What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks , a 5.6 on the testing dice, @SaskiaKC I hope your thanksgiving went well.

Happy happy Friday everyone, I have been tempted by the lure of filthy lucre to work this Saturday, job and knock as they say so hopefully not a full day, hugs to all that need them and love and peace to you all.

Thank you. It was lovely. We feasted on roast beef (me) and tuna-salmon mix (the KittenCat) and I ate way too much pumpkin bread and read quotes by some of the original Thanksgivers and then went for two walks and kicked up some lovely leaves. :)

Reactions: mojo37 and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Message to Mrs Miggins c/o @dunelm
I have had an Acer Chromebook now for several years and I love it. They are said to be nearly as virus-immune as MacBooks, and cost about 1/10 of an Apple product. Mine synced itself with my Nook tablet and Android smartphone. I had to sync it and my printer but now they work away happily together, making me happy too. Depending on what Mrs Miggins wants to do with hers ... I have never formatted any formal-for-publication papers on it, but otherwise its WP program handles whatever I throw at it. I will never go back to Windows. :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all/ Weatherman is promising blue skies, sunny, but a bit cold. About time too.

FBG 6.1 mmo/lt at 0420. About time too also.

Got my Black Friday deal. £40 off a boat halyard winch which I was going to buy anyway. Can't be all bad?

and in keeping with our new tradition.
i buy MY prezzie, Missus buys her one, and we say it came from the other, that way we get what WE want, not the nearest panic driven item on sale.
then we do a smaller present we actually do search and buy for each other.

this year, madam has just snaffled me a ticwatch s2 down nearly £50, on A 2 Z...;)
that i've been uumming & aahhing over most of year, it was in the mix with the huawai GT at £109 from argos.

Though if i am completely honest if i was in the gravity of apple, i would in a heartbeat have gone apple 3 or higher,
despite the galaxy being better rated, google have let me down too many times where as apple just think of a product and keep building on it.
apple health is supposed to be far in front of the lame google fit.
(don't ask how i know google fit is pants.. :rolleyes: )

so Chrimbo, at the beach, a long leisurely swim, while reading my E-Mails.and listening to music...whats not to love...:hilarious:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh just look at those adorable faces. How wonderful that after such a horrible start in life they are now going to live in the lap of cat luxury for the rest of their days. Which is currently Big Fish and which is Cardboard?
I'm not sure which is which TBH I haven't met them yet...we didn't even see them just reserved on a description will meet them on the 10th...spend half an hour with them just to be sure (I am sure but that's Wood Greens policy) then off home...I have a nice snug warm pouch for the cat basket and a gorgeous little pink cover for over the top...can't wait to get them home.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
apple health is supposed to be far in front of the lame google fit.

I use Apple health and associated Apple fitness and sleep apps, all top quality. My Health app collates all the data from the others and somehow knows the difference between when I'm walking and on the cross-trainer.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The last few days have been running quite low blood sugars and am spending quite a lot of the day in the very low 4s.

Tonight have just got home from work and because I felt I was low I tested and it was 3.5. Did a retest and it was 3.7.

When I was on insulin I would have had some glucose but as I am no longer on insulin or any other meds I am assuming that I don't need to do anything.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not sure which is which TBH I haven't met them yet...we didn't even see them just reserved on a description will meet them on the 10th...spend half an hour with them just to be sure (I am sure but that's Wood Greens policy) then off home...I have a nice snug warm pouch for the cat basket and a gorgeous little pink cover for over the top...can't wait to get them home.

Awwww .... :). ^. .^. .^
That sounds so sweet .... may we see pics please when all set up?
The KittenCat's carrier is pink, with bows and ribbons.
We are sending purrs to Big Fish and Cardboard aka Charlie and Lola.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i buy MY prezzie, Missus buys her one, and we say it came from the other, that way we get what WE want, not the nearest panic driven item on sale.
That's exactly what we do. It works really well for us.
How different we all are when it comes to how we deal with Christmas and the traditions we have which often then carry on from generation to generation, the fascination of humans.

My Christmas present buying is based on my deat old dads example and I believe my grandads also. My dad always said ....

"presents should be something the recipient would never expect or know they want but on receiving it they should feel joy, be extremely pleased to have been given it and discover they really wanted it but never knew they did"

Yes, that's a stressful present buying experience but it works in our family and in the 55 years I have known Mrs MC that's the rule I have applied. My daughter carries on the tradition, my son, well he's not so good at it. Did I ever get it totally wrong? Well that would be telling.:joyful:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice idea, @Muddy Cyclist
but lost track of them prezzies where i thought ..*** were YOU thinking
and i'm sure vice versa ...where the ONLY winner was..you guessed it big business.

a most unnecessarily stressful time, where we all trey to promote our choices while be coy and dumbing down what we really want for various reasons.

our way, madam spends in excess of what i would EVER on make up.perfumes.etc...
(.............HOW MUCH..:wideyed::woot: )

i spend excess of what she EVER would for some STUPID gadget
that in her world does'n't even put the slimmest of foundation on ones face.

we are horses for courses.
how we ever know that what we bought is what they really want, must be so difficult to tell,
when the ones we love never intentionally want to hurt us.and just smile sweetly with
''Oh Just what i wanted..another henry hoover ..never have too many "

which is where i believe Marks an Spencers return policy originated, as part of the marriage guidance counselling idea.
and jolly successful it is too, judging by the long lines at every store come bank holiday Monday.....:hilarious:

but as i say, horses for courses.
if we are all happy doing what we do, who's to say it's wrong.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick note to share.

spotted this post by @HSSS

Posted in statins so may be overlooked by many.

A long posted link, by tim Noakes
fitted my Trigs perfectly..interesting re non T2D being IR
and the impact that has on so many other illnesses.
https://www.crossfit.com/essentials/its-the-insulin-resistance-stupid-part-1
Interesting link @jjraak perhaps I have not read it at the best time of day it was a bit like reading an horror story or watching a scary movie during the dark witching hours.
For years I thought I was eating healthily based on advise from professionals, governments and the food industry, although I also am partly too blame, I had over eat and binged on all the wrong things, convinced myself I was OK as I Mountain Biked so got regular exercise but in the back of my mind there was always that niggle, probably because I had seen my mom go through Type 2 at its worst, also I was putting on the kilos, it took the sharp shock of T2D diagnosis to make me change my lifestyle and diet, thank goodness I did and I found the forum or it could all be much worse. Like you say all that damage done, we can't turn back the clock but we can be ambassadors taking a lead from the likes of @Debandez and people like her who set an example, I try spreading the word in a much more modest way, I have my kids listening, some friends are interested or inquisitive and believe it or not my three young granddaughters are always asking questions about my diet and taking note. The future holds hope"

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.7 on the dice of doom at 6.ooam, out of my pit and off to an Amazon hub today, installing a new extraction unit in the kitchens there, will have to try hard to avoid all the temptations on offer.
Have a lovely day all.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting take on present buying @jjraak , the wife says this year we aren't to buy for each other...if she thinks I'm falling for that old chestnut she must think I've just dropped off a Christmas tree.

Reactions: DJC3