1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by OldButBold, Apr 24, 2019.

1. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Interesting take on present buying @jjraak , the wife says this year we aren't to buy for each other...if she thinks I'm falling for that old chestnut she must think I've just dropped off a Christmas tree.

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...a stressful day yesterday...set off for London not a bad drive there in good time.. unbelievably it then took me an hour & a quarter to find a parking space...job done I set off home it took three hours the traffic was backed up so many diversions in place...finally I had to find another route home which involved the back roads twisting winding & slippery by the time I got home I was in a foul temper couldn't be bothered & ate badly...finally settled down & watched the news which brought me back to my senses of what's important...London Bridge...felt quite ashamed & thought of those who didn't tragically get home yesterday & those who tackled the attacker...I was nowhere near the incident however it had a knock on effect all over London... that was/is my area I was there all the time when I lived in London just minutes from my old home...haven't tested yet doesn't seem important today!

• Hug Hug x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone.

FBG 6.3 mmo/lt at 0420.

Crimbo planning awaits. Was planning to visit a camera shop called Jessops, but not sure if it still exists, such is the demise of the high street. Have a good weekend.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morning and another winter greeting outside. A 5.2 for me today, happy with that.

A day of getting ready for our jam session so no Frosty Bike Rides for me today.

@trick60 watch out they don't get you doing deliveries on your way back home, crafty things those smiling boxes.

Keep warm and happy if you are able, hugs if the stuff of life gets in your way or you are under the weather.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who wondering why the radio stations are playing Christmas carols in November.

Yep that meter is playing games an 8.0 this morning, of course it has nothing to do with what I indulged in eating last night!

Day number two of having the grandchildren and more fun and games are planned. Mrs J is not amused and at one point yesterday afternoon sent me to bed for allegedly being naughty, I of course dispute the naughty bit, never mind.
    Today is another day and a new blank canvas hehehehe
    Have a good day folks

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

4.9 on the Libre or 5.5 by finger prick. Happy with both/ either.
    I’m enjoying the Christmas present chat. The best compromise I’ve come across was the system used by a Hindu friend and her family. She has always lived in England so has grown up knowing about Christmas although her family don’t celebrate it as such. Instead they buy gifts for the children but not the adults. They all decide in advance which charity they are going to support that year and all put £50 in a pot which is given to the charity of choice. Everybody wins! I’ve been trying to get my lot to do something similar but old habits and the pressure of the advertisers are hard to break free from.
    @trick60 wise man!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OldButBold

OldButBold Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5.8 this morning, I was 4.8 on retiring for the night so musn't grumble. Heavy frost this morning and I'm on leaf duty, best put my thermals on :)

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  8. True Blue

True Blue Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hello @Krystyna23040 Suggest check the calibration of your meter. Should be a special dummy test strip that came with your meter. Next step is to retest. If still in these low BG phases I would seek some professional advice. A low GI snack wouldn't hurt. Lots of Love.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    #13248 True Blue, Nov 30, 2019 at 7:18 AM
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  9. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

2.3 for me jelly babies and a digestive and up to 5.6 so alls good apart from the headache i shall be a pumper by 11th dec so excited for that although feeling a little nervous anyway have a great weekend everyone .happy present buying...or not

• Hug Hug x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Muddy Cyclist

Great idea, we are involved in many musical and theatrical groups and some time ago they all agreed to stop sending Christmas cards to each other so for some years each group collects money off its members and it goes to charity, we do this with friends also. Of course being a liker of Christmas person, I do like giving Christmas cards so I paint loads and give them to closer friends and family.
    Thermals, the bane of hot air balloonists. You will certainly blow those leaves away. :joyful:

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Thank you @SaskiaKC. She also chose an Acer model and the set up was a dream. Just put her account details in at off it went.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. dunelm

Mine sometimes dips into the 3’s but I am not on any medication so I don’t do anything about it apart from the bonus of being able to eat a bit more should I wish.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  13. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

London Bridge was bad.

My son lives between London Bridge and Tower Bridge, so I am texting to see if he is okay. He took a long time to get back to me. I hate that.
    But he is catching the train this morning to come up here and we will go for lunch before he goes back.

Hugs for you @HarryBeau and for your stressful day.

Not taking my blood sugar reading this morning because I ate too much waiting for my son's reply text. Will start again tomorrow.

So take care everyone.
    Be alert.
    Hugs for those who need them.
    >^••^<

• Like Like x 10
    • Hug Hug x 3
    #13253 gennepher, Nov 30, 2019 at 8:11 AM
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  14. dunelm

Yep, pretty much the same with us now. When my parents lived in the UK, my siblings and I would gather together for Christmas, mum would write to us and include the line, “presents to be no more in value than ......”.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Muddy Cyclist

A mom with sense as most from that generation seemed to have. But it's true we don't have to spend a fortune to make a present great, sadly modern retailing and advertising tries to make many think expensive is best. Having said that we shouldn't blame them selling is their business and it keeps many people employed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  16. dunelm

Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north. Today’s word is frost and todays colour is sparkling.

The wonder wheel of a roast chicken in 30 minutes curtesy of my new toy came in at 5.5 this am.

I have the great pleasure today of being able to fiddle about with a Phillips screwdriver and a replacement battery for Mr Dyson’s magical noise stick and child chaser. The thing is only four years old but Mrs Miggins is a high mileage user. My own contribution is to make the mess in the first instance to justify the expense of the original purchase. Whatever happened to that nice, silent running, Meile?

Have a great day if you can, watch out for rabbits tomorrow.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  17. HarryBeau

My day was nothing in comparison to yesterdays sad events...yes I understand the anxiety waiting for your son to reply...I have checked that family & friends still in London are all fine relieved to report they are all okay...I hadn't tested either gennepher I'll wait until tomorrow

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Hug Hug x 4
  18. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.8 this morning. Perhaps fbs in the 4s is the new normal. I didn't eat anything after the 3.5 and 3.7 readings last night because I wanted to see if my liver would be able to raise blood sugars without any help - which it did overnight.

I have been doing lower carb since May 2016 and keto for the la
    Thank you for this. This morning checked with the control solution then checked with two other meters. Control solution ok. Other two meters were reading even lower than the one I used yesterday. So very puzzling as to why all the low numbers. I will make sure i I keep some 100% chocolate in my bag in case I go into the 3s before driving today.

• Like Like x 11
    • Hug Hug x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HarryBeau

I loved my Miele vacuum...opted for the Dyson cordless pipe it lasted less than six months here (still in the cupboard) having not learned a lesson I then got a GTECH...not a great success either...now I have the trusty Shark & can honestly say it's the best one I have ever tried (so far).

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Thank you for this. I didn't realise that anyone else dropped into the 3s. Last night I didn't try to correct it but my liver did a correction on its own. 4.8 this morning. So all good.

• Like Like x 11
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook