Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, yesterday was the works xmas lunch, totally failed to keep the BGs respectable and then over compensated at tea/dinner/supper time (well didn't time and dose correctly for a 0 carb protein fatty snack) - but as we quite often say tomorrow is another day and so it is, breakfast peak absolutely nailed down and steady over night too.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning. Off to have a car crash (literally) training day with all the emergency services. What's the betting that as the student I'll end up being put in a car, cut out of it and then triple immobilised on a scoop stretcher? Doubt they'll give me fentanyl and ketamine though :D

Sounds like a fun morning :)

My car went bang this morning, the misses was driving me to work and it over revved....well full revs, she managed to stall it.....smoked out Pontypool......RAC just come and towed it into the garage. Turbo blown....the car is on 300k miles and is a 2001 Bora. So next stop is the great car park in the sky :sorry::(:(:(

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. Just wow. Someone I don't even know is giving me 2 Libre sensors :wideyed:<3
Last month she mentioned in a Facebook group her son can't use them because of skin reaction. Someone else reacted that she couldn't either, before, but she could with the sensors with a newer date.
I have lots of self funded sensors with a newer date so I offered to swap, as I haven't had a skin reaction from anything in my life.
Logistics were complicated. I took mine to family halfway the country, my niece picked them up at the other family and this woman picked them up at my nieces place in exchange for her sensors. A couple of weeks later I saw my niece again at the family halfway so everybody was happy.

Just now I got a message from the woman to ask if everything was alright with the sensors I got (they're fine) and to tell how happy she is that her son can wear the newer sensors, as they had been about to give up on the Libre altogether. She still has 2 with the date in march which they won't use. They get them funded so she doesn't want to sell them (good woman!) and she'd love to give them to me because I had wanted to do the complicated swap with nothing in it for me really.

And on top of that I woke up at a 4.8 with a straight line through the night :)
Isn't life wonderful sometimes!

Reactions: Marie 2 and Jaylee

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Antje77 goes to show there are good people around.....at least in the diabetes world anyway :)

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Little fella just been picked up just had to say what a fabulous day we have had an he didnt want to go home we done a bit of shopping and stopped off for a costa he has been as good as gold
FB_IMG_1575471793979.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning. Off to have a car crash (literally) training day with all the emergency services. What's the betting that as the student I'll end up being put in a car, cut out of it and then triple immobilised on a scoop stretcher? Doubt they'll give me fentanyl and ketamine though :D

If they do offer any ketamine? Just say neigh! ;)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Diakat Have you ever been yet? It’s really really good!! I think I heard this is the last time it will tour as it’s just too expensive to try to do. The display is so valuable and risky they can’t protect it enough.. No security in place can be enough now?

It’s just so worth it to see, amazing stuff!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat Have you ever been yet? It’s really really good!! I think I heard this is the last time it will tour as it’s just too expensive to try to do. The display is so valuable and risky they can’t protect it enough.. No security in place can be enough now?

It’s just so worth it to see, amazing stuff!
I’ve never seen any in real life so am super excited. Yes they say that’s after this it’ll move back to Cairo forever.
I love the Egyptian stuff at the British Museum and of course King Tut is a kind of superstar in archeology.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve never seen any in real life so am super excited. Yes they say that’s after this it’ll move back to Cairo forever.
I love the Egyptian stuff at the British Museum and of course King Tut is a kind of superstar in archeology.

I saw the King Tut exhibition in Koln several years ago. Quite stunning.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It's just so amazing! Tons of gold in statues, coffin lids etc. All decorated so it's beautiful. Also the different pottery, plaques. They had a jar of honey that was crystallized but still completely okay (supposedly lol). Honey never is supposed to go bad just crystallizes. They switch up some of the stuff with each tour they've had. Just amazing stuff.
Truly priceless exhibit!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
What amazes me is that all this beautiful detailed work was done at about the time us Brits were managing to make Stonehenge!

Reactions: Antje77

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What amazes me is that all this beautiful detailed work was done at about the time us Brits were managing to make Stonehenge!

Having "done" the West Bank, seeing the art work and hieroglyphs were life highlights for a long time. The crispness of some of the work was stunning.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oddly Stone henge is the last of a line of henges? Been there a few times & get the feeling it is nothing more than a crude "power statement."

"Look what I did. Bring me your stuff..." A giant phishing scam.. ;)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Oddly Stone henge is the last of a line of henges? Been there a few times & get the feeling it is nothing more than a crude "power statement."

"Look what I did. Bring me your stuff..." A giant phishing scam.. ;)
It’s probably got great acoustics though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diakat , It's other theorised use? "A giant granite birthday cake or prison far to easy to escape."

I'd love to post the video. But I don't pass my censorship.. Lol. ;)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
We drive past in on the way to visit MIL. Cue whole family shouting “stone ‘enge” in a well known rock band parody fashion...

Reactions: Jaylee