I will go and do the eye test and talk to them if they are interested. It will take a lot of reassurance to give me the confidence to have it. It didnt help that the Consultant wrote that I was probably traumatised because the last one was done in a different place. So who knows how it will go but atm I am not having it. Mr PM is a bit fed up with me I think.
Anyway have a good Friday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

I wouldn't have the injection either, in your place. Good for you for being willing to talk to them. xx

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A big rounded 8 for me this morning, result of having fallen off the wagon again last night. I just couldn't stomach any more protein at that hour but was too hungry to sleep.
Been there so many times but tomorrow is a another day and fresh start :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just phoned for my blood tests results couldn't wait till next week to see DN and woohoo cholesterol and Hbac1 are down. Cholesterol is 5.7 ( down from over 6 ) though don't know the ratio as yet ; and most importantly ( to me ) my hbac1 is down from 69 to 51.Big grin :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big hug for this second disappointment
I am disappointed Saskia at yet another delay...I was offered the choice of other kittens but I couldn't abandon the second ones we reserved...they & their mother had a terrible start (too graphic to include here) so we can wait for them...what has irritated & frustrated me is the lack of information...I had to firmly but kindly say today I need to be kept updated on their progress...I have no doubt the message got through today & I am resolute those babies we picked are the right ones for us...I am waiting for pictures which when they arrive will be posted.

Last edited: